Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby az21833 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Checking in!

4.0/171

Submitted today via PT after receiving my December LSAT score. My first submitted application. Feeling pretty good but afraid the late application may hurt me. Some quick questions for those that have gone through the gauntlet already...

1) What type of turn around are we seeing for PT submitted to review and review to decision recently? Is it ~10 days total as they say?

2) For those admitted, whats the status on merit aid? Do they provide it with your offer of admission? Or do you get a letter a month later? Do you need to apply afterwards for it?

3) For those admitted, how were you informed of their decision? I'm still stranded from my apartment because of Sandy and USPS mail forwarding is spotty, at best. Any information at all would be appreciated.

Many thanks and very much looking forward to riding this out with yall.

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby curious66 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:41 pm

1) PT is great.. 10 days start to finish and you will know.
2). Merit aid package -- most are auto considerations, but you should still fill out FAFSA etc
3). They let me know via email on the 10th day of PT :).

User avatar
hohenheim
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby hohenheim » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:48 pm

curious66 wrote:1) PT is great.. 10 days start to finish and you will know.
2). Merit aid package -- most are auto considerations, but you should still fill out FAFSA etc
3). They let me know via email on the 10th day of PT :).


What does this mean?

volp
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby volp » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:50 pm

In via email yesterday. PT

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby curious66 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:51 pm

az21833 wrote:Checking in!

4.0/171

Submitted today via PT after receiving my December LSAT score. My first submitted application. Feeling pretty good but afraid the late application may hurt me. Some quick questions for those that have gone through the gauntlet already...

1) What type of turn around are we seeing for PT submitted to review and review to decision recently? Is it ~10 days total as they say?

2) For those admitted, whats the status on merit aid? Do they provide it with your offer of admission? Or do you get a letter a month later? Do you need to apply afterwards for it?

3) For those admitted, how were you informed of their decision? I'm still stranded from my apartment because of Sandy and USPS mail forwarding is spotty, at best. Any information at all would be appreciated.

Many thanks and very much looking forward to riding this out with yall.


My response was just to answer the questions posted by az21833

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby az21833 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Ah hearing a PT acceptance via email in 10 days would be insanely amazing, I love Duke.

Regarding merit aid, nice to hear it is auto-consideration, don't think i have any more essays left in me.

Do they inform you as soon as you get admitted how much $ or what is the typical lag and what are people seeing so far?

I'm planning on submitting fafsa etc. after I get my W-2 but before the March deadline. Will this be an issue?

Thanks all.
Last edited by az21833 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Merylian
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Merylian » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Submitting tonight! Duke is definitely my Hail Mary, but I'm hoping the reduction in applications this cycle will help to mitigate my somewhat mediocre GPA.

Congrats to everyone admitted already! Durham/Raleigh area is a neat place, and NC a fantastic place to live. I'm sure you'll all enjoy it!

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby az21833 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 am

submitted yesterday night

received today

complete today

no word from any other t-14

duke is amazing. blue devils all day

swordking90
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby swordking90 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:46 pm

Has anyone gotten PT invite after the December scores were released (between Jan. 2nd and now)? I got a fee waiver w/o PT in November but I'm hoping Duke'll PT me due to my score increase. Thanks for the help!

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Teflon_Don » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Still sitting at complete 11/28

User avatar
intlsplitr
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby intlsplitr » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Checking in. Probably a long shot with my GPA but worth the application fee to find out.

User avatar
callipygian
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby callipygian » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Hope for splitters: admitted few weeks ago with ~3.3, ~173

User avatar
AllDangle
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby AllDangle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:19 am

Regarding financial aid. I was under the impression due to their email that we had to apply by filling out the info on the Need Access site (if we wish to be considered for need based), as well as completing their financial aid application and choosing if we wish to be considered for only merit or both. As well as the FAFSA if we plan on taking out loans.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 am

AllDangle wrote:Regarding financial aid. I was under the impression due to their email that we had to apply by filling out the info on the Need Access site (if we wish to be considered for need based), as well as completing their financial aid application and choosing if we wish to be considered for only merit or both. As well as the FAFSA if we plan on taking out loans.


Fafsa and need access for aid plus duke scholarship form

User avatar
letitloose
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby letitloose » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:09 pm

RFR 11/20. UR 1/7.

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby wisteria » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:29 pm

letitloose wrote:RFR 11/20. UR 1/7.


+1. Finally.

User avatar
letitloose
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby letitloose » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:03 pm

wisteria wrote:
letitloose wrote:RFR 11/20. UR 1/7.


+1. Finally.

Nice. Maybe the wait for a decision will be quicker than the wait to be reviewed?

jym_dawg
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jym_dawg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:08 pm

letitloose wrote:
wisteria wrote:
letitloose wrote:RFR 11/20. UR 1/7.


+1. Finally.

Nice. Maybe the wait for a decision will be quicker than the wait to be reviewed?


I wouldn't hold my breath. Unless you're PT, Duke is taking its sweet time. (RfR 11/14, UR 12/6, Decision ?)

User avatar
whosonfirst
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:48 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby whosonfirst » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:49 pm

jym_dawg wrote:
letitloose wrote:
wisteria wrote:
letitloose wrote:RFR 11/20. UR 1/7.


+1. Finally.

Nice. Maybe the wait for a decision will be quicker than the wait to be reviewed?


I wouldn't hold my breath. Unless you're PT, Duke is taking its sweet time. (RfR 11/14, UR 12/6, Decision ?)


Like every other T-14. Anyone else think this cycle is slower than previous ones?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby az21833 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 pm

file under review here

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bananapudding88 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:57 pm

How much longer should I expect to me stuck at "File complete; ready for review"? It's been 3 weeks.

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Teflon_Don » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:10 pm

I've been UR since 11/28, surprised Duke is taking this long

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby wisteria » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:25 pm

aiaea wrote:How much longer should I expect to me stuck at "File complete; ready for review"? It's been 3 weeks.


Took me 7 weeks.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sinfiery » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:12 pm

PR Update: Got offered to come interview at the Duke campus with Bill Hoye via email.

Might possibly take them up on it within the next few weeks depending upon how everything shapes out.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2016 Applicants Thread (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:14 pm

sinfiery wrote:PR Update: Got offered to come interview at the Duke campus with Bill Hoye via email.

Might possibly take them up on it within the next few weeks depending upon how everything shapes out.


Same.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], uhwrestler and 10 guests