NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:07 pm

I was browsing the Class of 2015 thread last night (don't judge), and people were still being admitted well into August :) There's still hope!

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby porch » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:08 am

.
Last edited by porch on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GoldHattedGatsby
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby GoldHattedGatsby » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Another Monday with no feeler calls... This does not please me.

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chadbrochill » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 pm

GoldHattedGatsby wrote:Another Monday with no feeler calls... This does not please me.


+1, not at all :x

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:25 pm

plz nyu

o0o0o0o
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby o0o0o0o » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:57 pm

chadbrochill wrote:
GoldHattedGatsby wrote:Another Monday with no feeler calls... This does not please me.


+1, not at all :x


One of my friends got a feeler call earlier this week (not sure if it was Monday or Tuesday). Just FYI

User avatar
GoldHattedGatsby
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby GoldHattedGatsby » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:54 pm

o0o0o0o wrote:
chadbrochill wrote:
GoldHattedGatsby wrote:Another Monday with no feeler calls... This does not please me.


+1, not at all :x


One of my friends got a feeler call earlier this week (not sure if it was Monday or Tuesday). Just FYI


Any idea what his or her stats were?

o0o0o0o
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby o0o0o0o » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:37 pm

GoldHattedGatsby wrote:
o0o0o0o wrote:
chadbrochill wrote:
GoldHattedGatsby wrote:Another Monday with no feeler calls... This does not please me.


+1, not at all :x


One of my friends got a feeler call earlier this week (not sure if it was Monday or Tuesday). Just FYI


Any idea what his or her stats were?


I think both #s around the 25s (not sure more specifically, sorry); standard/good WE

atomist
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:09 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby atomist » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:33 pm

I retook the LSAT this week in the hopes of getting off of the wait list, among others. However, a few schools have started rejecting applicants off their wait lists already. Is there anything I can do to encourage NYU not to reject me before they have a chance to look at my June scores come early July? A LOCI pleading 'hey, don't reject me just yet lulz,' perhaps? I'm under the impression that NYU has not historically rejected applicants off of the wait list before closing it in August though.

timmmck
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby timmmck » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker but I thought I'd post now since I have some relevant information to share.

I was admitted to NYU today off the WL and will be attending.

I got a feeler call a week ago (6/11) during which I was asked 1) do you still want to be on the waitlist, and 2) would anything deter you from accepting an offer of admission should you receive one. The person I spoke with (not Dean Kleinrock, I believe) said they were calling a small-ish pool of people to gauge interest, and anticipated that 20-40% of people would not want to stay on the waitlist (leading to more calls, maybe?).

Stats for those who are interested:

169, ~3.7
2 years highly relevant WE
Decent softs (language fluency, leadership positions, etc.)
Sent LOCI, updated resume after being waitlisted in late April

The timeline went:

Applicant confirmed on waitlist - 4/18
Sent LOCI/Updated Resume - 4/26
Feeler Call - 6/11
UR 1 - 6/16
UR 2 - 6/17
DLS/Log in to ASW - 6/18

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:04 pm

timmmck wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker but I thought I'd post now since I have some relevant information to share.

I was admitted to NYU today off the WL and will be attending.

I got a feeler call a week ago (6/11) during which I was asked 1) do you still want to be on the waitlist, and 2) would anything deter you from accepting an offer of admission should you receive one. The person I spoke with (not Dean Kleinrock, I believe) said they were calling a small-ish pool of people to gauge interest, and anticipated that 20-40% of people would not want to stay on the waitlist (leading to more calls, maybe?).

Stats for those who are interested:

169, ~3.7
2 years highly relevant WE
Decent softs (language fluency, leadership positions, etc.)
Sent LOCI, updated resume after being waitlisted in late April

The timeline went:

Applicant confirmed on waitlist - 4/18
Sent LOCI/Updated Resume - 4/26
Feeler Call - 6/11
UR 1 - 6/16
UR 2 - 6/17
DLS/Log in to ASW - 6/18

Thank you and congratulations.

mantunes
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby mantunes » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:15 pm

just got a feeler call. it was caught a bit off guard, since i am a teacher and was having a pizza party with my students and couldnt really leave the room. the person on the other end of the line asked if i was still interested, and i said i would accept if offered. he said they will call me back if they had more questions. not too sure how to read into this.

cobble495
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby cobble495 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:02 am

apologies in advance for stirring the paranoia pot: has anyone ever received a "feeler" call and did not receive admission?

mantunes
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby mantunes » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:20 pm

cobble495 wrote:apologies in advance for stirring the paranoia pot: has anyone ever received a "feeler" call and did not receive admission?


i would like to know too. this is making me nervous, especially since i have to do stuff for the school i already deposited at.

User avatar
GoldHattedGatsby
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby GoldHattedGatsby » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:39 pm

mantunes wrote:just got a feeler call. it was caught a bit off guard, since i am a teacher and was having a pizza party with my students and couldnt really leave the room. the person on the other end of the line asked if i was still interested, and i said i would accept if offered. he said they will call me back if they had more questions. not too sure how to read into this.



Mind posting your stats?

mantunes
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby mantunes » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:21 pm

169/3.6/Strong Softs. (teacher with tfa, which explains the previous post)

mantunes
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby mantunes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:30 pm

+1

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Tekrul » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:33 pm

mantunes wrote:+1


What is this enigma? Did you get a call back?

User avatar
GoldHattedGatsby
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby GoldHattedGatsby » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:40 am

Tekrul wrote:
mantunes wrote:+1


What is this enigma? Did you get a call back?


+ 1

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chadbrochill » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:50 pm

For those who are still waiting, how much longer before you move forward with other plans?
Last edited by chadbrochill on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mantunes
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby mantunes » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:18 pm

Tekrul wrote:
mantunes wrote:+1


What is this enigma? Did you get a call back?


i only got a call saying that i got in and that the package was on its way.

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Tekrul » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:49 pm

mantunes wrote:
Tekrul wrote:
mantunes wrote:+1


What is this enigma? Did you get a call back?


i only got a call saying that i got in and that the package was on its way.


congrats man! +1 did not convey it well lol.

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby shakespeare » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Just withdrew my seat.

I think a few other Harvard admits from the past day or two were also planning to go to NYU, so that may open up a few seats. Good luck all!

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby uconjak » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:23 pm

chadbrochill wrote:For those who are still waiting, how much longer before you move forward with other plans?


you can only put up with the BS and waiting so long before it drives you nuts. Everyone is different. I decide a couple of weeks ago I am not going to drag my feet. Went to UCLA's Accepted Students Reception. Liked what I saw and heard, put down my deposit, found an awesome appartment, put deposit and signed lease. so I guess I made my decision. I would love NYU or Columbia. but I dont' think it is in the cards as of today. I talked a friend who will be a 3L next year at UCLA. he told me they lost several of the top 5% of the class after his 1L year. they took a transfers to other Higher Ranked schools w/money to go there. several made HLS, YLS and SLS. I was also told that if you are in that top tier to keep you at UCLA they threw some extra money at you. like full tuition for the last 2 years.

at least that is what i heard.

nextstep222
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby nextstep222 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:37 pm

hey, folks -- what's the precedent for people getting feeler calls and then getting accepted? I got a feeler call today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”