NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chadbrochill » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:41 am

GoldHattedGatsby wrote:Did you compile those stats by hand from LSN?

Also, love the username. It's quite apropos considering Donald Glover & co. created that video while at NYU!


No way! It's destiny!

So I found the admit/deny/WL by just inputting 2.0-4.3 gpa and 120-180 LSAT into the LSN.info site, hand counted the WL-admits after arranging by decision. Not scientific but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Also difficult to tell the dates of WL-admits but it seems like there's movement after the late-April seat deposit deadline. I'll probably investigate tomorrow :)

rosietheriveter
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:40 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby rosietheriveter » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 am

Just asked this on the Columbia thread as well, but wondering the same thing for NYU. WL'ed yesterday and would like to send an additional LOR from current employer. Can't find anything in the WL email or info sheet about how to submit such recommendations. Has anyone asked them about this? Through LSAC and by email? Through LSAC and snail mail? Only through LSAC?

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 am

rosietheriveter wrote:Just asked this on the Columbia thread as well, but wondering the same thing for NYU. WL'ed yesterday and would like to send an additional LOR from current employer. Can't find anything in the WL email or info sheet about how to submit such recommendations. Has anyone asked them about this? Through LSAC and by email? Through LSAC and snail mail? Only through LSAC?

Have recommender send it by email to the school. Then perhaps have it sent to LSAC to be on file. Using LSAC for the whole process would take too much precious time.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby KanyeShrug » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:59 am

toothbrush wrote:
rosietheriveter wrote:Just asked this on the Columbia thread as well, but wondering the same thing for NYU. WL'ed yesterday and would like to send an additional LOR from current employer. Can't find anything in the WL email or info sheet about how to submit such recommendations. Has anyone asked them about this? Through LSAC and by email? Through LSAC and snail mail? Only through LSAC?

Have recommender send it by email to the school. Then perhaps have it sent to LSAC to be on file. Using LSAC for the whole process would take too much precious time.


I did the same exact thing. I emailed the letter in a Word doc along with a scanned copy of the letter as signed by the recommender to each of the schools. I also had him officially send in the letter through LSAC via email/electronic signature or whatever.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Some recommenders won't let you email it yourself (it looks bad) so I just gave mine the email and my full name / lsac # to include in email / on the letter.

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Jaqen » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:52 pm

chadbrochill wrote:Wow, so I'm not big on comparing direct #'s of last year to this year given the "historic" drop in applicants, but the LSN results were interesting.

Last year:
Admitted: 341
Denied: 108
WL: 98
WL-admits: 30

This year:
Admitted: 318
Denied: 105
WL:65
WL-admits:??

I figured they were utilizing WL super heavily this year since the only people they've let in the past 4 months have been mostly superstars. The number admitted hasn't been that different, especially considering they might want to cut class size. Not sure what any of this means given LSN is self-reported but just throwing it out there for you guys.


Thanks for this.

rmp
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby rmp » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:33 pm

chadbrochill wrote:Wow, so I'm not big on comparing direct #'s of last year to this year given the "historic" drop in applicants, but the LSN results were interesting.

Last year:
Admitted: 341
Denied: 108
WL: 98
WL-admits: 30

This year:
Admitted: 318
Denied: 105
WL:65
WL-admits:??

I figured they were utilizing WL super heavily this year since the only people they've let in the past 4 months have been mostly superstars. The number admitted hasn't been that different, especially considering they might want to cut class size. Not sure what any of this means given LSN is self-reported but just throwing it out there for you guys.


thanks! i copied this (and referenced your username) onto the nyu waitlist thread also.

nodame
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby nodame » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:30 am

just to make sure, is 5/3 the last day i can pay my deposit?
i just saw on nyu fb group that for some people the deadline is 4/22, so i was just super confused.
do different people have different deadlines or am i missing something super important?

swordking90
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby swordking90 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:32 am

I think the 4/22 deadline is for admitted students who had been offered scholarships. If you have not been offered a merit scholarship, the deadline is 5/3.

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Gisney » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:39 am

Withdrawing.

Good luck waitlisters!

BalanceCare
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BalanceCare » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:50 pm

Wormfather wrote:Just withdrew, good luck to everyone hoping for a spot.

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Audeamus » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck to those waiting to hear!

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby uconjak » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Well friday night I got the Email that I was W/L'ed....good luck everyone.

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Tekrul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 pm

As a copy of what's going on at CLS c/o, who's got the dirty on go-to places to eat, hang out, drink for NYU?

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Does anyone know how to withdraw from NYU? The other schools I applied to made it super easy, but I couldn't find the link on the admissions portal...

User avatar
MyNameIsFlynn!
Posts: 785
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby MyNameIsFlynn! » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 pm

^I emailed the general admissions account with one sentence. They acknowledged it pretty quickly.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:16 pm

Even easier than links on portals, just email them a meme. They're NYU, they like that kind of quirky stuff.

Image

User avatar
hohenheim
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby hohenheim » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:29 am

Just as an update to people making finaid appeals:

90k at Mich and 75k at UVA convinced them to offer me...nothing.

This means I'm probably checking out soon, :( Have fun in the village everyone!

heybobo
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby heybobo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 pm

For those that got a deposit extension until 4/26, and still have no word from Columbia on financial aid, any thoughts on how you are going to proceed?

EdSaid
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby EdSaid » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:07 am

I was able to use my 120k from Duke to get NYU to go from 75k to 87.5k (105k if PI summer 2L job). However, I'm still withdrawing for a variety of reasons, so hopefully one of you will get that money.

User avatar
beepboopbeep
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby beepboopbeep » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Just withdrew. Hope my $ goes to one of you lovelies.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Just withdrew my 35k a year. Good luck everyone!

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chadbrochill » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:49 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Just withdrew my 35k a year. Good luck everyone!


UVA it is?

Congrats man!

User avatar
Tekrul
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Tekrul » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Maybe I should appeal my award with just the phrase, "come onnnn, I know you got it, stop holding out on me" in the wake of people putting some money back in the pot.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Tekrul wrote:Maybe I should appeal my award with just the phrase, "come onnnn, I know you got it, stop holding out on me" in the wake of people putting some money back in the pot.


Try asking for ph's $50k? Maybe use the phrase: "You know she would want me to have it."




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”