NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:49 pm

dummy1 wrote:Long time lurker, accepted thru alumni phone call to father (llm) on 3/19 w UR4 the same day, officially dls and phone call to me on 3/21. UR3 on 3/13 after silence since 1/23

3.51/173


Congrats dude

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby porch » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Based on past years, waitlists will be coming this week... Been waiting since 12/12 for this! =|

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:20 pm

porch wrote:Based on past years, waitlists will be coming this week... Been waiting since 12/12 for this! =|


Please...

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:21 pm

It's finally time for my 5+ months of silence to come to an end. I am excite.

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby amsong » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:34 pm

What are the chances a second LOCI could stave off a waitlist? (In a good way, I mean. I would hope no LOCI could be so bad as to garner an immediate rejection...)

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Crowing wrote:It's finally time for my 5+ months of silence to come to an end. I am excite.


I'm sure you'll be fine :)

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby TripTrip » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:30 pm

amsong wrote:I would hope no LOCI could be so bad as to garner an immediate rejection


Dear NYU:

I am writing to express my continued interest in your pathetic school.

You're my safety,

Applicant

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby longlivetheking » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:46 pm

keep hopes up guys. summer melt down hasn't even begun yet.

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby amsong » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:23 pm

TripTrip wrote:
amsong wrote:I would hope no LOCI could be so bad as to garner an immediate rejection


Dear NYU:

I am writing to express my continued interest in your pathetic school.

You're my safety,

Applicant


:lol:

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby DaRascal » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 am

Any hope this late in the cycle for a URM with weak numbers who submitted an early app or is it all gloom and doom from here on out? You can be honest with me.... :(

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BigZuck » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:40 am

DaRascal wrote:Any hope this late in the cycle for a URM with weak numbers who submitted an early app or is it all gloom and doom from here on out? You can be honest with me.... :(


I don't think it's looking good for any early completers at this point.

WAITLIST LOOMS

User avatar
TorturedApplicant
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby TorturedApplicant » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:46 am

I'm UCR1 3/13. How many reviewers read each app before a decision is made? From what I've gathered on the feed, the number is at least 3. Is this always the case?

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Audeamus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 am

TorturedApplicant wrote:I'm UCR1 3/13. How many reviewers read each app before a decision is made? From what I've gathered on the feed, the number is at least 3. Is this always the case?


varies. I'm not sure what the min. updates are for ding/WL, but there can be as few as one UR date before an acceptance.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby DaRascal » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:50 am

BigZuck wrote:
DaRascal wrote:Any hope this late in the cycle for a URM with weak numbers who submitted an early app or is it all gloom and doom from here on out? You can be honest with me.... :(


I don't think it's looking good for any early completers at this point.

WAITLIST LOOMS


Ahhhh figured.... Eh that's not too bad I guess. :P

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bananapudding88 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:53 pm

FIANCE WENT DLS!!!!!!!!!!

UR1- 1/3
UR2- 1/14
UR3- 3/21

Really hoping he gets this!! 3.83/168/Ivy/Non URM

OscarVeal
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby OscarVeal » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Anyone else go UR3 today? MY UR2 was 12/13, and UR1 was probably 11/4 or something like that.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:06 pm

aiaea wrote:FIANCE WENT DLS!!!!!!!!!!

UR1- 1/3
UR2- 1/14
UR3- 3/21

Really hoping he gets this!! 3.83/168/Ivy/Non URM

Please let me know how he does..

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bananapudding88 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:08 pm

toothbrush wrote:Please let me know how he does..


Will do! No ding letter yet (which is a good sign since mine came exactly .1 second after going DLS :D ). But cant access the ASW yet... Stay tuned

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Big Dog » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:11 pm

good luck to him.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Big Dog wrote:good luck to him.


+1, best wishes and good luck!

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bananapudding88 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Big Dog wrote:good luck to him.


Thank you!! This is so nerve-wracking, as trying to coordinate our cycles has been really tough.

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Gisney » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:35 pm

DLS today as well.

I know rejects are by email but do we know how they do waitlist?

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:18 pm

The Class of 2016 thread is a little dull, so I apologize to those waiting for posting this year --I just got a nice offer from Cornell ($35K vs. $15k at NYU). I already submitted my NYU appeal on 3/14. Is it worth updating my appeal with the Cornell offer?

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:38 pm

ph5354a wrote:The Class of 2016 thread is a little dull, so I apologize to those waiting for posting this year --I just got a nice offer from Cornell ($35K vs. $15k at NYU). I already submitted my NYU appeal on 3/14. Is it worth updating my appeal with the Cornell offer?


Congrats on Cornell offer -- let me know if NYU responds, I'm debating how to negotiate with them.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Still UR 3/15. Just hoping for a waitlist at this point. :|




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests