NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby longlivetheking » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:38 am

man i would love to believe so. but i think we have seen solid evidence from tls that softs do matter. as in, if u have literally very very few softs, it would hurt even if you are solid on numbers.

its so easy to just chalk everything to yp and c&f just to make yourself sleep easier at night.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby elterrible78 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:57 am

longlivetheking wrote:man i would love to believe so. but i think we have seen solid evidence from tls that softs do matter. as in, if u have literally very very few softs, it would hurt even if you are solid on numbers.

its so easy to just chalk everything to yp and c&f just to make yourself sleep easier at night.


Softs matter more than people on TLS think. Not nearly as much as numbers, but there's a tendency on this site to really underestimate them.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Micdiddy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:00 am

elterrible78 wrote:
longlivetheking wrote:man i would love to believe so. but i think we have seen solid evidence from tls that softs do matter. as in, if u have literally very very few softs, it would hurt even if you are solid on numbers.

its so easy to just chalk everything to yp and c&f just to make yourself sleep easier at night.


Softs matter more than people on TLS think. Not nearly as much as numbers, but there's a tendency on this site to really underestimate them.


I agree, softs do matter, never said they didn't. With that said, longlivetheking, I think yp or c&f is way more likely to explain his situation than bad softs. Tell you what, if he doesn't get into yhs or cc then I will admit it's probably not yp. If he does, than that's surely evidence his softs must either be fine, or some schools just don't care much about softs :)

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby elterrible78 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:03 am

Micdiddy wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
longlivetheking wrote:man i would love to believe so. but i think we have seen solid evidence from tls that softs do matter. as in, if u have literally very very few softs, it would hurt even if you are solid on numbers.

its so easy to just chalk everything to yp and c&f just to make yourself sleep easier at night.


Softs matter more than people on TLS think. Not nearly as much as numbers, but there's a tendency on this site to really underestimate them.


I agree, softs do matter, never said they didn't. With that said, longlivetheking, I think yp or c&f is way more likely to explain his situation than bad softs. Tell you what, if he doesn't get into yhs or cc then I will admit it's probably not yp. If he does, than that's surely evidence his softs must either be fine, or some schools just don't care much about softs :)


Just reiterating what longlivetheking said. Jesus, do you have to chase me around all the threads trying to pick fights??

User avatar
drummerboi
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:33 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby drummerboi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:31 am

Just wanted to say, got a RTK interview invite yesterday.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:09 am

elterrible78 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
longlivetheking wrote:man i would love to believe so. but i think we have seen solid evidence from tls that softs do matter. as in, if u have literally very very few softs, it would hurt even if you are solid on numbers.

its so easy to just chalk everything to yp and c&f just to make yourself sleep easier at night.


Softs matter more than people on TLS think. Not nearly as much as numbers, but there's a tendency on this site to really underestimate them.


I agree, softs do matter, never said they didn't. With that said, longlivetheking, I think yp or c&f is way more likely to explain his situation than bad softs. Tell you what, if he doesn't get into yhs or cc then I will admit it's probably not yp. If he does, than that's surely evidence his softs must either be fine, or some schools just don't care much about softs :)


Just reiterating what longlivetheking said. Jesus, do you have to chase me around all the threads trying to pick fights??
:D

lmsf
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lmsf » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:05 pm

What's NYU's stance on LOCIs, if any? I applied in late Jan. and am UR since early March. I didn't do a Why NYU essay so I was thinking about sending a LOCI on why I want to attend NYU but I'm wondering if that'll be received negatively since I've only been waiting since late January and/or if sending an additional item would put my application at the back of the line, if there is such a thing. Any insight?

BigZuck
Posts: 10854
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BigZuck » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:39 pm

lmsf wrote:What's NYU's stance on LOCIs, if any? I applied in late Jan. and am UR since early March. I didn't do a Why NYU essay so I was thinking about sending a LOCI on why I want to attend NYU but I'm wondering if that'll be received negatively since I've only been waiting since late January and/or if sending an additional item would put my application at the back of the line, if there is such a thing. Any insight?


Your numbers will get you in, not your LOCI. Also UR since early March is like no time at all.

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby longlivetheking » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:41 pm

i dunno man. a 3.2 lsac gpa would force her to go on waitlist.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby TripTrip » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 am

Micdiddy wrote:
longlivetheking wrote:there's no such thing as yp for nyu.


Then that guy had serious c&f issues.

Negative on the C&F issues. One dismissed traffic ticket; that's it.

Micdiddy wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
longlivetheking wrote:man i would love to believe so. but i think we have seen solid evidence from tls that softs do matter. as in, if u have literally very very few softs, it would hurt even if you are solid on numbers.

its so easy to just chalk everything to yp and c&f just to make yourself sleep easier at night.


Softs matter more than people on TLS think. Not nearly as much as numbers, but there's a tendency on this site to really underestimate them.


I agree, softs do matter, never said they didn't. With that said, longlivetheking, I think yp or c&f is way more likely to explain his situation than bad softs. Tell you what, if he doesn't get into yhs or cc then I will admit it's probably not yp. If he does, than that's surely evidence his softs must either be fine, or some schools just don't care much about softs :)

Strong softs. Army Intel and three years full-time work experience which got me an easy place at NU. My LORs are shining (I read one and it's ridiculously over the top, the other is from the prof that has been advising me through the application process).

And so far I am not in at any of HYSCC. Held at Columbia, actually.

I'm open to any theories which do not involve numbers, YP, softs, C&F, or LOR crucifixions. :P

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby wert3813 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 am

TripTrip wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
longlivetheking wrote:there's no such thing as yp for nyu.


Then that guy had serious c&f issues.

Negative on the C&F issues. One dismissed traffic ticket; that's it.

Micdiddy wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
longlivetheking wrote:man i would love to believe so. but i think we have seen solid evidence from tls that softs do matter. as in, if u have literally very very few softs, it would hurt even if you are solid on numbers.

its so easy to just chalk everything to yp and c&f just to make yourself sleep easier at night.


Softs matter more than people on TLS think. Not nearly as much as numbers, but there's a tendency on this site to really underestimate them.


I agree, softs do matter, never said they didn't. With that said, longlivetheking, I think yp or c&f is way more likely to explain his situation than bad softs. Tell you what, if he doesn't get into yhs or cc then I will admit it's probably not yp. If he does, than that's surely evidence his softs must either be fine, or some schools just don't care much about softs :)

Strong softs. Army Intel and three years full-time work experience which got me an easy place at NU. My LORs are shining (I read one and it's ridiculously over the top, the other is from the prof that has been advising me through the application process).

And so far I am not in at any of HYSCC. Held at Columbia, actually.

I'm open to any theories which do not involve numbers, YP, softs, C&F, or LOR crucifixions. :P


Trip,

I'll confess that I spend time wondering what happened to your cycle while not on TLS. Like during real life. I wonder if you are a terrible writer (4.0 175 so unlikely), wrote your PS about a really controversial subject, C & F (you said no), or a nasty LOR (like not a "blah" one, but one that says nasty stuff). There is just no way 4.0; 175; Army and SGA President should be playing out like it is. If it is none of that all I can figure is heavy YP from Penn down (makes some sense 4.0 175 + Army screams HYS) and general slowness from YS & UC. But I have no explanation for the lack of JS1, the Columbia hold (are you so good that even Columbia figures you'll go to HYS?), and the lack of NYU action (are you so good that even NYU figures you'll go to HYS?).

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Micdiddy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:53 pm

With that application Yale might even yp you.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby jbagelboy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:12 pm

TripTrip wrote:
I'm open to any theories which do not involve numbers, YP, softs, C&F, or LOR crucifixions. :P


Vanity. the Clooney picture speaks wonders to admins.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby jbagelboy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:22 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Held at Columbia, actually.



The held hype is overblown. Held means either they weren't sure if they would need to reach low enough for your numbers, or they haven't gotten to your application yet, and they wanted to let you know they haven't forgotten you applied. admits fuck up too. could be an alphabetical process, a binary one, or some other random formation.

trip, don't dismiss YP at duke/UVA/penn. you are perfect example of that phenomenon.

wait for asha to call. if your stats are accurate, have fun in new haven

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby TripTrip » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:40 pm

wert3813 wrote:I'll confess that I spend time wondering what happened to your cycle while not on TLS. Like during real life. I wonder if you are a terrible writer (4.0 175 so unlikely), wrote your PS about a really controversial subject, C & F (you said no), or a nasty LOR (like not a "blah" one, but one that says nasty stuff). There is just no way 4.0; 175; Army and SGA President should be playing out like it is.

I appreciate the support, wert, and I agree... if anyone else told me that this was their cycle, I'd think they were lying. I had four different TLSers and a prof look over my PS and you looked at my resume. The two weakest parts of my application are that I retook a 168 for that 175 (which might preclude Yale) and that I'm not actually out of UG yet, which makes my transcript look very strange.

If my cycle keeps up, I might send someone here a PDF of my transmitted applications. Maybe I forgot to check the box that says "I want to go to law school." :)

quantum_leaps
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:35 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby quantum_leaps » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:54 pm

99% chance I will be on the waitlist with my stats, come April. Just sent in a LOCI, 1% chance it will change their minds for the better. A fella can (also) dream right.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:57 pm

quantum_leaps wrote:99% chance I will be on the waitlist with my stats, come April. Just sent in a LOCI, 1% chance it will change their minds for the better. A fella can (also) dream right.


Same :(

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby amsong » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:09 pm

Dum dee dum dee dum...

User avatar
jvincent11
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby jvincent11 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Dinged today. Thought I would be wait listed. 168 3.9+ Good luck to everyone waiting

freakorist
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby freakorist » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:09 pm

jvincent11 wrote:Dinged today. Thought I would be wait listed. 168 3.9+ Good luck to everyone waiting


Sorry man, i'm just waiting for that fateful day. Best of luck!

User avatar
uconjak
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby uconjak » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:18 pm

jvincent11 wrote:Dinged today. Thought I would be wait listed. 168 3.9+ Good luck to everyone waiting



HOLLY CRAP batman, your numbers are better than mine, I haven't got rejected yet. I figured i was a almost auto reject. I have the feeling a reject be a coming.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:42 pm

jvincent11 wrote:Dinged today. Thought I would be wait listed. 168 3.9+ Good luck to everyone waiting

this is sad. there were a few admits with your numbers early in the cycle. when did you apply? what were your UR dates ?

User avatar
jvincent11
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby jvincent11 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:46 pm

uconjak wrote:
jvincent11 wrote:Dinged today. Thought I would be wait listed. 168 3.9+ Good luck to everyone waiting



HOLLY CRAP batman, your numbers are better than mine, I haven't got rejected yet. I figured i was a almost auto reject. I have the feeling a reject be a coming.


You never know. I've heard law school admissions are kind of a crap shoot. I'm from the NY/NJ area and I applied late so I imagine both of those things hurt me in addition to below median LSAT

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:56 pm

has NYU wait listed anyone yet ? do they WL ? do they pull from it ? http://myLSN.info/ccnbia

User avatar
hohenheim
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby hohenheim » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:01 pm

toothbrush wrote:has NYU wait listed anyone yet ? do they WL ? do they pull from it ? http://myLSN.info/ccnbia


Look in the OP and you'll see a big yellow spike at the beginning of April.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests