NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 04102014 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Still stuck at 1/3/2013. Fucking silly.

imcool19
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby imcool19 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Dinged. Had a 172/3.77.
:cry:

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby francesfarmer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:35 pm

imcool19 wrote:Dinged. Had a 172/3.77.
:cry:

Oh man, that is rough.

When did you apply????

C&F issues?

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby DaRascal » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Hmmmm... haven't heard anything in a while. Last update was 1/18... I think that was my 3rd update.

Ezooo0
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Ezooo0 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Is it fair to say that if we've heard nothing about RTK at this point then we're definitely, definitely out of the running? I know someone said last week they'd heard from admissions that practically all the offers were out already - and that was last week. I am much in need of some closure.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Ezooo0 wrote:Is it fair to say that if we've heard nothing about RTK at this point then we're definitely, definitely out of the running? I know someone said last week they'd heard from admissions that practically all the offers were out already - and that was last week. I am much in need of some closure.

+1

Just make it end, NYU.

And in the mean time, please don't send me any more emails with the word "Scholarships" in the subject line if it's not about RTK or financial aid.

Valera
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Valera » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:23 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:
badams91 wrote:anybody elses status checker UR update today? mine changed, had been sitting at 12/26 before


Had you had any other updates before then?


Still sitting at 12/26. NYU's sharpening the blade with my name on it.


12/21... *knife sharpening noise continues.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:23 pm

02889 wrote:And in the mean time, please don't send me any more emails with the word "Scholarships" in the subject line if it's not about RTK or financial aid.


I hope you didn't just receive the NYLS email.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:26 pm

imcool19 wrote:Dinged. Had a 172/3.77.
:cry:


:( :( :( this doesn't give a lot of hope

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:30 pm

ph5354a wrote:
02889 wrote:And in the mean time, please don't send me any more emails with the word "Scholarships" in the subject line if it's not about RTK or financial aid.


I hope you didn't just receive the NYLS email.

No, I missed that one fortunately. This was "Law Preview Scholarships for Incoming NYU Law Students" for a pre-law course or something. I deleted it immediately out of anger that it wasn't an actual scholarship notification.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 06102016 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:34 pm

..

BigZuck
Posts: 10875
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BigZuck » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:38 pm

slack_academic wrote:Still stuck at my November under review status.
Not dinged.
Don't even care anymore.


Oh so very much this.

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby porch » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Omnivalc wrote:I got a UR 3 today after being stuck at 12/12. WTF


Good luck!
Im still stuck at 12/12. I got left behind you =/

Good thing I'm over NYU. (Wish i meant it)

YLSer2000
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby YLSer2000 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:56 pm

deleted

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby PRgradBYU » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:33 pm

YLSer2000 wrote:Hello All,

A friend and I are trying to gather data on admissions at top law schools. If you wouldn't mind taking a few minutes (shouldn't be more than 15) to take our survey, it would be extremely helpful. The link is below.

Thanks so much!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1g4je62 ... E/viewform


GTFO, bro.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Cobretti » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:12 pm

LRGhost wrote:
imcool19 wrote:Dinged. Had a 172/3.77.
:cry:


:( :( :( this doesn't give a lot of hope

LR are you UR2 2/25 too?

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:38 pm

mrizza wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
imcool19 wrote:Dinged. Had a 172/3.77.
:cry:


:( :( :( this doesn't give a lot of hope

LR are you UR2 2/25 too?


You know it.

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby longlivetheking » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 pm

imcool19 wrote:Dinged. Had a 172/3.77.
:cry:


this scares the fuck out of me.

gfd973
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby gfd973 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:41 am

longlivetheking wrote:
imcool19 wrote:Dinged. Had a 172/3.77.
:cry:


this scares the fuck out of me.


178/3.42/applied the day before the application was due and was accepted within ten days. This cycle is fucking wacky.
Last edited by gfd973 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
you'rethemannowdawg
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby you'rethemannowdawg » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 am

LRGhost wrote:
mrizza wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
imcool19 wrote:Dinged. Had a 172/3.77.
:cry:


:( :( :( this doesn't give a lot of hope

LR are you UR2 2/25 too?


You know it.


Good morning, brothers.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby comeonletsgo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 am

you'rethemannowdawg wrote:Good morning, brothers.


Amazing username.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:19 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
imcool19 wrote:Dinged. Had a 172/3.77.
:cry:

Oh man, that is rough.

When did you apply????

C&F issues?

this ..

also, last years acceptance chart on p1 itt shows that there were ~10 acceptances for march and then silence afterwards

is that how this month played out.. silence inc ?

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby francesfarmer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:23 pm

toothbrush wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:
imcool19 wrote:Dinged. Had a 172/3.77.
:cry:

Oh man, that is rough.

When did you apply????

C&F issues?

this ..

also, last years acceptance chart on p1 itt shows that there were ~10 acceptances for march and then silence afterwards

is that how this month played out.. silence inc ?

Kill me. I need to hear from this goddam school so I can decide whether I'm going to stick around at my job for another year or not.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:37 pm

I wonder how many people each year have just withdrawn out of spite for this ridiculously annoying NYU admissions process.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 04102014 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:38 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:I wonder how many people each year have just withdrawn out of spite for this ridiculously annoying NYU admissions process.


I just did, so you can count me in on this.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”