NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:19 am

mrizza wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
spyke123 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.


mine updated today. maybe we will go DLS tmr??


Comfortable sharing GPA range? I know that mrizza, the other person who updated yesterday, and I have similar LSAT scores and comparable GPAs. Not expecting DLS but I'm just hoping to dodge a ding. :/ Thinking about even writing a LOCI just reiterating some of the points I made in my Why NYU and shit.

I got into NU on a big splitter wave. Maybe NYU just had a "oh shit we won't be maintaining medians" moment?

Also, spyke listing his LSAT and no GPA is classic splitter, safe to assume he's one of us


He's not a splitter.

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby spyke123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:23 am

sorry, my gpa is 3.8

User avatar
ramadden13
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:45 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ramadden13 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:26 am

LRGhost wrote:
spyke123 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.


mine updated today. maybe we will go DLS tmr??


Comfortable sharing GPA range? I know that mrizza, the other person who updated yesterday, and I have similar LSAT scores and comparable GPAs. Not expecting DLS but I'm just hoping to dodge a ding. :/ Thinking about even writing a LOCI just reiterating some of the points I made in my Why NYU and shit.


I got the UR2 update too. Complete 1/11 and 168/3.67, so not a splitter (just mediocre)

User avatar
you'rethemannowdawg
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby you'rethemannowdawg » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 am

3.25/177 here. Also had a status change 2/25. I'm bracing for WL.

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:35 am

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:If you're using a mac or linux and want to access the status checker (or LSAC) but cannot try this:

open up a terminal and type: sudo nano /etc/hosts

move to the end of the file (just press the down button) then paste the following:

64.9.4.155 lsac.org
64.9.4.141 aces2.lsac.org


Press ctrl+o, then return/enter, then ctrl+x.

Wah lah!

(note you may have to remove this later - it's simple to do, just run the same command, "sudo nano /etc/hosts", then delete those last two lines, then press ctrl+o then ctrl+x).

For you windows users, can't help ya, sorry.


Wowww!! After googling what a terminal was and realizing that you actually do mean control not the apple button (RC fail), this worked! Thanks!!

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:36 am

I don't think a 2nd UR necessarily means a decision is imminent. I'm a splitter who had my 2nd UR on 10/16 and haven't heard anything since (and presumably won't until early April mass WLs).

labellavita688
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby labellavita688 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:16 am

Any advice on how to fix the status checker using Chrome on Windows?

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby KanyeShrug » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:37 am

Crowing wrote:I don't think a 2nd UR necessarily means a decision is imminent. I'm a splitter who had my 2nd UR on 10/16 and haven't heard anything since (and presumably won't until early April mass WLs).



That tar... :lol:

TheFalcon
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:57 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby TheFalcon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:59 am

Got in on Thursday (2/21) - UChicago A.B. 2011, 3.78/169. Very happy.

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bluecouch » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:37 am

TheFalcon wrote:Got in on Thursday (2/21) - UChicago A.B. 2011, 3.78/169. Very happy.


Congrats! Join us at the class thread http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=199600&start=50000

BigZuck
Posts: 10872
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BigZuck » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:32 pm

TheFalcon wrote:Got in on Thursday (2/21) - UChicago A.B. 2011, 3.78/169. Very happy.


Son of a...ok NYU, lets stop playing games and start accepting the people you know you're going to need in the long run.

Oh, and congrats!

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby longlivetheking » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:00 pm

wow is nyu now switching focus away from splitters to reverse splitters?

aka learning from chicago, putting less emphasis on lsat and getting the high gpa's?

sc-123
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby sc-123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:06 pm

longlivetheking wrote:wow is nyu now switching focus away from splitters to reverse splitters?

aka learning from chicago, putting less emphasis on lsat and getting the high gpa's?


God I hope not. Reverse-splitters last week, traditional splitters this week? pls?

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby longlivetheking » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:14 pm

has francesfarmer got in yet? he's the typical splitter.

i'm just looking at the recent admits and it seems like they're digging deeper into the 169/168 but above median GPA pool. signs that median is dropping below 171 this year?

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Does anyone know how many RTK applicants are offered an interview, and what the soft numbers cutoff is for interviewees?

My guess is they interview around 50 people for the 20 scholarships, and these mostly go to people with 172+/3.8+ plus impressive resumes? Anyone have a better sense of things?

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby vincanity1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:13 pm

02889 wrote:Does anyone know how many RTK applicants are offered an interview, and what the soft numbers cutoff is for interviewees?

My guess is they interview around 50 people for the 20 scholarships, and these mostly go to people with 172+/3.8+ plus impressive resumes? Anyone have a better sense of things?


If I remember correctly, 60 are interviewed for RTK. Also, as unlikely as it sounds, I don't think numbers play a role

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby risa » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm

02889 wrote:Does anyone know how many RTK applicants are offered an interview, and what the soft numbers cutoff is for interviewees?

My guess is they interview around 50 people for the 20 scholarships, and these mostly go to people with 172+/3.8+ plus impressive resumes? Anyone have a better sense of things?

I don't know how many get interviews but if I remember correctly from some previous LSN stalking/research, it seemed like most of the folks who got full scholarships to NYU (so not necessarily all RTKs but I figured RTK recipients are amongst those) were in low 170s. I don't remember seeing a ton of super-high 170s actually. I don't have time to go look at LSN again now but that's my recollection, because I remember thinking fuck, if I'd gotten 2-3 more points on the LSAT I'd be right in the range.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:19 pm

vincanity1 wrote:
02889 wrote:Does anyone know how many RTK applicants are offered an interview, and what the soft numbers cutoff is for interviewees?

My guess is they interview around 50 people for the 20 scholarships, and these mostly go to people with 172+/3.8+ plus impressive resumes? Anyone have a better sense of things?


If I remember correctly, 60 are interviewed for RTK. Also, as unlikely as it sounds, I don't think numbers play a role

Thanks for answering! I'm now going to just assume the bolded is true, and I'll pretend that in some way improves the odds that I'll be one of the 60 interviewees out of 1,800 accepted applicants. A BOY CAN DREAM.

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby risa » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:19 pm

02889 wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:
02889 wrote:Does anyone know how many RTK applicants are offered an interview, and what the soft numbers cutoff is for interviewees?

My guess is they interview around 50 people for the 20 scholarships, and these mostly go to people with 172+/3.8+ plus impressive resumes? Anyone have a better sense of things?


If I remember correctly, 60 are interviewed for RTK. Also, as unlikely as it sounds, I don't think numbers play a role

Thanks for answering! I'm now going to just assume the bolded is true, and I'll pretend that in some way improves the odds that I'll be one of the 60 interviewees out of 1,800 accepted applicants. A BOY CAN DREAM.

They get 1800 RTK applicants?!

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:21 pm

risa wrote:
02889 wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:
02889 wrote:Does anyone know how many RTK applicants are offered an interview, and what the soft numbers cutoff is for interviewees?

My guess is they interview around 50 people for the 20 scholarships, and these mostly go to people with 172+/3.8+ plus impressive resumes? Anyone have a better sense of things?


If I remember correctly, 60 are interviewed for RTK. Also, as unlikely as it sounds, I don't think numbers play a role

Thanks for answering! I'm now going to just assume the bolded is true, and I'll pretend that in some way improves the odds that I'll be one of the 60 interviewees out of 1,800 accepted applicants. A BOY CAN DREAM.

They get 1800 RTK applicants?!

Oh, good point. I was thinking everyone accepted, but I forgot you had to apply first. I wonder how many people apply for RTK! Hopefully it's exactly 60 and we all get interviews. That's reasonable, right?!

Trogdorburninator
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Trogdorburninator » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:26 pm

I applied, and when I called the financial aid office today they told me they couldn't tell me anything because I was still being considered for the RTK.

INTERVIEWS FOR US ALL!

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby francesfarmer » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:27 pm

longlivetheking wrote:has francesfarmer got in yet? he's the typical splitter.

i'm just looking at the recent admits and it seems like they're digging deeper into the 169/168 but above median GPA pool. signs that median is dropping below 171 this year?

Nope. Held at Columbia though, which I am celebrating.

Edit: also I'm a lady

Edit #2: all you RTK interviewees are making me think I should have gotten my shit together to apply for AnBryce

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:42 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
longlivetheking wrote:has francesfarmer got in yet? he's the typical splitter.

i'm just looking at the recent admits and it seems like they're digging deeper into the 169/168 but above median GPA pool. signs that median is dropping below 171 this year?

Nope. Held at Columbia though, which I am celebrating.

Edit: also I'm a lady

Edit #2: all you RTK interviewees are making me think I should have gotten my shit together to apply for AnBryce

Calling me an interviewee is super premature and kind of lol-worthy BUT I LIKE IT.

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby megagnarley » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:47 pm

you'rethemannowdawg wrote:3.25/177 here. Also had a status change 2/25. I'm bracing for WL.


Don't brace. It gets tiring. Join the ranks of resignation.

User avatar
facile princeps
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby facile princeps » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:21 pm

vincanity1 wrote:
02889 wrote:Does anyone know how many RTK applicants are offered an interview, and what the soft numbers cutoff is for interviewees?

My guess is they interview around 50 people for the 20 scholarships, and these mostly go to people with 172+/3.8+ plus impressive resumes? Anyone have a better sense of things?


If I remember correctly, 60 are interviewed for RTK. Also, as unlikely as it sounds, I don't think numbers play a role

Hey vincanity, please tell me you think this is true for the AnBryce as well. I need a reason to dream.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anrf1225, canafsa, Giro423, jjcorvino, jtn123, Keilz, Majestic-12 [Bot], mccracal, mm2368, Sawtooth, Smc1994, texteach, ThorB, townizm and 27 guests