NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawprospie

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lawprospie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:For all the AnBryce finalists: We are so excited to meet you and to hear from you. Please don't hesitate to utilize the contact form you have been given. Congratulations on this incredible opportunity. It is so worth it!

[Edit: Just saw post above me; what he said]

I'm excited to meet the current AnBryce Scholars and alumns and affiliates! It's weird though I feel like it's going to be an AnBryce community immersion, hopefully I'll actually get it.
Last edited by lawprospie on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
02889 wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:For all the AnBryce finalists: We are so excited to meet you and to hear from you. Please don't hesitate to utilize the contact form you have been given. Congratulations on this incredible opportunity. It is so worth it!

You all are hardcore about outreach. I did not apply, nor do I have the numbers for it, but I just thought you deserved some praise. :)

Seconded

Thank you both! And for the record, if anyone else has questions: toss them my way. I'm a 3L and I have nothing better to do.

lawprospie

Postby lawprospie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:
02889 wrote:

You all are hardcore about outreach. I did not apply, nor do I have the numbers for it, but I just thought you deserved some praise. :)

Seconded

Thank you both! And for the record, if anyone else has questions: toss them my way. I'm a 3L and I have nothing better to do.
/

Anastasia,
Thanks for taking questions! Do finalists who don't win the scholarship still get considerable amount of merit award? Also, I feel like a creeper, but I've been stalking AnBryce Scholars on Linkedin and Google. It seems like most people (I think all that I've found) did a 1L big law internship. Is career and internship help a significant part of belonging to the AnBryce community?

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 pm

lawprospie wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:
02889 wrote:You all are hardcore about outreach. I did not apply, nor do I have the numbers for it, but I just thought you deserved some praise. :)

Seconded

/

Anastasia,
Thanks for taking questions! Do finalists who don't win the scholarship still get considerable amount of merit award? Also, I feel like a creeper, but I've been stalking AnBryce Scholars on Linkedin and Google. It seems like most people (I think all that I've found) did a 1L big law internship. Is career and internship help a significant part of belonging to the AnBryce community?

PM'd.

OscarVeal

Postby OscarVeal » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:45 pm

I didn't see anyone else post about this, but the status checker is down for everyone right now, correct?

VeeD101

Postby VeeD101 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 pm

OscarVeal wrote:I didn't see anyone else post about this, but the status checker is down for everyone right now, correct?

Works for me.

LSATSCORES2012

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:51 pm

If you're using a mac or linux and want to access the status checker (or LSAC) but cannot try this:

open up a terminal and type: sudo nano /etc/hosts

move to the end of the file (just press the down button) then paste the following:

64.9.4.155 lsac.org
64.9.4.141 aces2.lsac.org

Press ctrl+o, then return/enter, then ctrl+x.

Wah lah!

(note you may have to remove this later - it's simple to do, just run the same command, "sudo nano /etc/hosts", then delete those last two lines, then press ctrl+o then ctrl+x).

For you windows users, can't help ya, sorry.

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:16 pm

02889 wrote:

I just wanna add that no one has pushed any of us to reach out about or talk up the program. I mention that because it might seem like it because of how enthusiastic we all are about it, but I promise you it's all genuine and unprompted.

Also, Anastasia's a baller.

bbsg

Postby bbsg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:22 pm

lawprospie wrote:[quote="Anastasia Dee Dualla"

/

Anastasia,

PM'd.[/quote]

Can you PM me, too? Same questions.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:45 pm

bbsg wrote:

/

Anastasia,

PM'd.

Can you PM me, too? Same questions.[/quote]

PM'd

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

spyke123

Postby spyke123 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 pm

LRGhost wrote:Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

mine updated today. maybe we will go DLS tmr??

amsong

Postby amsong » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 pm

I haven't updated in years. I am pretty sure somebody ate my application.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:31 pm

spyke123 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

So jelly. The paper my app is on has probably yellowed already now that it hasn't even been touched for over 4 months.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:31 pm

spyke123 wrote:

Same dates as LRG here, but I really doubt we go DLS tomorrow... that seems like a really quick turnaround

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:31 pm

spyke123 wrote:

Comfortable sharing GPA range? I know that mrizza, the other person who updated yesterday, and I have similar LSAT scores and comparable GPAs. Not expecting DLS but I'm just hoping to dodge a ding. :/ Thinking about even writing a LOCI just reiterating some of the points I made in my Why NYU and shit.

lsatprepguy

Postby lsatprepguy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:06 pm

bbsg wrote:

/

Anastasia,

PM'd.

Can you PM me, too? Same questions.

PM'd[/quote]

me too? :)

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 pm

lsatprepguy wrote:

PM'd

cayennepepper

Postby cayennepepper » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 pm

lsatprepguy wrote:

PM'd

Anastasia - would you mind PM'ing me as well? Thanks!

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:51 pm

cayennepepper wrote:
lsatprepguy wrote:

PM'd

Anastasia - would you mind PM'ing me as well? Thanks!

PM'd.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Apologies to applicants whose thread is now primarily me declaring "PM'd." The best of luck to all of you!

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:40 pm

My financial aid app is STILL under review. I tried calling the office today but no luck. I'm going to blow that phone up tomorrow until I figure out what the fuck is up.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 am

LRGhost wrote:
spyke123 wrote:

Comfortable sharing GPA range? I know that mrizza, the other person who updated yesterday, and I have similar LSAT scores and comparable GPAs. Not expecting DLS but I'm just hoping to dodge a ding. :/ Thinking about even writing a LOCI just reiterating some of the points I made in my Why NYU and shit.

I got into NU on a big splitter wave. Maybe NYU just had a "oh shit we won't be maintaining medians" moment?

Also, spyke listing his LSAT and no GPA is classic splitter, safe to assume he's one of us

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:00 am

mrizza wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
spyke123 wrote:

I got into NU on a big splitter wave. Maybe NYU just had a "oh shit we won't be maintaining medians" moment?

Also, spyke listing his LSAT and no GPA is classic splitter, safe to assume he's one of us

Man, my outright M ding has gotten me incredibly shook. I expected a Hold at Northwestern since I didn't interview or do a Why X, but I wrote what I thought was a decent Why X for Michigan. Wrote one for NYU too which I think was much, much stronger, but ugh. Hate this feeling. Hoping you're right, man. <333

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 am

LRGhost wrote:Man, my outright M ding has gotten me incredibly shook. I expected a Hold at Northwestern since I didn't interview or do a Why X, but I wrote what I thought was a decent Why X for Michigan. Wrote one for NYU too which I think was much, much stronger, but ugh. Hate this feeling. Hoping you're right, man. <333

M isn't very splitter friendly, I'm not expecting much there either. You should send an LOCI/Why X to NU though

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”