NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawprospie
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lawprospie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:For all the AnBryce finalists: We are so excited to meet you and to hear from you. Please don't hesitate to utilize the contact form you have been given. Congratulations on this incredible opportunity. It is so worth it!

[Edit: Just saw post above me; what he said]



I'm excited to meet the current AnBryce Scholars and alumns and affiliates! It's weird though I feel like it's going to be an AnBryce community immersion, hopefully I'll actually get it.
Last edited by lawprospie on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
02889 wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:For all the AnBryce finalists: We are so excited to meet you and to hear from you. Please don't hesitate to utilize the contact form you have been given. Congratulations on this incredible opportunity. It is so worth it!

[Edit: Just saw post above me; what he said]

You all are hardcore about outreach. I did not apply, nor do I have the numbers for it, but I just thought you deserved some praise. :)


Seconded


Thank you both! And for the record, if anyone else has questions: toss them my way. I'm a 3L and I have nothing better to do.

lawprospie
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lawprospie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:
02889 wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:For all the AnBryce finalists: We are so excited to meet you and to hear from you. Please don't hesitate to utilize the contact form you have been given. Congratulations on this incredible opportunity. It is so worth it!

[Edit: Just saw post above me; what he said]

You all are hardcore about outreach. I did not apply, nor do I have the numbers for it, but I just thought you deserved some praise. :)


Seconded


Thank you both! And for the record, if anyone else has questions: toss them my way. I'm a 3L and I have nothing better to do.
/

Anastasia,
Thanks for taking questions! Do finalists who don't win the scholarship still get considerable amount of merit award? Also, I feel like a creeper, but I've been stalking AnBryce Scholars on Linkedin and Google. It seems like most people (I think all that I've found) did a 1L big law internship. Is career and internship help a significant part of belonging to the AnBryce community?

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 pm

lawprospie wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:
02889 wrote:You all are hardcore about outreach. I did not apply, nor do I have the numbers for it, but I just thought you deserved some praise. :)


Seconded


Thank you both! And for the record, if anyone else has questions: toss them my way. I'm a 3L and I have nothing better to do.
/

Anastasia,
Thanks for taking questions! Do finalists who don't win the scholarship still get considerable amount of merit award? Also, I feel like a creeper, but I've been stalking AnBryce Scholars on Linkedin and Google. It seems like most people (I think all that I've found) did a 1L big law internship. Is career and internship help a significant part of belonging to the AnBryce community?


PM'd.

OscarVeal
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby OscarVeal » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:45 pm

I didn't see anyone else post about this, but the status checker is down for everyone right now, correct?

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby VeeD101 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 pm

OscarVeal wrote:I didn't see anyone else post about this, but the status checker is down for everyone right now, correct?


Works for me.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:51 pm

If you're using a mac or linux and want to access the status checker (or LSAC) but cannot try this:

open up a terminal and type: sudo nano /etc/hosts

move to the end of the file (just press the down button) then paste the following:

64.9.4.155 lsac.org
64.9.4.141 aces2.lsac.org


Press ctrl+o, then return/enter, then ctrl+x.

Wah lah!

(note you may have to remove this later - it's simple to do, just run the same command, "sudo nano /etc/hosts", then delete those last two lines, then press ctrl+o then ctrl+x).

For you windows users, can't help ya, sorry.

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby vincanity1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:16 pm

02889 wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:For all the AnBryce finalists: We are so excited to meet you and to hear from you. Please don't hesitate to utilize the contact form you have been given. Congratulations on this incredible opportunity. It is so worth it!

[Edit: Just saw post above me; what he said]

You all are hardcore about outreach. I did not apply, nor do I have the numbers for it, but I just thought you deserved some praise. :)


I just wanna add that no one has pushed any of us to reach out about or talk up the program. I mention that because it might seem like it because of how enthusiastic we all are about it, but I promise you it's all genuine and unprompted.

Also, Anastasia's a baller.

bbsg
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bbsg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
lawprospie wrote:[quote="Anastasia Dee Dualla"

Thank you both! And for the record, if anyone else has questions: toss them my way. I'm a 3L and I have nothing better to do.
/

Anastasia,
Thanks for taking questions! Do finalists who don't win the scholarship still get considerable amount of merit award? Also, I feel like a creeper, but I've been stalking AnBryce Scholars on Linkedin and Google. It seems like most people (I think all that I've found) did a 1L big law internship. Is career and internship help a significant part of belonging to the AnBryce community?


PM'd.[/quote]

Can you PM me, too? Same questions.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:45 pm

bbsg wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
lawprospie wrote:[quote="Anastasia Dee Dualla"

Thank you both! And for the record, if anyone else has questions: toss them my way. I'm a 3L and I have nothing better to do.
/

Anastasia,
Thanks for taking questions! Do finalists who don't win the scholarship still get considerable amount of merit award? Also, I feel like a creeper, but I've been stalking AnBryce Scholars on Linkedin and Google. It seems like most people (I think all that I've found) did a 1L big law internship. Is career and internship help a significant part of belonging to the AnBryce community?


PM'd.


Can you PM me, too? Same questions.[/quote]

PM'd

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby spyke123 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 pm

LRGhost wrote:Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.


mine updated today. maybe we will go DLS tmr??

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby amsong » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 pm

I haven't updated in years. I am pretty sure somebody ate my application.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:31 pm

spyke123 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.


mine updated today. maybe we will go DLS tmr??


So jelly. The paper my app is on has probably yellowed already now that it hasn't even been touched for over 4 months.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Cobretti » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:31 pm

spyke123 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.


mine updated today. maybe we will go DLS tmr??

Same dates as LRG here, but I really doubt we go DLS tomorrow... that seems like a really quick turnaround

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:31 pm

spyke123 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.


mine updated today. maybe we will go DLS tmr??


Comfortable sharing GPA range? I know that mrizza, the other person who updated yesterday, and I have similar LSAT scores and comparable GPAs. Not expecting DLS but I'm just hoping to dodge a ding. :/ Thinking about even writing a LOCI just reiterating some of the points I made in my Why NYU and shit.

User avatar
lsatprepguy
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lsatprepguy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
bbsg wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
lawprospie wrote:[quote="Anastasia Dee Dualla"

Thank you both! And for the record, if anyone else has questions: toss them my way. I'm a 3L and I have nothing better to do.
/

Anastasia,
Thanks for taking questions! Do finalists who don't win the scholarship still get considerable amount of merit award? Also, I feel like a creeper, but I've been stalking AnBryce Scholars on Linkedin and Google. It seems like most people (I think all that I've found) did a 1L big law internship. Is career and internship help a significant part of belonging to the AnBryce community?


PM'd.


Can you PM me, too? Same questions.


PM'd[/quote]

me too? :)

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 pm

lsatprepguy wrote:
me too? :)


PM'd

cayennepepper
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby cayennepepper » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
lsatprepguy wrote:
me too? :)


PM'd


Anastasia - would you mind PM'ing me as well? Thanks!

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:51 pm

cayennepepper wrote:
Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
lsatprepguy wrote:
me too? :)


PM'd


Anastasia - would you mind PM'ing me as well? Thanks!


PM'd.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Apologies to applicants whose thread is now primarily me declaring "PM'd." The best of luck to all of you!

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:40 pm

My financial aid app is STILL under review. I tried calling the office today but no luck. I'm going to blow that phone up tomorrow until I figure out what the fuck is up.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Cobretti » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 am

LRGhost wrote:
spyke123 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.


mine updated today. maybe we will go DLS tmr??


Comfortable sharing GPA range? I know that mrizza, the other person who updated yesterday, and I have similar LSAT scores and comparable GPAs. Not expecting DLS but I'm just hoping to dodge a ding. :/ Thinking about even writing a LOCI just reiterating some of the points I made in my Why NYU and shit.

I got into NU on a big splitter wave. Maybe NYU just had a "oh shit we won't be maintaining medians" moment?

Also, spyke listing his LSAT and no GPA is classic splitter, safe to assume he's one of us

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:00 am

mrizza wrote:
LRGhost wrote:
spyke123 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:Anyone else get updated yesterday? I think that's my first update since going complete/UR1 on 1/09. Not by statuschecker so I can't check. I think two people posted that they got an update yesterday, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.


mine updated today. maybe we will go DLS tmr??


Comfortable sharing GPA range? I know that mrizza, the other person who updated yesterday, and I have similar LSAT scores and comparable GPAs. Not expecting DLS but I'm just hoping to dodge a ding. :/ Thinking about even writing a LOCI just reiterating some of the points I made in my Why NYU and shit.

I got into NU on a big splitter wave. Maybe NYU just had a "oh shit we won't be maintaining medians" moment?

Also, spyke listing his LSAT and no GPA is classic splitter, safe to assume he's one of us



Man, my outright M ding has gotten me incredibly shook. I expected a Hold at Northwestern since I didn't interview or do a Why X, but I wrote what I thought was a decent Why X for Michigan. Wrote one for NYU too which I think was much, much stronger, but ugh. Hate this feeling. Hoping you're right, man. <333

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Cobretti » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 am

LRGhost wrote:Man, my outright M ding has gotten me incredibly shook. I expected a Hold at Northwestern since I didn't interview or do a Why X, but I wrote what I thought was a decent Why X for Michigan. Wrote one for NYU too which I think was much, much stronger, but ugh. Hate this feeling. Hoping you're right, man. <333

M isn't very splitter friendly, I'm not expecting much there either. You should send an LOCI/Why X to NU though




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Bing [Bot], hweigel, Kk11 and 15 guests