NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby NoodleyOne » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:37 pm

toothbrush wrote:noodley are you taking nyu ? aka you def going to nyu or holding out for hysc?

I am going to wait until I get all the information before I make a decision. Not a prestige whore and very debt averse, so I'm going to try to maximize my chances at biglaw while maintaining a seviceable debt load should I wash out or miss entirely.

BigZuck
Posts: 10851
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BigZuck » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Jaqen wrote:
Ph297 wrote:Anybody else who applied in nov still heard nothing?


Sup.


Sup.

User avatar
Omnivalc
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Omnivalc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:34 pm

Still stuck at 12/12 here and getting really antsy. After a string of waitlists over the last few weeks I need some good freaking news.

BigZuck
Posts: 10851
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BigZuck » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:42 pm

Omnivalc wrote:Still stuck at 12/12 here and getting really antsy. After a string of waitlists over the last few weeks I need some good freaking news.


You're not going to like what's coming your way in April...

Be like me, abandon all hope!

eerie_erie
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby eerie_erie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:45 pm

Be like me and forgot you applied. Then get big purple envelope in early March. (2L wandering around here.)

UselessKnowledge
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby UselessKnowledge » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Eli wrote:
UselessKnowledge wrote:Under review since 1/10. Rejection coming my way? :( I would cry tears od pure joy if I got into NYU. I am not even joking or exaggerating in the slightest.


Oh, Useless! I will cross my fingers and toes. NYU should be happy to have people like you.


Thank you, Eli. :) That's so freakin' nice. I can only hope to join you guys in the fall!

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:22 am

UR1 on 1/09 I believe, UR2 2/25.

Anyone else from early January with movement today?

User avatar
syd625
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby syd625 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm

LRGhost wrote:UR1 on 1/09 I believe, UR2 2/25.

Anyone else from early January with movement today?


Exact same dates here. NYU was a huge reach for me, though. Not really expecting much.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 04102014 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:13 pm

UR 1/3/2013, still no UR2. Fucking. A.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:15 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:UR 1/3/2013, still no UR2. Fucking. A.


12/26. Sup.

User avatar
syd625
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby syd625 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:23 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:UR 1/3/2013, still no UR2. Fucking. A.


12/26. Sup.


My GPA's not pretty. Honestly, it's probably safer to be in a different UR group.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:29 pm

syd625 wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:UR 1/3/2013, still no UR2. Fucking. A.


12/26. Sup.


My GPA's not pretty. Honestly, it's probably safer to be in a different UR group.


You're a URM. Don't be so pessimistic.

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:35 pm

LRGhost wrote:
syd625 wrote:
KanyeShrug wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:UR 1/3/2013, still no UR2. Fucking. A.


12/26. Sup.


My GPA's not pretty. Honestly, it's probably safer to be in a different UR group.


You're a URM. Don't be so pessimistic.


I'm also a URM and equally as pessimistic.

Image

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:37 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
[img]BIG[/img]


Yeah, this application is dedicated to all the...

kertz
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:02 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby kertz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:47 pm

has anyone heard from any of the named scholarship programs?

ryantw
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ryantw » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:47 pm

Im pretty sure NYU forgot I exist... No movement since December 3rd. End my misery NYU, wheres the ding?

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Cobretti » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:12 pm

syd625 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:UR1 on 1/09 I believe, UR2 2/25.

Anyone else from early January with movement today?


Exact same dates here. NYU was a huge reach for me, though. Not really expecting much.

1/09 -> 2/25 here

Big time splitter so I'm not very optimistic either

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby spyke123 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:18 pm

having UR updates is always a good sign .. i think.. good to see LRGhost get some movement!

BigZuck
Posts: 10851
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:30 pm

spyke123 wrote:having UR updates is always a good sign .. i think.. good to see LRGhost get some movement!


UR1 November, UR2 December, nothing since. I will be waitlisted. I think you're wrong.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 pm

mrizza wrote:
syd625 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:UR1 on 1/09 I believe, UR2 2/25.

Anyone else from early January with movement today?


Exact same dates here. NYU was a huge reach for me, though. Not really expecting much.

1/09 -> 2/25 here

Big time splitter so I'm not very optimistic either


Similar numbers. As long as it's not a ding, I can work with that :/

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Cobretti » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:49 pm

LRGhost wrote:
mrizza wrote:
syd625 wrote:
LRGhost wrote:UR1 on 1/09 I believe, UR2 2/25.

Anyone else from early January with movement today?


Exact same dates here. NYU was a huge reach for me, though. Not really expecting much.

1/09 -> 2/25 here

Big time splitter so I'm not very optimistic either


Similar numbers. As long as it's not a ding, I can work with that :/

Ya, I actually I have you on my watchlist haha
My profile

Ph297
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Ph297 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:09 pm

So what is the point of not telling someone anything for four months, why wait to waitlist?

User avatar
KanyeShrug
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby KanyeShrug » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Ph297 wrote:So what is the point of not telling someone anything for four months, why wait to waitlist?


Image

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Cobretti » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
Ph297 wrote:So what is the point of not telling someone anything for four months, why wait to waitlist?


Image

Not your best gif performance Kanye, let's keep it quality>quantity

Ph297
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Ph297 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:26 pm

KanyeShrug wrote:
Ph297 wrote:So what is the point of not telling someone anything for four months, why wait to waitlist?




It's just so asinine. Who do these people think they are? At least email or update a status after four months. Makes me not want to go there.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, Christinabruin, JazzyMac, jyzhao3, nahmjun and 11 guests