NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BigZuck

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:21 am

Poo-T wrote:So how many UR stages are there? My current status date changed but I'm still under review... Does that mean I'm UR2?

Yes that's UR2. There are anywhere between at least 0 and 4 changes. Nothing to be read into it.

Postby 02889 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:00 pm

Not much NYU action today, huh? There was one UR update, so we know they're working.

Come on, NYU! Spread some more love!

trojandave

Postby trojandave » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Does anyone have the link to that site where we can check on our financial aid decision progress? For some reason I can't find it in this thread now or on the site. Thanks!

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:16 pm

trojandave wrote:Does anyone have the link to that site where we can check on our financial aid decision progress? For some reason I can't find it in this thread now or on the site. Thanks!

https://faaps.law.nyu.edu/studentmain.html

I think it's been posted before over in the NYU Accepted thread.

porch

Postby porch » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:56 pm

I think I'm gonna stop coming on this website. I'm getting too upset. Already changed my profile description. I think I'm having the worst cycle ever for someone with my numbers. The months of silence it looks like i'm just heading for every waitlist that exists. I quit TLS, i quit law school applications, I quit.

ETA: Just realized this was my 100th post. Very fitting for it to be a frustration post. Sorry for complaining

/rant
Last edited by porch on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:58 pm

porch wrote:I think I'm gonna stop coming on this website. I'm getting too upset. Already changed my profile description. I think I'm having the worst cycle ever for someone with my numbers. The months of silence it looks like i'm just heading for every waitlist that exists. I quit TLS, i quit law school applications, I quit.

Cycle ain't over yet, brah. If all the info in your profile is up to date, nothing out of the ordinary has hit yet, except the straight rejection (as opposed to WL) from Penn. You'll be fine.

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:12 pm

No movement on the named scholarship front right? I've tried to go through this thread but it's too long :(

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Yukos wrote:No movement on the named scholarship front right? I've tried to go through this thread but it's too long :(

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=199600

Better to check on this thread, and yeah, a couple IILJ interviews have gone out.

helix23

Postby helix23 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:06 pm

is the website broke for anyone else?

nselvar

Postby nselvar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 pm

helix23 wrote:is the website broke for anyone else?

just checked and it works for me

callmemaybe84

Postby callmemaybe84 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 pm

helix23 wrote:is the website broke for anyone else?

Yeah it's down.

Looking to see if they had a Furman notification date...

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:16 pm

I'm a bit confused as to how the merit- or need-based scholarship process works. I've filled out the Need Access and FAFSA applications but aside from listing NYU as a school I may attend on both of those websites, is there anything else I need to do to alert NYU that I've filled out the applications?

az21833

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:26 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:I'm a bit confused as to how the merit- or need-based scholarship process works. I've filled out the Need Access and FAFSA applications but aside from listing NYU as a school I may attend on both of those websites, is there anything else I need to do to alert NYU that I've filled out the applications?

no. you're done.

risa

Postby risa » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:19 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:I'm a bit confused as to how the merit- or need-based scholarship process works. I've filled out the Need Access and FAFSA applications but aside from listing NYU as a school I may attend on both of those websites, is there anything else I need to do to alert NYU that I've filled out the applications?

az21833 wrote:no. you're done.

If you're paranoid like me, log in at this page: https://faaps.law.nyu.edu/studentmain.html
Within two days after my acceptance it registered that my application was complete. All I did was complete the FAFSA and Need Access (which I had done before my acceptance. If you did not complete them until after you were accepted you might have a longer delay before they register on FAAPS).

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:21 pm

risa wrote:

az21833 wrote:no. you're done.

If you're paranoid like me, log in at this page: https://faaps.law.nyu.edu/studentmain.html
Within two days after my acceptance it registered that my application was complete. All I did was complete the FAFSA and Need Access (which I had done before my acceptance. If you did not complete them until after you were accepted you might have a longer delay before they register on FAAPS).

You're a lifesaver. Looks like my financial aid application is currently under review. Thanks!

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:11 pm

Received my scholarship package! Only $15K/year but I'm pretty excited to get some money from NYU. I don't know if this is standard for my numbers or lower than usual yet and worth trying to make larger but I'll wait to be concerned about that.

BTW I never submitted FAFSA, only Need Access on 2/7, and they had it ready a week later. If I submit FAFSA now will that make any difference or is the determination final?

Good luck everyone!

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:13 pm

jbagelboy wrote:Received my scholarship package! Only $15K/year but I'm pretty excited to get some money from NYU. I don't know if this is standard for my numbers or lower than usual yet and worth trying to make larger but I'll wait to be concerned about that.

BTW I never submitted FAFSA, only Need Access on 2/7, and they had it ready a week later. If I submit FAFSA now will that make any difference or is the determination final?

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!! FAFSA is for federal need-based aid, so that won't make difference in NYU's package for you, but it will impact whether you're eligible for Federal grants, and which type of Federal loan you're eligible for.

You give me a lot of hope. If I get $15k from NYU I will be VERY excited.

If I get $1k from NYU I will be very excited.

az21833

Postby az21833 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:26 pm

ph5354a wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:Received my scholarship package! Only $15K/year but I'm pretty excited to get some money from NYU. I don't know if this is standard for my numbers or lower than usual yet and worth trying to make larger but I'll wait to be concerned about that.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!! FAFSA is for federal need-based aid, so that won't make difference in NYU's package for you, but it will impact whether you're eligible for Federal grants, and which type of Federal loan you're eligible for.

ph me and you are giong to be radio silence til like april i think haha

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:27 pm

az21833 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:

Good luck everyone!

ph me and you are giong to be radio silence til like april i think haha

I know right, I'm having an intense love/hate relationship with this named scholarship situation.

marshal26

Postby marshal26 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Any ideas for what the turn around time is after you submit FAFSA an NeedAccess?

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 pm

marshal26 wrote:Any ideas for what the turn around time is after you submit FAFSA an NeedAccess?

If you didn't apply to a named scholarship, it could be anywhere between a week and god only knows. The first big wave of notifications went out on 2/8 with another one last week and most people had only submitted it a week or two earlier. No idea whether that's a hard and fast rule though.

jubee

Postby jubee » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:00 pm

My current financial aid status says "Application in final stage of review" I submitted last Thurs. Does anyone know if this means I should be receiving notice pretty soon?

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:02 pm

jubee wrote:My current financial aid status says "Application in final stage of review" I submitted last Thurs. Does anyone know if this means I should be receiving notice pretty soon?

From what we can tell, the applications move to "final stages" pretty quickly, then they hang out there for a while. If you didn't apply for a named scholarship, you could hear this week or next.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:10 pm

jubee wrote:My current financial aid status says "Application in final stage of review" I submitted last Thurs. Does anyone know if this means I should be receiving notice pretty soon?

Mine went final review --> decision in 2 days.

lawschoolboundfuture

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Good luck everyone!

How'd they inform you of this amount?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”