NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:19 pm

toothbrush wrote:I guess my point is that you shouldn't be hopeless and expect a WL you can have hope that you'll fall into an admit pile ? Or is that naïve ?

I think at this point, expecting a WL is totally reasonable. Historically, NYU is basically done with acceptances, though will probably accept another handful of people in the coming week(s). Waitlists and rejections tend to go out in March or April, I think.

Of course, I would love a wave of late acceptances after they realize the applicant pool isn't getting better and all of their top applicants are already bound for HYS or Columbia/Chicago with $$.

PGOAT
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby PGOAT » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Checking in for the sake of commiseration -- complete early/mid-December with 172/3.7, 2 years of strong/unique WE and close ties to NYC (not that I think that matters to NYU...). Bracing myself for WL at this point, I guess, though it seems odd to me that a number of y'all with really solid numbers haven't heard back yet. Good luck, all!

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chadbrochill » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 pm

:cry:
Last edited by chadbrochill on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swimp
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Swimp » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 pm

PGOAT wrote:Checking in for the sake of commiseration -- complete early/mid-December with 172/3.7, 2 years of strong/unique WE and close ties to NYC (not that I think that matters to NYU...). Bracing myself for WL at this point, I guess, though it seems odd to me that a number of y'all with really solid numbers haven't heard back yet. Good luck, all!


That's an ambitious username.

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Audeamus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:46 pm

has anyone been invited to interview for names scholarships yet? the website says they come out "February through early March" so I realize it will probably be awhile but figured I'd check.

PGOAT
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby PGOAT » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Swimp wrote:
PGOAT wrote:Checking in for the sake of commiseration -- complete early/mid-December with 172/3.7, 2 years of strong/unique WE and close ties to NYC (not that I think that matters to NYU...). Bracing myself for WL at this point, I guess, though it seems odd to me that a number of y'all with really solid numbers haven't heard back yet. Good luck, all!


That's an ambitious username.



<3 David Foster Wallace

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:03 pm

Audeamus wrote:has anyone been invited to interview for names scholarships yet? the website says they come out "February through early March" so I realize it will probably be awhile but figured I'd check.



I haven't --not that that means anything :lol: Anyone else?

User avatar
maggielizer
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby maggielizer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:10 pm

ph5354a wrote:
Audeamus wrote:has anyone been invited to interview for names scholarships yet? the website says they come out "February through early March" so I realize it will probably be awhile but figured I'd check.



I haven't --not that that means anything :lol: Anyone else?


Negatory. Fingers crossed, though.

User avatar
TexasAggie13
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby TexasAggie13 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Oh snap. Went UR 11/15 followed by many long weeks of silence. Just checked and I am UR2 as of today :shock:

User avatar
Lighthouseman
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Lighthouseman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:07 pm

DLS today. Anybody with me? :shock:

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby digifly » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:13 pm

TexasAggie13 wrote:Oh snap. Went UR 11/15 followed by many long weeks of silence. Just checked and I am UR2 as of today :shock:


I was UR 11/21. Just updated to today as well. (It wasn't like that 3 hours ago, update happened recently.)

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:18 pm

Maybe another wave of admits today! Good luck everyone!

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:37 pm

Anyone else think NYU may be cutting class sizes this cycle? They didn't last cycle and it seems like we're heading a large WL :(

User avatar
Lighthouseman
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Lighthouseman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:33 pm

I'm in via ASW. Miracle? Definitely!

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby risa » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Lighthouseman wrote:I'm in via ASW. Miracle? Definitely!

Congrats! Stats? Submit date? When did your status checker change to DLS, if you know?

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby spyke123 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:50 pm

great to see some movement!!!

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Jaqen » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Still at 11/20. :?

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby longlivetheking » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:55 pm

nah nyu can't take that hit to the tuition. they're fucking poor. they need those cash.

besides they can't drop to #7 and they can't go to #4/5. whats the point?

User avatar
Lighthouseman
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Lighthouseman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 pm

@ Risa

Submitted on 1/15, complete on 1/17, UR 1/17, DLS 2/5. Numbers in profile

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:04 pm

longlivetheking wrote:nah nyu can't take that hit to the tuition. they're fucking poor. they need those cash.

besides they can't drop to #7 and they can't go to #4/5. whats the point?


I think, and I could be wrong, but I'd think NYU is anything but poor considering the kids who there for UG. They'd cut size so they keep median and don't drop. They're throwing around more money to keep people with good numbers. Hypothetically, why can't they overtake UChi?

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby longlivetheking » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:08 pm

trust me nyu's dead poor even considering the undergrads they take in (who by the way, ain't that rich in the first place). Alumni giving is dismal. the law school is probably their cash cow. 450 (excluding transfers) would bring in some nice cash for their new campuses in Washington DC and Shanghai or another new site in Europe.

Another way they could do so is cut class size but take in tons of transfers, forgoing 1 year of tuition. But why do that? i mean they've been comfortably #6 for quite some time now. Only fear they have is dropping to #7 considering how penn and uva have 170 medians. They're already at 171 and thats a little too close for comfort i guess.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 pm

NYU has been as high as 4 fairly recently so I don't think it's totally out of the question they could move up considering how close 2-6 in the rankings were last year.

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby longlivetheking » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:17 pm

man if crowing ain't getting into nyu i'm probably fucked.

Big Dog
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Big Dog » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 pm

trust me nyu's dead poor


hahahaha.

NYU is in the top ~25 for endowments. :P

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 pm

longlivetheking wrote:man if crowing ain't getting into nyu i'm probably fucked.


aren't you applying next cycle? there's still time for a 180.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dietcoke1, Google Adsense [Bot], PDX4343, premalone, proteinshake, Smc1994, studyingeveryday, texteach, UghNonAmus and 22 guests