NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lollipop555
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lollipop555 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:10 pm

still UR 12/12 - AHHHHH

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:12 pm

ph5354a wrote:
Jacq2212 wrote:It's been a month since my app went under review, I'm guessing its normal to have such a long time where they aren't reviewing your file? Should I consider sending in an LOCI? I've been accepted at Northwestern but haven't heard back from any of the top ten yet...I <3 New York!


Based on last year, we probably shouldn't except too many more outright acceptances since they seem to start waitlisting people soon. I would save your LOCI for that.


Yeah, I think if there's nothing this Wednesday or Thursday, we're probably gonna get a lot of silence until WLs come :/ Unless it's like the 2010-11 cycle where it was a bit more drawn out.

User avatar
PBateman1
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby PBateman1 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:36 pm

.
Last edited by PBateman1 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:05 pm

PBateman1 wrote:Has anyone interviewed on-campus as of late? I have an interview this week and was wondering how long it took people to hear back afterwards.

They offer interviews? Is this something they invite you for, or is it just like an informational interview you scheduled with someone in the admissions office?

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby wisteria » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:07 pm

I sent an email to the financial aid office asking them to confirm my financial aid application. Got a response today that a decision would be made within 7-10 business days.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:13 pm

wisteria wrote:I sent an email to the financial aid office asking them to confirm my financial aid application. Got a response today that a decision would be made within 7-10 business days.


the app jut being fafsa and need, nothing else right? and im guessing this is only if you did NOT apply for a named sholly? otherwise, its held?

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby wisteria » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:15 pm

az21833 wrote:
wisteria wrote:I sent an email to the financial aid office asking them to confirm my financial aid application. Got a response today that a decision would be made within 7-10 business days.


the app jut being fafsa and need, nothing else right? and im guessing this is only if you did NOT apply for a named sholly? otherwise, its held?


Don't know about named scholly. Otherwise, it's just fafsa (not required, I think) and Need Access (required).

User avatar
PBateman1
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby PBateman1 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:18 pm

02889 wrote:
PBateman1 wrote:Has anyone interviewed on-campus as of late? I have an interview this week and was wondering how long it took people to hear back afterwards.

They offer interviews? Is this something they invite you for, or is it just like an informational interview you scheduled with someone in the admissions office?


I totally meant to post this in the Northwestern thread, whoops.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby helix23 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:24 pm

PBateman1 wrote:
02889 wrote:
PBateman1 wrote:Has anyone interviewed on-campus as of late? I have an interview this week and was wondering how long it took people to hear back afterwards.

They offer interviews? Is this something they invite you for, or is it just like an informational interview you scheduled with someone in the admissions office?


I totally meant to post this in the Northwestern thread, whoops.


Edit your erroneous post, Halberstram

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Audeamus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:55 pm

helix23 wrote:
PBateman1 wrote:
02889 wrote:
PBateman1 wrote:Has anyone interviewed on-campus as of late? I have an interview this week and was wondering how long it took people to hear back afterwards.

They offer interviews? Is this something they invite you for, or is it just like an informational interview you scheduled with someone in the admissions office?


I totally meant to post this in the Northwestern thread, whoops.


Edit your erroneous post, Halberstram


+1 for word choice. Erroneous competes with fizzle for the "honor" of being my second favorite word.

swordking90
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby swordking90 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Accepted 1/17 and haven't received the NYU "pizza box" package yet. Anyone in the same boat?

bl1234
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bl1234 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:19 pm

I got a 168 on the LSAT and have a 3.94 GPA with above-average softs. Any ideas on when I'll hear from NYU?

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby curious66 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:22 pm

bl1234 wrote:I got a 168 on the LSAT and have a 3.94 GPA with above-average softs. Any ideas on when I'll hear from NYU?


When did you apply? Several of us below 170 are waiting.

bl1234
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bl1234 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:36 pm

curious66 wrote:
bl1234 wrote:I got a 168 on the LSAT and have a 3.94 GPA with above-average softs. Any ideas on when I'll hear from NYU?


When did you apply? Several of us below 170 are waiting.



I applied late November. It looks like my application was complete on December 14th.

BigZuck
Posts: 10880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:39 pm

bl1234 wrote:I got a 168 on the LSAT and have a 3.94 GPA with above-average softs. Any ideas on when I'll hear from NYU?


You should hear that they have waitlisted you in April I believe.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:10 pm

BigZuck wrote:
bl1234 wrote:I got a 168 on the LSAT and have a 3.94 GPA with above-average softs. Any ideas on when I'll hear from NYU?


You should hear that they have waitlisted you in April I believe.

Where do you draw that decision from ?

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby venus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:53 pm

toothbrush wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
bl1234 wrote:I got a 168 on the LSAT and have a 3.94 GPA with above-average softs. Any ideas on when I'll hear from NYU?


You should hear that they have waitlisted you in April I believe.

Where do you draw that decision from ?

http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1 ... Cycle=1213
Plus, bl1234 hasn't heard anything yet, and NYU has been accepting January applicants already. I'm in the same situation (with slightly worse numbers), so yeah, I think WL in April.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 pm

swordking90 wrote:Accepted 1/17 and haven't received the NYU "pizza box" package yet. Anyone in the same boat?


Don't feel bad. There's no pizza in it, as I was fairly disappointed to see.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:51 am

Mr. Elshal wrote:
swordking90 wrote:Accepted 1/17 and haven't received the NYU "pizza box" package yet. Anyone in the same boat?


Don't feel bad. There's no pizza in it, as I was fairly disappointed to see.

That would be a pretty great marketing move... make a deal with Domino's nationally to hand deliver a pizza with your pizza box :D

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:46 am

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:
swordking90 wrote:Accepted 1/17 and haven't received the NYU "pizza box" package yet. Anyone in the same boat?


Don't feel bad. There's no pizza in it, as I was fairly disappointed to see.

That would be a pretty great marketing move... make a deal with Domino's nationally to hand deliver a pizza with your pizza box :D


Domino's Pizza Law School is already a real thing. See: Ave Maria

User avatar
happyshapy
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby happyshapy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:59 am

venus wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
bl1234 wrote:I got a 168 on the LSAT and have a 3.94 GPA with above-average softs. Any ideas on when I'll hear from NYU?


You should hear that they have waitlisted you in April I believe.

Where do you draw that decision from ?

http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1 ... Cycle=1213
Plus, bl1234 hasn't heard anything yet, and NYU has been accepting January applicants already. I'm in the same situation (with slightly worse numbers), so yeah, I think WL in April.


Yeah i figured waitlist too, but I think this year we might have some luck getting off with apps down.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:02 pm

happyshapy wrote:Yeah i figured waitlist too, but I think this year we might have some luck getting off with apps down.


So far this cycle people with your numbers and worse have like a 90% admit rate fwiw

http://myLSN.info/lz6bup 100% admit so far non urm non ed

which is why I said to that person before "where do you draw that conclusion from"

I have similar numbers and this cycles results thus far has kept my hopes high...

BigZuck
Posts: 10880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:11 pm

toothbrush wrote:
happyshapy wrote:Yeah i figured waitlist too, but I think this year we might have some luck getting off with apps down.


So far this cycle people with your numbers and worse have like a 90% admit rate fwiw

http://myLSN.info/lz6bup 100% admit so far non urm non ed

which is why I said to that person before "where do you draw that conclusion from"

I have similar numbers and this cycles results thus far has kept my hopes high...


How many dings and waitlists has NYU released so far? The answer to this question might explain the 100% acceptance rate you quoted.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:13 pm

BigZuck wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
happyshapy wrote:Yeah i figured waitlist too, but I think this year we might have some luck getting off with apps down.


So far this cycle people with your numbers and worse have like a 90% admit rate fwiw

http://myLSN.info/lz6bup 100% admit so far non urm non ed

which is why I said to that person before "where do you draw that conclusion from"

I have similar numbers and this cycles results thus far has kept my hopes high...


How many dings and waitlists has NYU released so far? The answer to this question might explain the 100% acceptance rate you quoted.

that's very true to consider but look at last year - nyu has already accepted more (numerically) people with the same numbers this year than last

http://myLSN.info/rhutiq (last year)

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:13 pm

toothbrush wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
toothbrush wrote:
happyshapy wrote:Yeah i figured waitlist too, but I think this year we might have some luck getting off with apps down.


So far this cycle people with your numbers and worse have like a 90% admit rate fwiw

http://myLSN.info/lz6bup 100% admit so far non urm non ed

which is why I said to that person before "where do you draw that conclusion from"

I have similar numbers and this cycles results thus far has kept my hopes high...


How many dings and waitlists has NYU released so far? The answer to this question might explain the 100% acceptance rate you quoted.

that's very true to consider but look at last year - nyu has already accepted more (numerically) people with the same numbers this year than last

http://myLSN.info/rhutiq (last year)


I guess my point is that you shouldn't be hopeless and expect a WL you can have hope that you'll fall into an admit pile ? Or is that naïve ?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”