NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby megagnarley » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:13 pm

UR2 followed by silence is such a tease


Image

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Congrats all! I'm selfishly happy they're admitting you all rather than putting you on the WL, so my competition this spring/summer isn't quite so ridiculous.

idontwantdebt1467
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby idontwantdebt1467 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Anyone else still at 11/5? Feel like I'm going to get a WL/ding. 176, 3.9x, but have retakes.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Okay new admits, now join us over here in this thread, it's getting a little quiet.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=199600&start=175

User avatar
broadstreet11
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby broadstreet11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Volforlife wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
Besides, with broadstreet going DLS today too, you're in good company :D .


This. This makes me feel better.


Aw thanks guys :D Congrats to everyone else!

User avatar
broadstreet11
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby broadstreet11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:20 pm

idontwantdebt1467 wrote:Anyone else still at 11/5? Feel like I'm going to get a WL/ding. 176, 3.9x, but have retakes.


Don't worry. I was at 11/5 till yesterday. 3 LSATs as well. I would bet next wave for you.

User avatar
Save_Ferris
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Save_Ferris » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Congrats to new admits!!

I had the same update dates of 1/29 and 1/30, but no DLS yet =[ This is torture.

idontwantdebt1467
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby idontwantdebt1467 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Thanks! That makes me feel a bit better.

florida1949
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby florida1949 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:42 pm

176/3.5... no movement since 11/20


seeing people with similar/better numbers in the same situation makes me feel (somewhat) better.

NYU's gotta keep their median LSAT somehow

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:46 pm

florida1949 wrote:176/3.5... no movement since 11/20


seeing people with similar/better numbers in the same situation makes me feel (somewhat) better.

NYU's gotta keep their median LSAT somehow


FYI you are probably headed for the WL. I know from personal experience and the experience of others on here. But you got a good shot at getting off of it so get your LOCI's ready for the summer

chadbrochill
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chadbrochill » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:49 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
florida1949 wrote:176/3.5... no movement since 11/20


seeing people with similar/better numbers in the same situation makes me feel (somewhat) better.

NYU's gotta keep their median LSAT somehow


FYI you are probably headed for the WL. I know from personal experience and the experience of others on here. But you got a good shot at getting off of it so get your LOCI's ready for the summer


Could you elaborate on what makes you think that? Is it b/c of the GPA? Thanks

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:52 pm

chadbrochill wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
florida1949 wrote:176/3.5... no movement since 11/20


seeing people with similar/better numbers in the same situation makes me feel (somewhat) better.

NYU's gotta keep their median LSAT somehow


FYI you are probably headed for the WL. I know from personal experience and the experience of others on here. But you got a good shot at getting off of it so get your LOCI's ready for the summer


Could you elaborate on what makes you think that? Is it b/c of the GPA? Thanks


Because he applied early and hasn't heard back. Historically that means waitlist.

florida1949
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby florida1949 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:55 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
chadbrochill wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
florida1949 wrote:176/3.5... no movement since 11/20


seeing people with similar/better numbers in the same situation makes me feel (somewhat) better.

NYU's gotta keep their median LSAT somehow


FYI you are probably headed for the WL. I know from personal experience and the experience of others on here. But you got a good shot at getting off of it so get your LOCI's ready for the summer


Could you elaborate on what makes you think that? Is it b/c of the GPA? Thanks


Because he applied early and hasn't heard back. Historically that means waitlist.


yeah I looked on lsn and the only people i could find who were accepted this late applied, at the earliest, in late december/january.

User avatar
remix
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:44 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby remix » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:03 pm

florida1949 wrote:yeah I looked on lsn and the only people i could find who were accepted this late applied, at the earliest, in late december/january.


Some of the people who just heard back had UR dates from November.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby digifly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:04 pm

FYI you are probably headed for the WL. I know from personal experience and the experience of others on here. But you got a good shot at getting off of it so get your LOCI's ready for the summer


Could you elaborate on what makes you think that? Is it b/c of the GPA? Thanks


Because he applied early and hasn't heard back. Historically that means waitlist.


yeah I looked on lsn and the only people i could find who were accepted this late applied, at the earliest, in late december/january.


Guess that means that's where I'm headed too. No movement since 11/26.

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Volforlife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Any of today's DLS people able to log into the admitted students website yet?

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby cwid1391 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Had my back-to-back UR's like these guys today but no DLS. May be headed for the WL.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Ugh, I'd be happy making it to a WL :/ Happier being in next week but I'd be satisfied trying to fight through the spring.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

On pages 5 and 6, there are a fair amount of WL-> Accepts with solid LSATs and 3.5ish GPAs. I don't know how this compares to other schools, but it seems like NYU has quite a bit of WL action.

http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/applica ... r=desc&p=5

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:51 pm

If you read the thread from last year, it seems like there was solid action too.

User avatar
cwid1391
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby cwid1391 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Did NYU just add captcha security to anyone else's status checker login?

Edit: Nevermind, it's gone again. wut.

User avatar
dsn32
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby dsn32 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Well, I'm going to pretend NYU doesn't exist in my universe of options at this point. Maybe they'll surprised me, but WL/Ding seems inevitable for a UR date of 10/17. Good luck y'all!

sc-123
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby sc-123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Are any of today's admits (congrats, by the way) from people who applied ED and were deferred to RD? Have people in that situation seen any movement at all? Is the consensus that we're getting waitlisted?

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Volforlife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:07 pm

Just got on the admitted students web site.

Complete 11/14, UR1 ~12/14, UR2 1/29, UR3 1/30

LSN in profile

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chickpea » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:17 pm





Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dianersg, guybourdin, lillawyer2, proteinshake and 16 guests