NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
drh_104
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby drh_104 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:58 pm

My status checker has been stone cold since 11/26. I'd be surprised if I got WL'd since I've already gotten into CLS. I thought for sure it would be the other way around. This cycle is weird

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Volforlife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 pm

risa wrote:
Volforlife wrote:
risa wrote:I was all excited after three days in a row of UR updates shortly after I submitted earlier this month. Nothing since.
[/excitement]


I'm going to act like you didn't say that

¿por que?


Because it scares me. I just want to know my fate at NYU.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Volforlife wrote:
risa wrote:
Volforlife wrote:
risa wrote:I was all excited after three days in a row of UR updates shortly after I submitted earlier this month. Nothing since.
[/excitement]


I'm going to act like you didn't say that

¿por que?


Because it scares me. I just want to know my fate at NYU.


hey pretty similar numbers to you; also got dinged at mich :D

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby digifly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:30 pm

drh_104 wrote:My status checker has been stone cold since 11/26. I'd be surprised if I got WL'd since I've already gotten into CLS. I thought for sure it would be the other way around. This cycle is weird


Same. Well, except for the CLS acceptance. Siiiiiigh.

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Audeamus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Does anyone know when the first RTK interview invites usually roll out? The website just says "Candidates who are selected for interviews will be notified by telephone or email between February and mid-March." I would love a more specific estimation since, you know, I need another law school related decision to obsess over :roll:

User avatar
Omnivalc
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Omnivalc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Stuck at 12/12, second UR date. 172/3.85

User avatar
AngeloPappas
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:55 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby AngeloPappas » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:46 pm

Omnivalc wrote:Stuck at 12/12, second UR date. 172/3.85


+1, the forgotten mid december UR people.

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Volforlife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:46 pm

DLS

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby carboncopyx » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Volforlife wrote:DLS

On a Wednesday? Weird... ASW log-in time, gogogo!

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Volforlife wrote:DLS


ASW that bitch!!


I have a very good feeling about this, Vol. Congrats!!

https://its.law.nyu.edu/admitted/login/ ... /index.cfm

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Volforlife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:50 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
Volforlife wrote:DLS

On a Wednesday? Weird... ASW log-in time, gogogo!


Yep, trying to do it now. Sitting at an airport bar with a cancelled flight. It is going to be a long and drunk day.

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby porch » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:53 pm

AngeloPappas wrote:
Omnivalc wrote:Stuck at 12/12, second UR date. 172/3.85


+1, the forgotten mid december UR people.


Do you think we should email, call, send a letter? I'm starting to think I might do that. Maybe assign another recommendation there, anything to get them looking at my app.

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Volforlife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Can't log in.

damn

User avatar
AngeloPappas
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:55 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby AngeloPappas » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:56 pm

porch wrote:
AngeloPappas wrote:
Omnivalc wrote:Stuck at 12/12, second UR date. 172/3.85


+1, the forgotten mid december UR people.


Do you think we should email, call, send a letter? I'm starting to think I might do that. Maybe assign another recommendation there, anything to get them looking at my app.


I was planning on writing a letter once March hit... I am trying to be zen about this whole situation.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 pm

Volforlife wrote:Can't log in.

damn


It takes a little while. Mine took about an hour I think for me to be able to log in and others have said they couldn't log in until the next day. Don't give up hope.

User avatar
broadstreet11
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby broadstreet11 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 pm

DLS! Two months forgotten in UR updates, so don't lose hope!

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Volforlife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 pm

ph5354a wrote:
Volforlife wrote:Can't log in.

damn


It takes a little while. Mine took about an hour I think for me to be able to log in and others have said they couldn't log in until the next day. Don't give up hope.


OHHH. thank you.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 pm

I'd put money on the fact that you guys are in.

User avatar
AngeloPappas
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:55 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby AngeloPappas » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 pm

broadstreet11 wrote:DLS! Two months forgotten in UR updates, so don't lose hope!


Congrats! I am very happy about this, not entirely for selfish reasons.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Volforlife wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
Volforlife wrote:Can't log in.

damn


It takes a little while. Mine took about an hour I think for me to be able to log in and others have said they couldn't log in until the next day. Don't give up hope.


OHHH. thank you.


Besides, with broadstreet going DLS today too, you're in good company :D

http://mylsn.info/whenwilliknow.php It also doesn't look like NYU does a lot of rejections until later on.

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Volforlife » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:05 pm

ph5354a wrote:
Besides, with broadstreet going DLS today too, you're in good company :D .


This. This makes me feel better.

1239152
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 1239152 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 pm

DLS! Is there a possibility that this is a ding? Or are all DLS people admits?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby az21833 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:09 pm

your all in, no dings this early id otn think

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby carboncopyx » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:09 pm

1239152 wrote:DLS! Is there a possibility that this is a ding? Or are all DLS people admits?

Generally, this early on, DLS usually means admit.

User avatar
remix
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:44 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby remix » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:12 pm

Looks like they're handling the October/Nov URs first. Hopefully they move on to Dec. soon!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lmcghee, sonyco, texteach, TudoBem, zeglo and 10 guests