NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
risa

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby risa » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:05 am

risa wrote:Congrats, admits!
I only applied on Jan 20 and have already gotten UR1 on Jan 23rd and UR2 on Jan 24th. Is it normal for the NYU date to update everyday like Michigan's status check?

UR update again today. Is a UR3 without a call a bad sign?

TLSPoster32

Postby TLSPoster32 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:29 am

Trying to contribute:

Submit mid-Oct, Complete mid-Oct, admitted 1/10. Non-KJD, non-URM, out of UG 2+ years, LSAT above median, GPA below median.

spyke123

Postby spyke123 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:12 am

TLSPoster32 wrote:Trying to contribute:

Submit mid-Oct, Complete mid-Oct, admitted 1/10. Non-KJD, non-URM, out of UG 2+ years, LSAT above median, GPA below median.

Congrats!

You bring me hope.. I think you are like the only guy admitted in jan who did not submit late dec/jan.

pedestrian

Postby pedestrian » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:00 pm

Audeamus wrote:Not sure whether those of you who have been waiting for awhile applied for any scholarships, but, if not, they might have prioritized those applicants who did. Not because they favor them. Just because, if accepted, their files needed to be passed off to another committee to review in time for interview invitations.

I like that theory, but I applied for all but one scholarship and I'm one of the UR2 12/26 limbolanders. I think that I am most likely in the waitlist/ding pile, but I'm holding onto the hope that I'm in the "let's think about it a bit longer" pile.

Audeamus

Postby Audeamus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:06 pm

pedestrian wrote:
Audeamus wrote:Not sure whether those of you who have been waiting for awhile applied for any scholarships, but, if not, they might have prioritized those applicants who did. Not because they favor them. Just because, if accepted, their files needed to be passed off to another committee to review in time for interview invitations.

I like that theory, but I applied for all but one scholarship and I'm one of the UR2 12/26 limbolanders. I think that I am most likely in the waitlist/ding pile, but I'm holding onto the hope that I'm in the "let's think about it a bit longer" pile.

sorry to hear that :( I was trying to be optimistic for those still waiting to hear. I do know that the number of people that read each application varies at NYU. Maybe some of those people are taking longer to get through their piles than others.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 pm

NYU is making me ridiculously nervous. I went complete 1/4 and am still stuck with no decision. I have auto-admit numbers.

I am worried that since I submitted 12/31 to meet the scholarships deadline, they might be considering my old LSAT score instead. I emailed them after Dec. scores were released and got a template form email back saying that "December LSAT scores have been released to our office." I wish there was a way to ask them again without saying, "You haven't admitted me yet, so I'm worried you're looking at the wrong information."

Alternatively, one of my profs impaled me in an LoR... but I don't think that's likely.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 pm

They got your score; don't worry about it.

spyke123

Postby spyke123 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:05 pm

TripTrip wrote:NYU is making me ridiculously nervous. I went complete 1/4 and am still stuck with no decision. I have auto-admit numbers.

I am worried that since I submitted 12/31 to meet the scholarships deadline, they might be considering my old LSAT score instead. I emailed them after Dec. scores were released and got a template form email back saying that "December LSAT scores have been released to our office." I wish there was a way to ask them again without saying, "You haven't admitted me yet, so I'm worried you're looking at the wrong information."

Alternatively, one of my profs impaled me in an LoR... but I don't think that's likely.

I think our time will come this week? (also with above median numbers) no way NYU will reject/WL us right?.... sigh..
Last edited by spyke123 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:07 pm

TripTrip wrote:NYU is making me ridiculously nervous. I went complete 1/4 and am still stuck with no decision. I have auto-admit numbers.

I don't blame you at all for being anxious given your numbers, but I don't think you realistically have anything to worry about. Any C&F issues, deans cert, etc? I'd wait until after this weeks batch and then next week, think of an excuse to call and verify that they got your second score.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 pm

ph5354a wrote:

I don't blame you at all for being anxious given your numbers, but I don't think you realistically have anything to worry about. Any C&F issues, deans cert, etc? I'd wait until after this weeks batch and then next week, think of an excuse to call and verify that they got your second score.

Thanks; that's probably what I'll do. The only C&F was a traffic ticket (if NYU included that... I don't remember). I can't think of anything that would stand out negatively on my app, other than the retake.

I'd feel a lot better going into February with an NYU acceptance. -.-

Jpreece59

Postby Jpreece59 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:49 pm

TripTrip wrote:
ph5354a wrote:

Thanks; that's probably what I'll do. The only C&F was a traffic ticket (if NYU included that... I don't remember). I can't think of anything that would stand out negatively on my app, other than the retake.

I'd feel a lot better going into February with an NYU acceptance. -.-

I'll trade you LSAT scores for my NYU acceptance

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:20 pm

Jpreece59 wrote:I'll trade you LSAT scores for my NYU acceptance

Touché.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Jpreece59 wrote:I'll trade you LSAT scores for my NYU acceptance

Touché.

Enjoy YHS, bro.

beautyistruth

Postby beautyistruth » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:08 am

So for the people who got the phone call. Do they mention if you got offered money, or do you not find that out until you get the snail mail?

MCFC

Postby MCFC » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:09 am

beautyistruth wrote:So for the people who got the phone call. Do they mention if you got offered money, or do you not find that out until you get the snail mail?

Neither, I think. I believe money isn't awarded until April?

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am

MCFC wrote:
beautyistruth wrote:So for the people who got the phone call. Do they mention if you got offered money, or do you not find that out until you get the snail mail?

That's what I've heard. March or April for the Dean's Scholarships, earlier for the named scholarships.

OscarVeal

Postby OscarVeal » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:11 pm

ph5354a wrote:
MCFC wrote:

That's what I've heard. March or April for the Dean's Scholarships, earlier for the named scholarships.

Just curious to see if anyone in the mid-December UR boat has seen any movement yet. Any information to suggest we may hear this week?

az21833

Postby az21833 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 pm

ph5354a wrote:
MCFC wrote:

No, later for the named. Interviews for named are march and april - dean schollys come out with finaid packages in march.

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:31 pm

az21833 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
MCFC wrote:

No, later for the named. Interviews for named are march and april - dean schollys come out with finaid packages in march.

Yeah that's right, I was thinking about the interviews. I think it's interesting that the deadline for Need Access is April 15, even though that's required for institutional scholarships and they often release scholarship info in March. I plan on getting that bitch filled out asap.

joiedevivre18

Postby joiedevivre18 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Anyone know if we need to fill out Need Access for the named scholarships?

megagnarley

Postby megagnarley » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:29 pm

OscarVeal wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
MCFC wrote:

Just curious to see if anyone in the mid-December UR boat has seen any movement yet. Any information to suggest we may hear this week?

I've moved to UR2 last week but I'm also WL material so you might not want to be in company with me.

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:32 pm

joiedevivre18 wrote:Anyone know if we need to fill out Need Access for the named scholarships?

It's unclear...on the admitted students financial aid page where it lists and describes all the named scholarships and other institutional aid, it says "To apply for any institutional aid, you must complete the Need Access Financial Aid Application." But in reference specifically to the named scholarships, it only says "Students must apply for these scholarships during the admissions application process, following the instructions and submitting all required materials."

I'm going to assume that if it's necessary to have the Need Access filled out prior to being considered for one of the named scholarships, they would make that pretty clear. It's possible that they select people for interviews without considering the Need Access form or FAFSA, but make final decisions once they have that information.

http://www.law.nyu.edu/admittedstudents ... /index.htm

sonny

Postby sonny » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Ding

roflmaozedong

Postby roflmaozedong » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Got a letter in the mail today saying I got a Vanderbilt Scholarship, full tuition. I thought you had to apply for the NYU named scholarships? :shock: I haven't seen this mentioned before in the thread about T-14 full rides.

one_by_one

Postby one_by_one » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Last edited by one_by_one on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”