NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hryu2
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby hryu2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:39 pm

amsong wrote:
BigZuck wrote:ITT: people misunderstand what a LOCI is meant for.

To be fair though people are doing that in just about every thread right now.

Btw first went UR in November, UR2 in early December. DJ and I win.


Wait, me too, me too.


+1
UR2 @ 12/14.

Probably Dinged..?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby az21833 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:05 pm

when do the named schollys interview - march/april?

and do dean shollys come with finaid packages?

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Jaqen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:12 pm

az21833 wrote:when do the named schollys interview - march/april?

and do dean shollys come with finaid packages?


About half of the named schollies have interviews in the first week of April, the other half "March or April."

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:28 pm

I wonder if one admissions minion has to sit down and write all those post-it notes...

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby carboncopyx » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:30 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:I wonder if one admissions minion has to sit down and write all those post-it notes...

You mean it's not actually written by Kenneth Kleinrock????

/ragequit

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 am

jessicayaaay wrote:I've registered for the Feb LSAT to try to raise my score in case I get waitlisted. Should/do I have to inform adcomm about this? Thanks in advance!

I don't think it would hurt. I know with the December test, I had the option of asking schools to hold my application for review until my second score came back, so you could try that if you're worried about getting dinged, but I don't know if they'll do that since your score will come back after the deadline. I would just call the schools, tell them you're taking the Feb. test, and ask what the procedure is if you receive a decision before your score comes back. Good luck!

efin12
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby efin12 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:38 am

Status checker just updated to Decision letter sent and I was able to log into the admitted students website. I guess that means I'm in :D

Sent 1/7/13
Received 1/14/13
UR1 1/16/13
UR2 1/22/13
Decision 1/24/13

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:45 am

efin12 wrote:Status checker just updated to Decision letter sent and I was able to log into the admitted students website. I guess that means I'm in :D

Sent 1/7/13
Received 1/14/13
UR1 1/16/13
UR2 1/22/13
Decision 1/24/13


Congratulations!!! Looks like NYU is all about the Thursday's this year.

User avatar
bob loblaw11
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bob loblaw11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:47 am

DLS and admitted students page. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby FlowBro » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:49 am

bob loblaw11 wrote:DLS and admitted students page. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.


I need them to show me some of that love!! UR1 since 1/14

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:49 am

bob loblaw11 wrote:DLS and admitted students page. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.


Congrats!!!! NYU was one of your first choices right?

lawprospie
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lawprospie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:49 am

where's the site guys...I just went DLS. I'm freaking out too much to search

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:50 am

lawprospie wrote:where's the site guys...I just went DLS. I'm freaking out too much to search


https://its.law.nyu.edu/admitted/login/ ... /index.cfm

Remember to include the L in your LSAC # and the / in your birth date.

lawprospie
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lawprospie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 am

OMMMGGGGGGG I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm at work and I'm about to die.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby comeonletsgo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 am

Congrats everyone!


I'm just hoping for WL. I would ride that WL until the very end.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 am

lawprospie wrote:OMMMGGGGGGG I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm at work and I'm about to die.


Don't die because then you won't be able to come with us to NYU!! Congrats!!!!

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:56 am

New admits --come join us in this blessed thread as we await the most sacred of all pizza boxes.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=199600&start=150

User avatar
bob loblaw11
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bob loblaw11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:00 pm

ph5354a wrote:
bob loblaw11 wrote:DLS and admitted students page. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.


Congrats!!!! NYU was one of your first choices right?

Thank you so much! It is definitely a top choice, particularly because I'm interested in IP Law and already live in NY and have a lot of roots here. Not to mention I was an UG at NYU and have amassed an impressive collection of royal purple clothing.

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chickpea » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Congrats!!!!!

mm3456
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby mm3456 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 pm

Should've posted this last month, but better late than never...

Sent 11/30
Complete 12/3
DLS 12/13

User avatar
AngeloPappas
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:55 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby AngeloPappas » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:04 pm

So, since I've been UR since mid December does this mean I'm headed for the waitlist?

User avatar
UtilityMonster
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby UtilityMonster » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Does NYU partly reimburse people for the cost of airfair to the ASW? I was planning to go March 7th.

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby VeeD101 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:46 pm

UtilityMonster wrote:Does NYU partly reimburse people for the cost of airfair to the ASW? I was planning to go March 7th.


viewtopic.php?f=8&t=200592

User avatar
Rory19
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Rory19 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:00 pm

ph5354a wrote:
jessicayaaay wrote:I've registered for the Feb LSAT to try to raise my score in case I get waitlisted. Should/do I have to inform adcomm about this? Thanks in advance!

I don't think it would hurt. I know with the December test, I had the option of asking schools to hold my application for review until my second score came back, so you could try that if you're worried about getting dinged, but I don't know if they'll do that since your score will come back after the deadline. I would just call the schools, tell them you're taking the Feb. test, and ask what the procedure is if you receive a decision before your score comes back. Good luck!


I am in the same situation and I spoke to admissions yesterday about it--they said their system is linked to LSAC and they already were notified of my February retake. They also said that it is their policy to automatically hold my application in that situation until my February score is released.

User avatar
h_jane_w
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby h_jane_w » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:09 pm

bob loblaw11 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
bob loblaw11 wrote:DLS and admitted students page. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.


Congrats!!!! NYU was one of your first choices right?

and have amassed an impressive collection of royal purple clothing.


awesome. congrats to all the new admits!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Google Adsense [Bot], Long shot hero, mccracal, okf731, Pomegranate27 and 14 guests