NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby shntn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:34 pm

WalkingPlato wrote:No offense, but I'm loving all you splitters that are applying. 3.4x and 178? I'm around 3.95 and 166... I'm hoping one of you, once accepted, will entice the admission people into accepting me to even out the numbers..

Haha, glad I could (potentially) help! They'll need someone to smooth out my 3.46.

WalkingPlato
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby WalkingPlato » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:40 pm

shntn wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:No offense, but I'm loving all you splitters that are applying. 3.4x and 178? I'm around 3.95 and 166... I'm hoping one of you, once accepted, will entice the admission people into accepting me to even out the numbers..

Haha, glad I could (potentially) help! They'll need someone to smooth out my 3.46.


I went complete early January so I'm gonna be waiting for a while.. wish I applied sooner. Thought there was no way I could get in but then noticed on law school numbers that some close to my numbers were getting in and a current NYU student said they were being hit hard by the low app numbers... wish I applied sooner.

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby spyke123 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:12 am

WalkingPlato wrote:
shntn wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:No offense, but I'm loving all you splitters that are applying. 3.4x and 178? I'm around 3.95 and 166... I'm hoping one of you, once accepted, will entice the admission people into accepting me to even out the numbers..

Haha, glad I could (potentially) help! They'll need someone to smooth out my 3.46.


I went complete early January so I'm gonna be waiting for a while.. wish I applied sooner. Thought there was no way I could get in but then noticed on law school numbers that some close to my numbers were getting in and a current NYU student said they were being hit hard by the low app numbers... wish I applied sooner.


I bet you wont have to wait long, a plenty of Jan submits got in already. Good luck!

LLLPLLL
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LLLPLLL » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:27 am

ksd2138 wrote:
Chair wrote:
WhiskeynCoke wrote:Anyone else been stuck on UR with no updates since 11/5? Starting to think they forgot about me.

- 179/3.47 by the way


Yeah I've been UR since 11/20.

I'm just below your numbers: 178/3.45


UR since 11/12, 175/3.56.


11/5 +1, 171/3.82

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby risa » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:06 am

Throwing my hat in the ring way late... Just submitted. I'm a fool and put it off because I kept meaning to write the extra essays for RTK. Then I missed the RTK deadline. I keep trying to make myself feel better by reminding myself I had no shot at a full public interest scholarship anyways, but I'm still pretty frustrated with myself! Now I'm submitting my NYU app two months later than the rest of my applications for no good reason since I missed the RTK deadline anyways! :oops:

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Jaqen » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:59 am

Chair wrote:Yeah I've been UR since 11/20.

I'm just below your numbers: 178/3.45


I'm also stuck on 11/20. 172/3.9

risa wrote:Throwing my hat in the ring way late... Just submitted. I'm a fool and put it off because I kept meaning to write the extra essays for RTK. Then I missed the RTK deadline. I keep trying to make myself feel better by reminding myself I had no shot at a full public interest scholarship anyways, but I'm still pretty frustrated with myself! Now I'm submitting my NYU app two months later than the rest of my applications for no good reason since I missed the RTK deadline anyways! :oops:


NYU lets people submit essays via email after having submitted apps.

No guarantees this will work, but this was posted four days ago in this thread:

az21833 wrote:also, they said that you CAN still submit essays for named scholarships. just email admissions and they will give you a form to fill out. everybody should do this if they havn't already.


I'd say it's worth a shot! :)

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby risa » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 am

Jaqen wrote:NYU lets people submit essays via email after having submitted apps.

No guarantees this will work, but this was posted four days ago in this thread:

az21833 wrote:also, they said that you CAN still submit essays for named scholarships. just email admissions and they will give you a form to fill out. everybody should do this if they havn't already.


I'd say it's worth a shot! :)


whoa. thanks for this.

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby spyke123 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am

Jaqen wrote:
Chair wrote:Yeah I've been UR since 11/20.

I'm just below your numbers: 178/3.45


I'm also stuck on 11/20. 172/3.9

risa wrote:Throwing my hat in the ring way late... Just submitted. I'm a fool and put it off because I kept meaning to write the extra essays for RTK. Then I missed the RTK deadline. I keep trying to make myself feel better by reminding myself I had no shot at a full public interest scholarship anyways, but I'm still pretty frustrated with myself! Now I'm submitting my NYU app two months later than the rest of my applications for no good reason since I missed the RTK deadline anyways! :oops:


NYU lets people submit essays via email after having submitted apps.

No guarantees this will work, but this was posted four days ago in this thread:

az21833 wrote:also, they said that you CAN still submit essays for named scholarships. just email admissions and they will give you a form to fill out. everybody should do this if they havn't already.


I'd say it's worth a shot! :)


woah, looks like there are plenty of people with solid numbers still waiting.. cmon NYU!

hryu2
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby hryu2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:43 pm

LLLPLLL wrote:
ksd2138 wrote:
Chair wrote:
WhiskeynCoke wrote:Anyone else been stuck on UR with no updates since 11/5? Starting to think they forgot about me.

- 179/3.47 by the way


Yeah I've been UR since 11/20.

I'm just below your numbers: 178/3.45


UR since 11/12, 175/3.56.


11/5 +1, 171/3.82
Last edited by hryu2 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
porch
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby porch » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:47 pm

hryu2 wrote:
UR since 12/14,
170/3.79

I have no hope..? :cry:


UR since two days before you. :cry: :cry:

NYU should just love us all

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby az21833 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 pm

How long after your admit phone call did you guys receive your letter in mail? I don't believe it until its in writing

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chickpea » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:57 pm

az21833 wrote:How long after your admit phone call did you guys receive your letter in mail? I don't believe it until its in writing


Mine arrived a couple of days after the call but I live in NYC. The pizza box came a week later but was worth the wait.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby az21833 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Im in nyc too? Pizza box?

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chickpea » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:08 pm

az21833 wrote:Im in nyc too? Pizza box?


You'll receive the letter a couple of business days after you're accepted. A week or possibly more after that you'll receive a cardboard box (NYU claims the shape is inspired by Greenwich Village's pizza boxes) filled with another letter, a booklet about the school's faculty, a booklet about what it's like attending law school in NYC, a copy of the school's magazine and some NYU Law 2016 post-it notes.

GoldenGriffin
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby GoldenGriffin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Jaqen wrote:
Chair wrote:Yeah I've been UR since 11/20.

I'm just below your numbers: 178/3.45


I'm also stuck on 11/20. 172/3.9



I'd say it's worth a shot! :)

I submitted about the same time as you with slightly lower numbers. 171, 3.89. I received an accepted just a couple weeks later, extremely quick turn around. Take it for what it's worth.

lawschoolboundfuture
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:31 am

When should we hear about scholarships?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby az21833 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 am

chickpea wrote:
az21833 wrote:Im in nyc too? Pizza box?


You'll receive the letter a couple of business days after you're accepted. A week or possibly more after that you'll receive a cardboard box (NYU claims the shape is inspired by Greenwich Village's pizza boxes) filled with another letter, a booklet about the school's faculty, a booklet about what it's like attending law school in NYC, a copy of the school's magazine and some NYU Law 2016 post-it notes.


thank you!!

User avatar
joiedevivre18
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby joiedevivre18 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 am

lawschoolboundfuture wrote:When should we hear about scholarships?


I'm under the impression that this will happen between late Feb and April. Can anyone confirm or provide any more info?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby TripTrip » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 am

joiedevivre18 wrote:
lawschoolboundfuture wrote:When should we hear about scholarships?


I'm under the impression that this will happen between late Feb and April. Can anyone confirm or provide any more info?

Depends on the scholarship you're talking about. A lot of the named ones interview in April.

ellieo444
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ellieo444 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:08 am

Decision letter sent 1/17 - able to log in to the admitted students page, but no letter yet? I live in NYC, should I be worried or can I safely assume I'm in if I can get into the portal?? gahh I just need to see it in writing!!!

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby carboncopyx » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 am

ellieo444 wrote:Decision letter sent 1/17 - able to log in to the admitted students page, but no letter yet? I live in NYC, should I be worried or can I safely assume I'm in if I can get into the portal?? gahh I just need to see it in writing!!!

You're in. You also should have gotten a phone call the day you got in, so maybe check your voicemail. Congrats!

lawgal2016
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lawgal2016 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 am

Checking in...Complete 1/3, UR1 1/4, UR2 1/22

ellieo444
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ellieo444 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 pm

carboncopyx wrote:
ellieo444 wrote:Decision letter sent 1/17 - able to log in to the admitted students page, but no letter yet? I live in NYC, should I be worried or can I safely assume I'm in if I can get into the portal?? gahh I just need to see it in writing!!!

You're in. You also should have gotten a phone call the day you got in, so maybe check your voicemail. Congrats!



Thanks!!! Weird, no VM on my cell. Hopefully the letter will come soon!! Thanks so much, I can relax a bit now! Crazy quick turn around time, I didn't submit my app until 1/8/2013...

User avatar
domino
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby domino » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:39 pm

ellieo444 wrote:
Thanks!!! Weird, no VM on my cell. Hopefully the letter will come soon!! Thanks so much, I can relax a bit now! Crazy quick turn around time, I didn't submit my app until 1/8/2013...


My call didn't come until the next day, so you might get it later. Congrats!!

esperanza11
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby esperanza11 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Any JD/MBA's out there? I've been checking the status daily and it's been under review for nearly two weeks now. Basically I look like a loon running to check my mail every night and am praying for something positive!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Keilz and 21 guests