NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Jpreece59

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Jpreece59 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Submitted 1/4
UR1 1/7
UR2 1/14
DLS 1/17

And I can sign into admitted students, so I guess I'm feeling good right now.

User avatar
chickpea

Bronze
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chickpea » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Congratulations to the new admits and best of luck to those still waiting - this cycle's not even close to being over yet!

User avatar
porch

Bronze
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby porch » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 pm

chickpea wrote:Congratulations to the new admits and best of luck to those still waiting - this cycle's not even close to being over yet!


I hope. I think i'm going to start crying every time I look at my status checker and its still stuck at UR1 12/12

User avatar
bob loblaw11

Bronze
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bob loblaw11 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:40 pm

^ Seriously. I could really use a drink at work while I see these acceptances pile on :?

User avatar
chickpea

Bronze
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chickpea » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:42 pm

porch wrote:
chickpea wrote:Congratulations to the new admits and best of luck to those still waiting - this cycle's not even close to being over yet!


I hope. I think i'm going to start crying every time I look at my status checker and its still stuck at UR1 12/12


I wouldn't worry too much. Your numbers are great and, as some previous poster said, the admissions office has piles of applications in its office that may or may not be organized in some kind of logical way. It's totally possible that they just haven't had a chance to take another look at your application yet.

User avatar
JamesDean1955

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:45 pm

bob loblaw11 wrote:^ Seriously. I could really use a drink at work while I see these acceptances pile on :?


Seconded.

gauchobetch

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:06 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby gauchobetch » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:47 pm

soooooo if it says DLS and i can sign in to the admitted students website, i'm in??

mcb0902

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby mcb0902 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Yah.

User avatar
JamesDean1955

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 pm

gauchobetch wrote:soooooo if it says DLS and i can sign in to the admitted students website, i'm in??


Yes, congrats!

And this isn't aimed at you personally, but I really think this bit of info should be added to the OP in big bright letters so that people aren't asking this every other 10-20 posts throughout this thread...

User avatar
Jpreece59

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Jpreece59 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:51 pm

gauchobetch wrote:soooooo if it says DLS and i can sign in to the admitted students website, i'm in??


this is what I'm hoping at least

User avatar
carboncopyx

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby carboncopyx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Signed in!

Submit: 1/3
UR1: sometime before 1/9 (didn't check until that day and was surprised to see that)
UR2: 1/14
DLS: 1/17

Two weeks... nice work, NYU! Congrats to all the other new admits! :)

User avatar
Jaqen

Silver
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Jaqen » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:54 pm

djwjddl wrote:should i send in an LOCI or something? people w/ similar stats who submitted way later have been getting in and i've been in 12/3 purgatory since well....12/3 :)


I'm still UR1 from 11/20! :evil:
Last edited by Jaqen on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cobretti

Gold
Posts: 2594
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Cobretti » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:55 pm

carboncopyx wrote:Signed in!

Submit: 1/3
UR1: sometime before 1/9 (didn't check until that day and was surprised to see that)
UR2: 1/14
DLS: 1/17

Two weeks... nice work, NYU! Congrats to all the other new admits! :)


Grats carbon!

mcb0902

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby mcb0902 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:56 pm

Jpreece59 wrote:this is what I'm hoping at least


No need to hope. If you can log into the ASW, you are an admitted student. Simple as that.

User avatar
jcan91

Bronze
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby jcan91 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:59 pm

facile princeps wrote:Just received an email with the subject "NYU School of Law Financial Aid Application is Available." For all the admitted po' folks, it's time for us to fill out some forms.

Congrats to new admits and good luck to those still waiting.


Got that right :D

housebro13

Bronze
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby housebro13 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:03 pm

jcan91 wrote:
facile princeps wrote:Just received an email with the subject "NYU School of Law Financial Aid Application is Available." For all the admitted po' folks, it's time for us to fill out some forms.

Congrats to new admits and good luck to those still waiting.


Got that right :D


Already started mine lol

User avatar
chickpea

Bronze
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chickpea » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:03 pm

housebro13 wrote:
jcan91 wrote:
facile princeps wrote:Just received an email with the subject "NYU School of Law Financial Aid Application is Available." For all the admitted po' folks, it's time for us to fill out some forms.

Congrats to new admits and good luck to those still waiting.


Got that right :D


Already started mine lol


+1 :)

User avatar
JamesDean1955

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:08 pm

jcan91 wrote:
facile princeps wrote:Just received an email with the subject "NYU School of Law Financial Aid Application is Available." For all the admitted po' folks, it's time for us to fill out some forms.

Congrats to new admits and good luck to those still waiting.


Got that right :D


So NYU uses need access and their own form? I always thought schools used one or the other, damn now I have to check other schools.

LRGhost

Gold
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:20 pm

:( :( :( so sad I didn't go UR2 on 1/14. Does anyone have any experience with going UR1 and then UR2 like a day or two after? I feel like it's just them opening up the file that updates it, but who knows.

User avatar
bitsy

Bronze
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bitsy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Wormfather wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Signed in!

Submit: 1/3
UR1: sometime before 1/9 (didn't check until that day and was surprised to see that)
UR2: 1/14
DLS: 1/17

Two weeks... nice work, NYU! Congrats to all the other new admits! :)


Grats!!!

User avatar
sinfiery

Gold
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby sinfiery » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:24 pm

bitsy wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Signed in!

Submit: 1/3
UR1: sometime before 1/9 (didn't check until that day and was surprised to see that)
UR2: 1/14
DLS: 1/17

Two weeks... nice work, NYU! Congrats to all the other new admits! :)


Grats!!!

jen1park

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby jen1park » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Jaqen wrote:
djwjddl wrote:should i send in an LOCI or something? people w/ similar stats who submitted way later have been getting in and i've been in 12/3 purgatory since well....12/3 :)


I'm still UR1 from 11/20! :evil:


10/16. Ummm what? :?:

User avatar
trojandave

Bronze
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby trojandave » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:34 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:
jcan91 wrote:
facile princeps wrote:Just received an email with the subject "NYU School of Law Financial Aid Application is Available." For all the admitted po' folks, it's time for us to fill out some forms.

Congrats to new admits and good luck to those still waiting.


Got that right :D


So NYU uses need access and their own form? I always thought schools used one or the other, damn now I have to check other schools.


I don't think they have their own, I think they just use NeedAccess

spyke123

Bronze
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby spyke123 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:38 pm

LRGhost wrote::( :( :( so sad I didn't go UR2 on 1/14. Does anyone have any experience with going UR1 and then UR2 like a day or two after? I feel like it's just them opening up the file that updates it, but who knows.


I am with you.. I guess we kind of missed the boat..

I am above both medians so I was really hoping I would hear back today.. beginning to worry that something is really wrong with my apps.. :shock:

bbsg

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bbsg » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:08 pm

DLS! Can't log into the ASW though..

3.88/175, submitted 1/7.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests