NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sd1234
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby sd1234 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:49 am

If my status checker says DLS, is there anyway i can tell if I'm in or not before the letter gets to me? I'm in the developing world with crappy mail service, so itll be a really long time til I get it...

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby NoodleyOne » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 am

Try to log in to the ASW.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 am

sd1234 wrote:If my status checker says DLS, is there anyway i can tell if I'm in or not before the letter gets to me? I'm in the developing world with crappy mail service, so itll be a really long time til I get it...

Check the admitted students website!! There are directions on this thread a few pages back. You need your DOB and your LSAC account number. Did you get DLS today or is this hypothetical?

sd1234
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby sd1234 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 am

how do i do that?

sd1234
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby sd1234 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:52 am

oh no....i found the website, and i can't log in :(

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:54 am

sd1234 wrote:oh no....i found the website, and i can't log in :(

Don't off yourself, for most people it takes a few hours, sometimes a day. You have two choices here: 1) relax, and check the website again in 4-5 hours and then again tomorrow. 2) refresh the website every 2 seconds for the next 24 hours.

ETA: Also make sure you're putting your info in the right format (I believe you include the slashes in the date, MM/DD/YYYY, and the L in the acct #).
Last edited by ph5354a on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

sd1234
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby sd1234 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:56 am

ahh ok. i thought it was immediate. i would take option #2 if i werent at work haha. ok. deep breaths. thanks for all this quick info, you guys are awesome.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby carboncopyx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:59 am

Whoa. I also have DLS as my status. O_O Is NYU not one of those schools that calls you...?

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:00 am

carboncopyx wrote:Whoa. I also have DLS as my status. O_O Is NYU not one of those schools that calls you...?

Holy mother of God you submitted 1/3 right??


ETA: I'M DLSDLSDLSDLSDLSDLSDLS :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by ph5354a on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby carboncopyx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 am

ph5354a wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Whoa. I also have DLS as my status. O_O Is NYU not one of those schools that calls you...?

Holy mother of God you submitted 1/3 right??

Correct. That was super fast. Let's hope it's not a superfast rejection, ha...

User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby pedestrian » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 am

ph5354a wrote:
sd1234 wrote:oh no....i found the website, and i can't log in :(

Don't off yourself, for most people it takes a few hours, sometimes a day. You have two choices here: 1) relax, and check the website again in 4-5 hours and then again tomorrow. 2) refresh the website every 2 seconds for the next 24 hours.

ETA: Also make sure you're putting your info in the right format (I believe you include the slashes in the date, MM/DD/YYYY, and the L in the acct #).


Please, I already chose #2 and I don't even have DLS

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 am

carboncopyx wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Whoa. I also have DLS as my status. O_O Is NYU not one of those schools that calls you...?

Holy mother of God you submitted 1/3 right??

Correct. That was super fast. Let's hope it's not a superfast rejection, ha...


You bite your tongue. We both know that's not what's happening.

sd1234
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby sd1234 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:02 am

ph5354a wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Whoa. I also have DLS as my status. O_O Is NYU not one of those schools that calls you...?

Holy mother of God you submitted 1/3 right??


ETA: I'M DLSDLSDLSDLSDLSDLSDLS :D :D :D :D :D


I submitted 1/2, still can't log on

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby carboncopyx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:04 am

Yeah, I can't log in, either, but I'm just going to assume things take a while to update technologically...

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 am

carboncopyx wrote:Yeah, I can't log in, either, but I'm just going to assume things take a while to update technologically...



I couldn't either for a little while, never got a phone call, and had a lightning fast turnaround. They are ON this cycle. Assume you're in!

Chaucer1343
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Chaucer1343 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 am

steakandchicken wrote:
Chaucer1343 wrote:UR2!


Me too - we've got very similar stats, I'm 166/3.95 so I wonder if we're moving through the same pile?

Complete 1/6
UR1 - 1/7
UR2 - 1/16

Either way, best of luck to you. Here's to reverse splitters everywhere!


Cheers to that! Holistic love is in the air!!!

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Yeah, I can't log in, either, but I'm just going to assume things take a while to update technologically...



I couldn't either for a little while, never got a phone call, and had a lightning fast turnaround. They are ON this cycle. Assume you're in!


Can you define "little while" for me?

sorry my OCD is going to show through in embarrassing ways over the next few hours.

User avatar
joiedevivre18
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby joiedevivre18 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 am

Also DLS!

Submitted 12/1, UR1 12/3, UR2 12/14, DLS today.

sd1234
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby sd1234 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:18 am

ph5354a wrote:
sorry my OCD is going to show through in embarrassing ways over the next few hours.


+1

User avatar
joiedevivre18
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby joiedevivre18 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:21 am

Here's the admitted students website for anyone who's looking:

https://its.law.nyu.edu/admitted/login/ ... /index.cfm

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:30 am

ph5354a wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
carboncopyx wrote:Yeah, I can't log in, either, but I'm just going to assume things take a while to update technologically...



I couldn't either for a little while, never got a phone call, and had a lightning fast turnaround. They are ON this cycle. Assume you're in!


Can you define "little while" for me?

sorry my OCD is going to show through in embarrassing ways over the next few hours.



An hour or two? Sorry I can't be more specific.

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby fallingup » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 am

hmm, this is all worrying. I submitted my NYU application last Monday or Tuesday and haven't even gotten an application received email.

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chickpea » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 am

I think it took about an hour for me. The phone call didn't come until several hours later. I'm pretty sure you guys are all in :)

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:37 am

ASW log-in works for me!! :D :D :D

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby chickpea » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:39 am

Congratulations!!!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”