NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
tyler.durden
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby tyler.durden » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:42 am

shntn wrote:
lsacqueen wrote:I've been UR since 10/5ish and just checked my status ==> updated to UR 10/16. Not sure how many updates this is, but again, does this mean we RD folks may hear back in early November?

Mine updated on the 16th as well, though I'm still mentally prepared for a December decision from NYU. I'd rather assume it's coming then and be pleasantly surprised if it comes earlier.


same here

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Rahviveh » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:14 pm

shntn wrote:
lsacqueen wrote:I've been UR since 10/5ish and just checked my status ==> updated to UR 10/16. Not sure how many updates this is, but again, does this mean we RD folks may hear back in early November?

Mine updated on the 16th as well, though I'm still mentally prepared for a December decision from NYU. I'd rather assume it's coming then and be pleasantly surprised if it comes earlier.


I updated to the 18th. Its unlikely we will hear before the ED deadline - but its possible we'll get decisions earlier than last year, possibly late November (before the Chi/CLS ED deadlines of Dec 1 would be preferable! 8) :lol: )

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Under review today, 10/23. Just got real!

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby toothbrush » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:46 pm

If we apply by the end of October RD when do we usually find out? And that's still "very early" in the grand scheme of things, right ?

User avatar
syr1990
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby syr1990 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Checking in. Is anyone else writing a "Why NYU" addendum? Good idea or not so much? I'm going up to visit NYU in a few weeks, hopefully that will help me write this addendum.

florida1949
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby florida1949 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:54 pm

syr1990 wrote:Checking in. Is anyone else writing a "Why NYU" addendum? Good idea or not so much? I'm going up to visit NYU in a few weeks, hopefully that will help me write this addendum.


Yeah, I'm curious about this. I'm definitely considering writing one if my LSAT score isn't as good as I'd like.

User avatar
outlookingin
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby outlookingin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:58 pm

For some reason I don't have a tracker for this school, though I have one for the other 8 I am "LSAC complete" for. I was "LSAC Complete" with NYU on October 15th or 16th. Anyone have any ideas?

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 am

toothbrush wrote:If we apply by the end of October RD when do we usually find out? And that's still "very early" in the grand scheme of things, right ?

I think results last year started coming in the beginning of December for applicants who submitted on the early side, and stretched throughout December and January for the rest.
outlookingin wrote:For some reason I don't have a tracker for this school, though I have one for the other 8 I am "LSAC complete" for. I was "LSAC Complete" with NYU on October 15th or 16th. Anyone have any ideas?

NYU takes its sweet time acknowledging your application with a status checker/application received email, and then again takes its time assuring you that your application is complete. It seems like a lot of people here have gone from Application Processing -> Under Review in a short span of time; it took about 3 weeks for me. Last year's thread shows people waiting 6+ weeks before their app was no longer "processing."

User avatar
lsatprepguy
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lsatprepguy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:56 am

sent in my application yesterday. AnBryce scholly would be niceeee :)
Good luck everyone.

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JedBartlett » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:00 pm

Good luck friends.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:48 pm

What does everyone think about EDing and paying sticker for NYU?

User avatar
UtilityMonster
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby UtilityMonster » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:12 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:What does everyone think about EDing and paying sticker for NYU?


I think it depends upon your numbers and your wealth.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:29 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:What does everyone think about EDing and paying sticker for NYU?

It's what I'm aiming for. I guess there's an extremely slim chance I could score an RTK, but for me I think the real hurdle with a median GPA and 1-point-below-median LSAT is just getting in at all.

User avatar
lsatprepguy
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lsatprepguy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:51 pm

02889 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:What does everyone think about EDing and paying sticker for NYU?

It's what I'm aiming for. I guess there's an extremely slim chance I could score an RTK, but for me I think the real hurdle with a median GPA and 1-point-below-median LSAT is just getting in at all.


i don't think your giving yourself enough credit.
ED to NYU with your numbers, at least in my opinion, seems to give you a REALLY good shot at getting in.
ED admit with money, on the other hand, is a different story.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:40 pm

lsatprepguy wrote:
02889 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:What does everyone think about EDing and paying sticker for NYU?

It's what I'm aiming for. I guess there's an extremely slim chance I could score an RTK, but for me I think the real hurdle with a median GPA and 1-point-below-median LSAT is just getting in at all.


i don't think your giving yourself enough credit.
ED to NYU with your numbers, at least in my opinion, seems to give you a REALLY good shot at getting in.
ED admit with money, on the other hand, is a different story.

I would love to believe that, though LSN suggests the waitlist (with a chance at an acceptance down the line) is my likely future. Regardless, I'm going to wrap myself up in the dream of being at NYU next year until they explicitly say thanks but no thanks.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:44 pm

i wish there were more numbers about how oci went last year

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:20 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:i wish there were more numbers about how oci went last year

So do we.
We had a meeting with career services today who said that although things aren't great, they are getting a bit better.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:35 am

Submitted. The waiting game begins...

bailey8078
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bailey8078 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Just submitted my application. It would be awesome to spend 3 years at NYU.

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Mdenis1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Hey guys! I've submitted my app. a while before in November but didnt really check that thread until today. 168 3.92. Out of school for 2 years. Applying for one of their scholarships, AnBryce... is anyone else applying for scholarships?

Good luck everyone!

User avatar
Mdenis1
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Mdenis1 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:08 pm

lsatprepguy wrote:sent in my application yesterday. AnBryce scholly would be niceeee :)
Good luck everyone.


Applying to Anbryce as well good luck! :)

User avatar
astrodoggy
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:01 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby astrodoggy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Visited last week and really enjoyed it. Chill students, engaging professor, convenient locale. Looking forward to getting that app in soon.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:00 pm

astrodoggy wrote:Visited last week and really enjoyed it. Chill students, engaging professor, convenient locale. Looking forward to getting that app in soon.


I'm an undergrad at NYU now so if anyone has questions about the area or anything specific to NYC, please feel free to ask.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Don't forget that things are going to probably be a bit delayed b/c of Sandy. All the nonessential departments here were shut down yesterday and today

ETA: and tomorrow now as well

pastapplicant
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby pastapplicant » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:29 pm

02889 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:What does everyone think about EDing and paying sticker for NYU?

It's what I'm aiming for. I guess there's an extremely slim chance I could score an RTK, but for me I think the real hurdle with a median GPA and 1-point-below-median LSAT is just getting in at all.


I know the consensus here is that ED = sticker, but I myself and a few of my classmates EDed to NYU last year and received generous scholarships so don't count out financial aid completely.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ashrice13, fancyfluter22, Poplar7spruce, ws120 and 7 guests