NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby az21833 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:35 pm

why would u preemptively write a why x for a school that clearly does not yield protect?

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LRGhost » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:44 pm

az21833 wrote:why would u preemptively write a why x for a school that clearly does not yield protect?


For some of us, it's a reach/goal/ideal school and a Why X could help.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby az21833 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:24 pm

makes sense. i should have written t6 why x's in hindsight for this reason

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:43 pm

az21833 wrote:makes sense. i should have written t6 why x's in hindsight for this reason

I'm submitting a why NYU this week via email as sort of a follow up to my app. Especially since I'm basically already planning my move to New York. I CAN TAKE NO CHANCES!!!

ETA: I just realized I already told you this. Also, my autocorrect just corrected you to nyu so clearly I need to reevaluate some things.

User avatar
joiedevivre18
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby joiedevivre18 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 am

Just went UR2, last UR was 12/3.

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby curious66 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 am

joiedevivre18 wrote:Just went UR2, last UR was 12/3.


Lucky you. Hope it is good news. I have not seen any movement since November. .. waiting for the ding.

User avatar
carboncopyx
Posts: 671
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby carboncopyx » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:51 am

joiedevivre18 wrote:Just went UR2, last UR was 12/3.

How does Status Checker distinguish between UR and UR2? Mine just says "Application under review," which I assume is the first one since I submitted quite recently.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:54 am

carboncopyx wrote:
joiedevivre18 wrote:Just went UR2, last UR was 12/3.

How does Status Checker distinguish between UR and UR2? Mine just says "Application under review," which I assume is the first one since I submitted quite recently.

UR2 just means the current status date has changed.

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby djwjddl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:55 am

joiedevivre18 wrote:Just went UR2, last UR was 12/3.


stay away from 12/3 purgatory!!

lawschoolboundfuture
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:03 am

Does NYU really not give out merit money til April? That seems way too late since schools require deposits in April.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Just got ANOTHER UR status date change! I know, it means nothing, but I can't help but get excited when I see that little exclamation point.

User avatar
joiedevivre18
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby joiedevivre18 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:24 pm

djwjddl wrote:
joiedevivre18 wrote:Just went UR2, last UR was 12/3.


stay away from 12/3 purgatory!!


Here's hoping you get some movement soon too! I hated seeing 12/3 on my status checker.

housebro13
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby housebro13 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:26 pm

ph5354a wrote:Just got ANOTHER UR status date change! I know, it means nothing, but I can't help but get excited when I see that little exclamation point.


Well it could mean something. I went UR2 and a few days later, I was accepted. It just varies among applicants.

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby djwjddl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:27 pm

joiedevivre18 wrote:
djwjddl wrote:
joiedevivre18 wrote:Just went UR2, last UR was 12/3.


stay away from 12/3 purgatory!!


Here's hoping you get some movement soon too! I hated seeing 12/3 on my status checker.


not holding my breath :D

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ph5354a » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:28 pm

housebro13 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:Just got ANOTHER UR status date change! I know, it means nothing, but I can't help but get excited when I see that little exclamation point.


Well it could mean something. I went UR2 and a few days later, I was accepted. It just varies among applicants.

Intriguing... I only went UR1 on 1/7 so that would be really fast. It could also be that I just submitted updated transcripts.

User avatar
Jpreece59
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Jpreece59 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Submitted 1/4, UR1 1/7, UR2 1/14.

Is this a good sign?

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby grapefruits » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Jpreece59 wrote:Submitted 1/4, UR1 1/7, UR2 1/14.

Is this a good sign?


No. It means nothing. The only status checker update that you should be concerned about is "Decision Letter Sent." If you see that, try and log into the admitted students website. If you can, congratulations, you have more than likely been admitted.

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby djwjddl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:58 pm

grapefruits wrote:
Jpreece59 wrote:Submitted 1/4, UR1 1/7, UR2 1/14.

Is this a good sign?


No. It means nothing. The only status checker update that you should be concerned about is "Decision Letter Sent." If you see that, try and log into the admitted students website. If you can, congratulations, you have more than likely been admitted.

bbsg
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bbsg » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:43 pm

UR1 today. Submitted 1/7.

Vincenzoajc
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Vincenzoajc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:40 pm

In! Did anyone else get a hand-written sticky on the acceptance letter?

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby grapefruits » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 pm

Vincenzoajc wrote:In! Did anyone else get a hand-written sticky on the acceptance letter?


Everyone, sorry.

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby grapefruits » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:43 pm

djwjddl wrote:
grapefruits wrote:
Jpreece59 wrote:Submitted 1/4, UR1 1/7, UR2 1/14.

Is this a good sign?


No. It means nothing. The only status checker update that you should be concerned about is "Decision Letter Sent." If you see that, try and log into the admitted students website. If you can, congratulations, you have more than likely been admitted.


Dean Revesz speaks!

Vincenzoajc
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Vincenzoajc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:50 pm

grapefruits wrote:
Vincenzoajc wrote:In! Did anyone else get a hand-written sticky on the acceptance letter?


Everyone, sorry.


No need to be sorry! I think that's a really nice touch. It wasn't so generic that it could've been used for each application either.

Anonymous4444
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Anonymous4444 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Yeah I got the hand written post it also

User avatar
longlivetheking
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:15 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby longlivetheking » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:33 am

Vincenzoajc wrote:
grapefruits wrote:
Vincenzoajc wrote:In! Did anyone else get a hand-written sticky on the acceptance letter?


Everyone, sorry.


No need to be sorry! I think that's a really nice touch. It wasn't so generic that it could've been used for each application either.



stats and congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], hellohalo, LawSchoolTitan and 20 guests