NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Rahviveh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:51 pm

UtilityMonster wrote:I'm under review as well. I hope they send out some decisions in November.


Would only expect ED decisions in November. Haven't decided if I will ED yet

User avatar
yarsten
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby yarsten » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:55 pm

So I am trying to hold out for the CRS fee waiver, wondering how long I can take it. When do you think it'll get to the point where it will hurt my application to wait longer?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:44 pm

yarsten wrote:So I am trying to hold out for the CRS fee waiver, wondering how long I can take it. When do you think it'll get to the point where it will hurt my application to wait longer?

mid-November

rabois
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby rabois » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:33 pm

-
Last edited by rabois on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:05 pm

rabois wrote:What about for ED applications? I'm aiming to submit before October, but does it matter?

no. I have a friend here who ED'd after getting his October score

User avatar
zdamico
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby zdamico » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:51 pm

How long does it usually take to get an initial e-mail with a status checker? I sent in all of my applications on September 26th and have gotten initial e-mails from all other schools, and about 75% of them have even gone complete, but nothing from NYU so far.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 06102016 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:04 pm

..

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:01 am

zdamico wrote:How long does it usually take to get an initial e-mail with a status checker? I sent in all of my applications on September 26th and have gotten initial e-mails from all other schools, and about 75% of them have even gone complete, but nothing from NYU so far.


I'm in a similar situation. I submitted 9/27 and still haven't even gotten acknowledgement of receipt.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby shntn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 am

Crowing wrote:
zdamico wrote:How long does it usually take to get an initial e-mail with a status checker? I sent in all of my applications on September 26th and have gotten initial e-mails from all other schools, and about 75% of them have even gone complete, but nothing from NYU so far.


I'm in a similar situation. I submitted 9/27 and still haven't even gotten acknowledgement of receipt.

I submitted on the 1st and didn't go complete until the 19th. They get in no hurry whatsoever.

User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby spicyyoda17 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:50 am

There were rumors earlier tonight about hidden fee waivers being released.

I can confirm that this is true. I hope everyone expecting one finds one when they look!

User avatar
bobr
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:42 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bobr » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 am

I received a fee waiver today via email, but applied on the 1st. Would you email NYU back asking for reimbursement or it will just be a definite no? Thanks guys

User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby RSterling » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:09 am

bobr wrote:I received a fee waiver today via email, but applied on the 1st. Would you email NYU back asking for reimbursement or it will just be a definite no? Thanks guys


Did you get an email? How can you see a hidden fee waiver if you've already submitted?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:48 pm

bobr wrote:I received a fee waiver today via email, but applied on the 1st. Would you email NYU back asking for reimbursement or it will just be a definite no? Thanks guys

I'm not sure about their official policy, but my assumption would be in favor of a reimbursement based on some semi-unrelated experience of mine.

User avatar
bobr
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:42 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby bobr » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 pm

RSterling wrote:
bobr wrote:I received a fee waiver today via email, but applied on the 1st. Would you email NYU back asking for reimbursement or it will just be a definite no? Thanks guys


Did you get an email? How can you see a hidden fee waiver if you've already submitted?


I received an email this morning stating my application fee would be waived when applied. I have yet to receive an email that my file has become complete, so I am assuming it is just in an unfortunate time frame. Thanks for the advice. I'll shoot them a response.

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:51 pm

checking in

User avatar
lsacqueen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lsacqueen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:02 am

Yep, I got waiver and email from NYU yesterday! Submitted shortly thereafter. GL to everybody.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:03 am

I submitted 9/27 and didn't receive my status checker until today. I logged into it and find out that apparently I've been UR since 9/28. Lol what?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:00 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
bobr wrote:I received a fee waiver today via email, but applied on the 1st. Would you email NYU back asking for reimbursement or it will just be a definite no? Thanks guys

I'm not sure about their official policy, but my assumption would be in favor of a reimbursement based on some semi-unrelated experience of mine.

https://docs.google.com/a/anderson.edu/ ... zcnc#gid=0
not 100% sure about the accuracy, but this says I'm wrong

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Yukos » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:50 pm

Anyone applying for the Furman? I guess the additional essay is your basic grad school statement of purpose (ie more of a research proposal than a PS), do you guys agree?

I don't have a PI or business background so Furman is the only one I have any shot at, though I'm curious if recipients generally end up in academia or not.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Yukos wrote:Anyone applying for the Furman? I guess the additional essay is your basic grad school statement of purpose (ie more of a research proposal than a PS), do you guys agree?

I don't have a PI or business background so Furman is the only one I have any shot at, though I'm curious if recipients generally end up in academia or not.

Furman is overwhelmingly given to incoming 2Ls.

Might have something to do with trying to keep them from going to Yale.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Yukos » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:11 pm

That makes sense and makes me sad. Do you think it's worth applying for or should I just submit a normal app?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Yukos wrote:That makes sense and makes me sad. Do you think it's worth applying for or should I just submit a normal app?

Definitely. I don't have any numbers, and at least it would show interest that you could bring up again next year.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Yukos » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Yukos wrote:That makes sense and makes me sad. Do you think it's worth applying for or should I just submit a normal app?

Definitely. I don't have any numbers, and at least it would show interest that you could bring up again next year.


Good point. Looking at past recipients it's clear I have almost no shot, but there's no downside. Thanks for your help!

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:34 pm

Yukos wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Yukos wrote:That makes sense and makes me sad. Do you think it's worth applying for or should I just submit a normal app?

Definitely. I don't have any numbers, and at least it would show interest that you could bring up again next year.


Good point. Looking at past recipients it's clear I have almost no shot, but there's no downside. Thanks for your help!

No problem!

And anyone who plans on coming to NYC, hit me up (except late November - December).

BalanceCare
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BalanceCare » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Has anyone else received a hidden fee waiver that became visible after completing the application? I.E., NOT an e-mailed waiver? (I have not).

Thanks.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alpal29, amberb94, awh, hammy393, Keilz, Late Game, premalone, WamBam and 22 guests