NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CalleCataluna
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby CalleCataluna » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:57 pm

aredhello wrote:Has anyone figured out why they only call some admitted students and not others? Have been DLS/ASW since Monday, but have not yet received a call.


Same... Are we sure that being able to log into ASW means what we think it does? Could someone who hasn't gotten DLS and/or gotten deferred from ED try to log in just to make sure not everyone who has applied can log in? I know I might be being paranoid, but my excitement from Monday is slowly transitioning into panic yet again...

User avatar
soccer88
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby soccer88 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Submitted in early nov, under review 11/6 and under review updated to 12/10. Not at medians (sorry to buck the trend) but I feel like I'm more likely a WL candidate than auto ding.

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby djwjddl » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:00 pm

BigZuck wrote:So, pretty much no autodings at least. Not sure if I should let that give me hope or not.

Anyone else?

Image

User avatar
reallysearch
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:57 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby reallysearch » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:01 pm

lawschoolboundfuture wrote:So my status checker date just changed to 12/12 but it still just says under review. What does this mean?



same, first UR 12/3, now 12/12

hopingforgold
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby hopingforgold » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Yes, have faith. I am under the median for LSAT and I have not been autodinged. Which....makes me feel better. Although, I don't know if they've started to put out rejections or not? I just don't understand what's happening...-.-

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:07 pm

hopingforgold wrote:Yes, have faith. I am under the median for LSAT and I have not been autodinged. Which....makes me feel better. Although, I don't know if they've started to put out rejections or not? I just don't understand what's happening...-.-


RD rejections started in January last year. ED rejections can happen this month. If you are ED and have not been deferred and you are borderline its possible you're getting rejected

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:19 pm

BigZuck wrote:Can we get a roll call of people who originally went under review sometime ago, had their status update to a recent date, but no DLS? If you don't want to share exact numbers that's fine but at least a range to see where we all stack up? I'm not optimistic about our chances, I'm thinking waitlist at best.

I originally went under review early November and my date updated to early December. RD, Medianish GPA and 25ish percentile LSAT.


I submitted in September, got an update on 10/16, and nothing since. Numbers are 3.46/173.

Swimp
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Swimp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Crowing wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Can we get a roll call of people who originally went under review sometime ago, had their status update to a recent date, but no DLS? If you don't want to share exact numbers that's fine but at least a range to see where we all stack up? I'm not optimistic about our chances, I'm thinking waitlist at best.

I originally went under review early November and my date updated to early December. RD, Medianish GPA and 25ish percentile LSAT.


I submitted in September, got an update on 10/16, and nothing since. Numbers are 3.46/173.


K-JD?

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Crowing » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:23 pm

Swimp wrote:
Crowing wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Can we get a roll call of people who originally went under review sometime ago, had their status update to a recent date, but no DLS? If you don't want to share exact numbers that's fine but at least a range to see where we all stack up? I'm not optimistic about our chances, I'm thinking waitlist at best.

I originally went under review early November and my date updated to early December. RD, Medianish GPA and 25ish percentile LSAT.


I submitted in September, got an update on 10/16, and nothing since. Numbers are 3.46/173.


K-JD?


No.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:25 pm

BigZuck wrote:Can we get a roll call of people who originally went under review sometime ago, had their status update to a recent date, but no DLS? If you don't want to share exact numbers that's fine but at least a range to see where we all stack up? I'm not optimistic about our chances, I'm thinking waitlist at best.


I submitted 10/27, under review 11/5, updated to 12/3, no changes since then.
I am an RD applicant with 3.73 GPA, 175 LSAT, URM, current NYU Ugrad, and legacy (but none of them donate significant amounts of money)

Fitz51
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Fitz51 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:27 pm

CalleCataluna wrote:
aredhello wrote:Has anyone figured out why they only call some admitted students and not others? Have been DLS/ASW since Monday, but have not yet received a call.


Same... Are we sure that being able to log into ASW means what we think it does? Could someone who hasn't gotten DLS and/or gotten deferred from ED try to log in just to make sure not everyone who has applied can log in? I know I might be being paranoid, but my excitement from Monday is slowly transitioning into panic yet again...


Would love to get an answer on this, too. I'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about....but you never know.

User avatar
levinelove
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby levinelove » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Fitz51 wrote:
CalleCataluna wrote:
aredhello wrote:Has anyone figured out why they only call some admitted students and not others? Have been DLS/ASW since Monday, but have not yet received a call.


Same... Are we sure that being able to log into ASW means what we think it does? Could someone who hasn't gotten DLS and/or gotten deferred from ED try to log in just to make sure not everyone who has applied can log in? I know I might be being paranoid, but my excitement from Monday is slowly transitioning into panic yet again...


Would love to get an answer on this, too. I'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about....but you never know.


Chill out...it's called Admitted Students Website for a reason. Only admitted students can log-in. It's probably just taking a while for admissions to make all of the phone calls on top of the other tasks they have to attend to.

BigZuck
Posts: 10872
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby BigZuck » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Can we get a roll call of people who originally went under review sometime ago, had their status update to a recent date, but no DLS? If you don't want to share exact numbers that's fine but at least a range to see where we all stack up? I'm not optimistic about our chances, I'm thinking waitlist at best.


I submitted 10/27, under review 11/5, updated to 12/3, no changes since then.
I am an RD applicant with 3.73 GPA, 175 LSAT, URM, current NYU Ugrad, and legacy (but none of them donate significant amounts of money)


Sir, it is an honor to be in your company.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:33 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Can we get a roll call of people who originally went under review sometime ago, had their status update to a recent date, but no DLS? If you don't want to share exact numbers that's fine but at least a range to see where we all stack up? I'm not optimistic about our chances, I'm thinking waitlist at best.


I submitted 10/27, under review 11/5, updated to 12/3, no changes since then.
I am an RD applicant with 3.73 GPA, 175 LSAT, URM, current NYU Ugrad, and legacy (but none of them donate significant amounts of money)


Sir, it is an honor relief to be in your company.

FTFY :)

But seriously, Mr. Elshal, you give me hope. Because if they didn't accept you, they're obviously not done accepting yet.

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Volforlife » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Can we get a roll call of people who originally went under review sometime ago, had their status update to a recent date, but no DLS? If you don't want to share exact numbers that's fine but at least a range to see where we all stack up? I'm not optimistic about our chances, I'm thinking waitlist at best.


Submitted 11/5, Under Review 11/14, no movement since. GPA at 25th, LSAT above 75th, K-JD.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:52 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Can we get a roll call of people who originally went under review sometime ago, had their status update to a recent date, but no DLS? If you don't want to share exact numbers that's fine but at least a range to see where we all stack up? I'm not optimistic about our chances, I'm thinking waitlist at best.


I submitted 10/27, under review 11/5, updated to 12/3, no changes since then.
I am an RD applicant with 3.73 GPA, 175 LSAT, URM, current NYU Ugrad, and legacy (but none of them donate significant amounts of money)


Sir, it is an honor relief to be in your company.

FTFY :)

But seriously, Mr. Elshal, you give me hope. Because if they didn't accept you, they're obviously not done accepting yet.


Yeah, that was my point. There's just no rhyme or reason here. I don't think I'm gonna get rejected, and I don't think we can read into this that any of us will. We all still have a chance and there's a long cycle ahead of us. We'll all hear back in due time, and there's no sense in stressing out too much right now... ***frantically logs into status checker for like the 10th time today***

sc-123
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby sc-123 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:01 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
hopingforgold wrote:Yes, have faith. I am under the median for LSAT and I have not been autodinged. Which....makes me feel better. Although, I don't know if they've started to put out rejections or not? I just don't understand what's happening...-.-


RD rejections started in January last year. ED rejections can happen this month. If you are ED and have not been deferred and you are borderline its possible you're getting rejected


Oof I was taking my lack of deferral e-mail today as a good thing (still in contention for ED acceptance). But this makes sense too. Oof

Snuffles1
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Snuffles1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Re: phone calls -- I *just* got mine (Midwest, 1st third of the alphabet) so it likely is just taking some time for them to work through all the admits.

User avatar
Jaqen
Posts: 949
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:23 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Jaqen » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:15 pm

BigZuck wrote:Can we get a roll call of people who originally went under review sometime ago, had their status update to a recent date, but no DLS? If you don't want to share exact numbers that's fine but at least a range to see where we all stack up? I'm not optimistic about our chances, I'm thinking waitlist at best.

I originally went under review early November and my date updated to early December. RD, Medianish GPA and 25ish percentile LSAT.


Submitted 11/06, UR 11/20. Medianish LSAT, above 75th GPA.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:16 pm

sc-123 wrote:Oof I was taking my lack of deferral e-mail today as a good thing (still in contention for ED acceptance). But this makes sense too. Oof

They also already sent out at least one ED rejection. All we definitely do know after this morning is that they're releasing ED decisions in batches. Whether another batch of acceptances is coming, or whether we're all just waiting for the next batches of deferrals/rejections, is impossible to know.

But hang in there! I'm still waiting to hear as well.

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby francesfarmer » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:17 pm

sc-123 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
hopingforgold wrote:Yes, have faith. I am under the median for LSAT and I have not been autodinged. Which....makes me feel better. Although, I don't know if they've started to put out rejections or not? I just don't understand what's happening...-.-


RD rejections started in January last year. ED rejections can happen this month. If you are ED and have not been deferred and you are borderline its possible you're getting rejected


Oof I was taking my lack of deferral e-mail today as a good thing (still in contention for ED acceptance). But this makes sense too. Oof

SAMESIES commence freakout round 50

Edit #2: what about going straight to WL? I'm above 50th percentile LSAT but below 25th percentile GPA.

permapress
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:05 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby permapress » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:21 pm

oops just missed the call and realized that i haven't set up voicemail on my new phone yet... stupid question, but do i call back or something?

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby ht2988 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:21 pm

wtf is "K-JD"?

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby francesfarmer » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:22 pm

ht2988 wrote:wtf is "K-JD"?

Someone who goes straight from kindergarten all the way through college and then straight into law school without any breaks.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:30 pm

francesfarmer wrote:SAMESIES commence freakout round 50

Edit #2: what about going straight to WL? I'm above 50th percentile LSAT but below 25th percentile GPA.

I think that would have weird results. If some people are deferred and re-reviewed in April and others are directly waitlisted, would it be better to be deferred than to be directly WL'd? In theory, deferred EDs still get a shot at an acceptance in April, but also might get a rejection in April. If you're directly WL'd, you avoid the possibility of either.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”