NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby helix23 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:01 pm

was able to login.

Yay us!

edamame
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby edamame » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Lavitz wrote:Got the call from Michael Ramos about 30 minutes ago. Was alone with the one manager from whom I'm trying to keep all this a secret, so I let it go to voicemail.

Congrats to all my fellow admits and good luck to everyone else!


Do all admits get called? Also, do you / does anyone think that there is a specific order?

User avatar
Magician
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Magician » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:12 pm

In as well. Hurray!

User avatar
trojandave
Posts: 389
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby trojandave » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:38 pm

Just tried to log in to the ASW and it didn't work :( Tried with the L and without the L... What's going on here??

Then I realized I just typed my LSAC number wrong. Whew! In! :) (Hey, at least I didn't get my birthday wrong)
Last edited by trojandave on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby shakespeare » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Decision Letter Sent, 12/10 but couldn't log in yesterday. finally worked on internet explorer.

My numbers are REALLY low (LSAT wayyy below, GPA 3.9)...are we SURE that DSL means in???

Submitted before end of Oct. Complete, end of Oct/early Nov.
No movement until 11/28.
First movement since then was 12/10 updated to Decision Leter Sent.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby helix23 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:41 pm

shakespeare wrote:Decision Letter Sent, 12/10 but couldn't log in yesterday. finally worked on internet explorer.

My numbers are REALLY low (LSAT wayyy below, GPA 3.9)...are we SURE that DSL means in???

Submitted before end of Oct. Complete, end of Oct/early Nov.
No movement until 11/28.
First movement since then was 12/10 updated to Decision Leter Sent.


It'd be weird if you could get into the admitted student website if a denial letter was in the mail.

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby shakespeare » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Tried logging in admitted students website. Didn't work with or without the L.
What does this mean????

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby francesfarmer » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:42 pm

shakespeare wrote:Decision Letter Sent, 12/10 but couldn't log in yesterday. finally worked on internet explorer.

My numbers are REALLY low (LSAT wayyy below, GPA 3.9)...are we SURE that DSL means in???

Submitted before end of Oct. Complete, end of Oct/early Nov.
No movement until 11/28.
First movement since then was 12/10 updated to Decision Leter Sent.

Try ASW!

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby shakespeare » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Sorry, i meant couldn't log into the Status Checker. Can today.

Still can't log into admitted students website.

Do they start dolling out denials from yesterday on?

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby wisteria » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:45 pm

shakespeare wrote:Sorry, i meant couldn't log into the Status Checker. Can today.

Still can't log into admitted students website.

Do they start dolling out denials from yesterday on?


What does the ASW say after you tried to log in? The password has "/" in it, did you type it?

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:46 pm

shakespeare wrote:Sorry, i meant couldn't log into the Status Checker. Can today.

Still can't log into admitted students website.

Do they start dolling out denials from yesterday on?

Not historically.

And has anyone tried to read through the NYU c/o 2014 Applicants thread? That thing is a huge mess of images and emotion. I had wanted to see when deferral emails went out that year (looks like some time after 12/16, and they were snail mailed) but ended up just looking at a lot of cat pictures. So many cat pictures...

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Rahviveh » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:47 pm

02889 wrote:
shakespeare wrote:Sorry, i meant couldn't log into the Status Checker. Can today.

Still can't log into admitted students website.

Do they start dolling out denials from yesterday on?

Not historically.

And has anyone tried to read through the NYU c/o 2014 Applicants thread? That thing is a huge mess of images and emotion. I had wanted to see when deferral emails went out that year (looks like some time after 12/16, and they were snail mailed) but ended up just looking at a lot of cat pictures. So many cat pictures...


In 2014, it looks like ED admits happened 12/3 and 12/6. On 12/15, rejections started going out. On 12/21 another batch of acceptances went out. Around that time too, some people got deferred. That's the best I can glean.

shakespeare
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby shakespeare » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:50 pm

I CAN GET INTO ASW!!

Im just a idiot and can't type when i'm nervous i guess!!!

They just asked me to change my password on teh ASW!!! And i can see stuff like the Admitted Student Days, etc...

WOOAHHHHHH!!!

P.S. For those who need info, my LSAT was wayyy low, i'm NOT URM, but i did work for a year in a war torn country.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 02889 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:54 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
02889 wrote:
shakespeare wrote:Sorry, i meant couldn't log into the Status Checker. Can today.

Still can't log into admitted students website.

Do they start dolling out denials from yesterday on?

Not historically.

And has anyone tried to read through the NYU c/o 2014 Applicants thread? That thing is a huge mess of images and emotion. I had wanted to see when deferral emails went out that year (looks like some time after 12/16, and they were snail mailed) but ended up just looking at a lot of cat pictures. So many cat pictures...


In 2014, it looks like ED admits happened 12/3 and 12/6. On 12/15, rejections started going out. On 12/21 another batch of acceptances went out. Around that time too, some people got deferred. That's the best I can glean.

Thanks for actually extracting the helpful dates. I got too lost in the thread and had to abandon it.

Somewhat related, I'm seeing the start of how LSN can become slightly deceiving and a little bit unhelpful for tracking specific application dates. A big group of people put that they were accepted to NYU on 12/10, when their status checkers switched to DLS. Another bunch listed 12/11 as the acceptance date, because they were called or could access the ASW, despite having the DLS status yesterday. I'm sure some people from the same batch of acceptances will list the date they receive the physical letter as the date of acceptance, and even then there will be a discrepancy about who listed the date they received it and who listed the post-mark date. In the future, it will look like multiple days of acceptances (which might still happen) when in fact it was all just one batch.

In conclusion, this is all messy and hard to really track. And in the end, NYU just does what it wants despite our efforts to predict their next move.

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby wisteria » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:57 pm

02889 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
02889 wrote:
shakespeare wrote:Sorry, i meant couldn't log into the Status Checker. Can today.

Still can't log into admitted students website.

Do they start dolling out denials from yesterday on?

Not historically.

And has anyone tried to read through the NYU c/o 2014 Applicants thread? That thing is a huge mess of images and emotion. I had wanted to see when deferral emails went out that year (looks like some time after 12/16, and they were snail mailed) but ended up just looking at a lot of cat pictures. So many cat pictures...


In 2014, it looks like ED admits happened 12/3 and 12/6. On 12/15, rejections started going out. On 12/21 another batch of acceptances went out. Around that time too, some people got deferred. That's the best I can glean.

Thanks for actually extracting the helpful dates. I got too lost in the thread and had to abandon it.

Somewhat related, I'm seeing the start of how LSN can become slightly deceiving and a little bit unhelpful for tracking specific application dates. A big group of people put that they were accepted to NYU on 12/10, when their status checkers switched to DLS. Another bunch listed 12/11 as the acceptance date, because they were called or could access the ASW, despite having the DLS status yesterday. I'm sure some people from the same batch of acceptances will list the date they receive the physical letter as the date of acceptance, and even then there will be a discrepancy about who listed the date they received it and who listed the post-mark date. In the future, it will look like multiple days of acceptances (which might still happen) when in fact it was all just one batch.

In conclusion, this is all messy and hard to really track. And in the end, NYU just does what it wants despite our efforts to predict their next move.


Last year though, the DSLs were indeed sent out on back-to-back days. It's not from LSN or the super spreadsheet, but from the thread itself.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby Rahviveh » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:58 pm

02889 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
02889 wrote:
shakespeare wrote:Sorry, i meant couldn't log into the Status Checker. Can today.

Still can't log into admitted students website.

Do they start dolling out denials from yesterday on?

Not historically.

And has anyone tried to read through the NYU c/o 2014 Applicants thread? That thing is a huge mess of images and emotion. I had wanted to see when deferral emails went out that year (looks like some time after 12/16, and they were snail mailed) but ended up just looking at a lot of cat pictures. So many cat pictures...


In 2014, it looks like ED admits happened 12/3 and 12/6. On 12/15, rejections started going out. On 12/21 another batch of acceptances went out. Around that time too, some people got deferred. That's the best I can glean.

Thanks for actually extracting the helpful dates. I got too lost in the thread and had to abandon it.

Somewhat related, I'm seeing the start of how LSN can become slightly deceiving and a little bit unhelpful for tracking specific application dates. A big group of people put that they were accepted to NYU on 12/10, when their status checkers switched to DLS. Another bunch listed 12/11 as the acceptance date, because they were called or could access the ASW, despite having the DLS status yesterday. I'm sure some people from the same batch of acceptances will list the date they receive the physical letter as the date of acceptance, and even then there will be a discrepancy about who listed the date they received it and who listed the post-mark date. In the future, it will look like multiple days of acceptances (which might still happen) when in fact it was all just one batch.

In conclusion, this is all messy and hard to really track. And in the end, NYU just does what it wants despite our efforts to predict their next move.


Right, I realized that too when I looked at previous years threads. But there were definitely two ED batches in 2014. Though it only looks like there was one in 2015.

User avatar
djwjddl
Posts: 476
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby djwjddl » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 pm

02889 wrote:In conclusion, this is all messy and hard to really track. And in the end, NYU just does what it wants despite our efforts to predict their next move.


well at least we know that there's another wave of admits come 1st week of january :D

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby comeonletsgo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:01 pm

I think last year the DLS updates came around 2 PM EST. So, I guess in an hour we can see if anyone's status changes.

aloyshakaramazov
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby aloyshakaramazov » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:01 pm

So, if we can log in to ASW, we should expect a call or email today?? How does this work. You think the call/email would come first...

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:02 pm

aloyshakaramazov wrote:So, if we can log in to ASW, we should expect a call or email today?? How does this work. You think the call/email would come first...


I think if you can get into ASW, keep an eye out for snail mail. There have been rumors of expecting calls, but I'm not sure that anyone has actually been called.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby helix23 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:04 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
aloyshakaramazov wrote:So, if we can log in to ASW, we should expect a call or email today?? How does this work. You think the call/email would come first...


I think if you can get into ASW, keep an eye out for snail mail. There have been rumors of expecting calls, but I'm not sure that anyone has actually been called.


Lavitz allegedly got the call.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:06 pm

In other words, I have no idea what I'm talking about

User avatar
lsacqueen
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby lsacqueen » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:11 pm

edamame wrote:
Lavitz wrote:Got the call from Michael Ramos about 30 minutes ago. Was alone with the one manager from whom I'm trying to keep all this a secret, so I let it go to voicemail.

Congrats to all my fellow admits and good luck to everyone else!


Do all admits get called? Also, do you / does anyone think that there is a specific order?


I didn't get called but I got an email, presumably because I'm abroad. Last year they said people got 1. DLS 2. ASW log-on 3. call

User avatar
pinballwiz24
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby pinballwiz24 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm

I just got called.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Postby 06102016 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:28 pm

..




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: potterotter and 15 guests