NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
francesfarmer

Silver

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Post by francesfarmer » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:14 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
lawschoolboundfuture wrote:WHEN SHOULD WE HEAR?
ED - This week
RD - Possibly this week, for sure by next week
What if we're ED and we don't hear back this week?! Does that mean we've been deferred or rejected? Tell our fortune!!!

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:25 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
ED - This week
What if we're ED and we don't hear back this week?! Does that mean we've been deferred or rejected? Tell our fortune!!!
Not necessarily. In previous cycles there were multiple batches. That's for ED.

For RD, if you're an early applicant (Sept/Oct) and you don't get in this month, things aren't looking good.

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:11 pm

All I want for my birthday is a big booty ho NYU acceptance.

ht2988

Bronze

Post by ht2988 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:11 pm

How are applicants notified of decisions? Email? Status checker? USPS?

Bronze

Post by 02889 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:14 pm

ht2988 wrote:How are applicants notified of decisions? Email? Status checker? USPS?
Status checker will change to "Decision Letter Sent" and acceptance will come via snail mail. ED deferrals come via email. Last year, people successfully logged into the Admitted Students' Website to confirm acceptances, and some people (perhaps only ED, though I didn't read closely enough to tell) were called shortly after the status change.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

melissa91791

New

Post by melissa91791 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:19 pm

i wonder if hurricane sandy delayed decisions til next week. ahhh this is exciting!

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:23 pm

02889 wrote:
ht2988 wrote:How are applicants notified of decisions? Email? Status checker? USPS?
Status checker will change to "Decision Letter Sent" and acceptance will come via snail mail. ED deferrals come via email. Last year, people successfully logged into the Admitted Students' Website to confirm acceptances, and some people (perhaps only ED, though I didn't read closely enough to tell) were called shortly after the status change.
The RD admits were also called, although many weren't called until the following day, since they started the calls in the late afternoon and didn't have time to call everyone.

Swimp

Bronze

Post by Swimp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm

melissa91791 wrote:i wonder if hurricane sandy delayed decisions til next week. ahhh this is exciting!
You have a better attitude than me. I'm just so sick of all the waiting. Waiting to take the LSAT, waiting for scores, waiting for recs to be submitted, waiting to go under review. It would be more bearable if we knew the decisions were coming out, for instance, on Wednesday, but instead we just have to twiddle our thumbs and wonder.

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Swimp wrote:
melissa91791 wrote:i wonder if hurricane sandy delayed decisions til next week. ahhh this is exciting!
You have a better attitude than me. I'm just so sick of all the waiting. Waiting to take the LSAT, waiting for scores, waiting for recs to be submitted, waiting to go under review. It would be more bearable if we knew the decisions were coming out, for instance, on Wednesday, but instead we just have to twiddle our thumbs and wonder.
You're gonna love OCI

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:47 pm

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:49 pm

I've been under review since 11/5. URM with relatively low numbers. I never had high expectations for NYU anyway but I think is a very bad sign lol. 8)

Anonymous4444

Silver

Post by Anonymous4444 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:53 pm

the last person that asked me if I get in anywhere yet was given a dirty look and told. "ill tell you what if and when I get in i will run and tell you no need to ask me." lol

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:53 pm

DaRascal wrote:I've been under review since 11/5. URM with relatively low numbers. I never had high expectations for NYU anyway but I think is a very bad sign lol. 8)
Yeah but you're a TLS champion.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

melissa91791

New

Post by melissa91791 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Swimp wrote:

hahaha for the past, like, 4 weeks ive been waiting to hear back from fordham, which i thought i actually had a shot at getting into, and literally, i've been losing my mind waiting. it drives me INSANE not knowing when im gonna hear. still haven't heard back. but now im at the point where i've freaked out so much that im actually chill about this all hahaha. but it feels good to know that other ppl feel the same.

melissa91791

New

Post by melissa91791 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:the last person that asked me if I get in anywhere yet was given a dirty look and told. "ill tell you what if and when I get in i will run and tell you no need to ask me." lol
ok everyday my boss at works walks into the office and is like sooooo. and just stands there and smiles. every. single. day. they actually should do an autotune of me saying 'not yet, hopefully this week" cuz god knows i've said it enough times....

melissa91791

New

Post by melissa91791 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:08 pm

DaRascal wrote:I've been under review since 11/5. URM with relatively low numbers. I never had high expectations for NYU anyway but I think is a very bad sign lol. 8)

and i just have to say, i feel ya, if i get into nyu it'd be like a lunch lady winning the lottery. i would do an air lasso in the middle of my lecture.

amitty1019

Bronze

Post by amitty1019 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:09 pm

This is going to make me sound insane :shock: , but I am so worried about law school apps and the uncertainty of everything (where I'll get in, where I'll be this time next year, etc) that it has started to invade my subconscious- I have had at least three dreams in the past month where I was at one of the schools I have applied to. They were happy dreams, but still, this is ridiculous- I need a new hobby besides monitoring my status checkers :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:13 pm

amitty1019 wrote:This is going to make me sound insane :shock: , but I am so worried about law school apps and the uncertainty of everything (where I'll get in, where I'll be this time next year, etc) that it has started to invade my subconscious- I have had at least three dreams in the past month where I was at one of the schools I have applied to. They were happy dreams, but still, this is ridiculous- I need a new hobby besides monitoring my status checkers :)
I had a nightmare that the NYU adcomms were on a TV show discussing the pros and cons of every applicant (it felt like I was watching the bachelorette or something) and I had all of my insecurities trotted out in front of me on national television and then I woke up before they reached a decision.

Anonymous4444

Silver

Post by Anonymous4444 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
amitty1019 wrote:This is going to make me sound insane :shock: , but I am so worried about law school apps and the uncertainty of everything (where I'll get in, where I'll be this time next year, etc) that it has started to invade my subconscious- I have had at least three dreams in the past month where I was at one of the schools I have applied to. They were happy dreams, but still, this is ridiculous- I need a new hobby besides monitoring my status checkers :)
I had a nightmare that the NYU adcomms were on a TV show discussing the pros and cons of every applicant (it felt like I was watching the bachelorette or something) and I had all of my insecurities trotted out in front of me on national television and then I woke up before they reached a decision.

i'd watch that

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Anonymous4444 wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:

i'd watch that
Word

jubee

Bronze

Post by jubee » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:34 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
ED - This week
Not necessarily. In previous cycles there were multiple batches. That's for ED.

For RD, if you're an early applicant (Sept/Oct) and you don't get in this month, things aren't looking good.
Soooo people that applied mid to late november shouldn't be too worried if we don't hear in dec? (submitted 11/20)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:22 pm

jubee wrote:
Soooo people that applied mid to late november shouldn't be too worried if we don't hear in dec? (submitted 11/20)
No, I wouldn't be too worried. Just after mid-November seems like the cutoff for applicants hearing back in December. But thats not a rule, there's plenty of exceptions

djwjddl

Bronze

Post by djwjddl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 pm

so RD applicants who applied let's say during the first week of Nov should be hearing back in some time Dec as well?

Manhattanman

Bronze

Post by Manhattanman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:42 pm

melissa91791 wrote:
Anonymous4444 wrote:the last person that asked me if I get in anywhere yet was given a dirty look and told. "ill tell you what if and when I get in i will run and tell you no need to ask me." lol
ok everyday my boss at works walks into the office and is like sooooo. and just stands there and smiles. every. single. day. they actually should do an autotune of me saying 'not yet, hopefully this week" cuz god knows i've said it enough times....
Thought my boss was the only one. Co workers, interns and my officemate's mom (woman I've never met before) are all on that list. Can't wait to hit them all with some good news.

florida1949

Bronze

Post by florida1949 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 pm

djwjddl wrote:so RD applicants who applied let's say during the first week of Nov should be hearing back in some time Dec as well?
If I recall correctly, the data showed that a good # of people who applied then got accepted in early Dec., but there were also some who applied in that time frame and got accepted in Jan. and some who got WL'd/dinged in Jan.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”