NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Swimp

Bronze

Re: NYU C/O 2016 Applicants Thread!!! (Woooooo!!!!!)

Post by Swimp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:14 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:What I do know, is that there is an Indian foodcart on Washington Square South and Sullivan that is amazing. Really cheap and really delicious. I've gone there so many times now that the guy knows me, my brother, and my father by name and every time one of us goes, he asks about the others. Also, in the winter, he gives cups of hot soup to people waiting on line. He wins all kinds of streetcart awards (apparently those exist lol)
Yeah, the dosa guy. Love that dude.

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:I got the call today, officially offering admissions, but I missed it and found the voicemail after. I'm not supposed to call back, right? I've missed my chance to shriek on the phone like a child who just got a new toy?

Also, I second shntn's post. I love Washington Square Park. It's been under renovations for a really long time now, so parts of it have been closed for years, but it should all be opening up pretty soon. Also, Mamoun's is great, so I'll second that as well. I haven't been to many burger places in the village so I don't know about those.

What I do know, is that there is an Indian foodcart on Washington Square South and Sullivan that is amazing. Really cheap and really delicious. I've gone there so many times now that the guy knows me, my brother, and my father by name and every time one of us goes, he asks about the others. Also, in the winter, he gives cups of hot soup to people waiting on line. He wins all kinds of streetcart awards (apparently those exist lol)
I am a vegetarian and therefore all of my suggestions are vegetarian. Let this list offset the burger discussion for anyone who is so inclined:

There is a really delicious ethiopian place across and down a little from Mamoun's. Also, Quantum Leap has the best vegetarian cobb salad I have ever had in my life. Red Bamboo is expensive but 100% worth it. Sacred Chow has delicious sangria, and weird food that non-vegetarian people will think is bad but vegetarians think is delicious.

Also the mushroom burger at Shake Shack is amazing.

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:19 pm

amitty1019 wrote:
djwjddl wrote:
Wormfather wrote:Union Square (where I used to work) is tits.

BTW all this talk about burgers is ignoring the best thing in the city these days.

http://www.bakedbymelissa.com
most overpriced baked goods ever lol. sprinkles is a good choice if you want luxury cupcakes

Best cupcakes ever: --LinkRemoved--

It's on Bleeker, a ten minute walk from NYU law's campus! :D
Need to try that. Also:
http://www.babycakesnyc.com/

Mr. Elshal

Silver

Post by Mr. Elshal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:21 pm

francesfarmer wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:I got the call today, officially offering admissions, but I missed it and found the voicemail after. I'm not supposed to call back, right? I've missed my chance to shriek on the phone like a child who just got a new toy?

Also, I second shntn's post. I love Washington Square Park. It's been under renovations for a really long time now, so parts of it have been closed for years, but it should all be opening up pretty soon. Also, Mamoun's is great, so I'll second that as well. I haven't been to many burger places in the village so I don't know about those.

What I do know, is that there is an Indian foodcart on Washington Square South and Sullivan that is amazing. Really cheap and really delicious. I've gone there so many times now that the guy knows me, my brother, and my father by name and every time one of us goes, he asks about the others. Also, in the winter, he gives cups of hot soup to people waiting on line. He wins all kinds of streetcart awards (apparently those exist lol)
I am a vegetarian and therefore all of my suggestions are vegetarian. Let this list offset the burger discussion for anyone who is so inclined:

There is a really delicious ethiopian place across and down a little from Mamoun's. Also, Quantum Leap has the best vegetarian cobb salad I have ever had in my life. Red Bamboo is expensive but 100% worth it. Sacred Chow has delicious sangria, and weird food that non-vegetarian people will think is bad but vegetarians think is delicious.

Also the mushroom burger at Shake Shack is amazing.

I love the fake shrimp at Red Bamboo!

Also, shocked that nobody said this yet....POMMES FRITES IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! All they sell is french fries and crazy sauces to dip them in. At one point I was going twice a week (class down the block from there). So delicious it's scary

Swimp

Bronze

Post by Swimp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:24 pm

I know this is a touchy subject, but I think John's of Bleecker is the best pizza in Manhattan. They only sell pies though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

djwjddl

Bronze

Post by djwjddl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Swimp wrote:I know this is a touchy subject, but I think John's of Bleecker is the best pizza in Manhattan. They only sell pies though.
going along this junk food tangent, i'll put my vote in for crifs for best hot dogs and cheap @$$ beer. $2.50 for PBRs.

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote: I love the fake shrimp at Red Bamboo!

Also, shocked that nobody said this yet....POMMES FRITES IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! All they sell is french fries and crazy sauces to dip them in. At one point I was going twice a week (class down the block from there). So delicious it's scary
The drum sticks at red bamboo OMGAH

And yeah pommes frittes. If you're up in that area you should go to B&H dairy which is an amazing vegetarian polish restaurant which I think is on the same block. THE. BEST. BORSCHT. Better and cheaper than Veselka.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:29 pm

Y'all making me like NYU more. Hush.

Swimp

Bronze

Post by Swimp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:30 pm

djwjddl wrote:
Swimp wrote:I know this is a touchy subject, but I think John's of Bleecker is the best pizza in Manhattan. They only sell pies though.
going along this junk food tangent, i'll put my vote in for crifs for best hot dogs and cheap @$$ beer. $2.50 for PBRs.
Plus, you can step through the secret door behind the phone booth and spend some of the money you saved at Crif Dogs at PDT.
Wormfather wrote:
Who cares about health code violations? Even if there were 44 of them.
Hahaha I hadn't seen that yet. I'm sticking by my story, though. It's some damn good pizza.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

remix

New

Post by remix » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Wormfather wrote:
Who cares about health code violations? Even if there were 44 of them.
Percy's is better, imo.

Anonymous4444

Silver

Post by Anonymous4444 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 pm

this thread took a turn

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:38 pm

Swimp wrote:
djwjddl wrote:
Plus, you can step through the secret door behind the phone booth and spend some of the money you saved at Crif Dogs at PDT.
Skip PDT and go to Raines Law Room.

(Disclaimer: I have never been to PDT.)

Swimp

Bronze

Post by Swimp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:40 pm

amsong wrote:
Swimp wrote:
djwjddl wrote:
Skip PDT and go to Raines Law Room.

(Disclaimer: I have never been to PDT.)
I like Raines better too (and I've been to both numerous times). I've been to a lot of those speakeasy-type places. They're pricey but a lot of fun.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Swimp wrote:
I like Raines better too
Cosigned. I love the booths. And the bathroom wallpaper. :lol:

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:45 pm

shntn wrote:
Swimp wrote:
I like Raines better too
Cosigned. I love the booths. And the bathroom wallpaper. :lol:
I've never used the bathroom there, but if it's anything like the rest of the wallpaper, it's awesome. (Hint: look really closely.)

Bronze

Post by 02889 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:49 pm

What a weird place for that NYC restaurant discussion to trail off.

(Edited to remove 'epic' as an adjective after skimming it again. But, still. You guys know your restaurants.)
Last edited by 02889 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sc-123

New

Post by sc-123 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 pm

02889 wrote:What a weird place for that epic NYC restaurant discussion to trail off.
At least it's not another round of ED acceptances I'm missing out on

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

amsong

Bronze

Post by amsong » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 pm

02889 wrote:What a weird place for that NYC restaurant discussion to trail off.

(Edited to remove 'epic' as an adjective after skimming it again. But, still. You guys know your restaurants.)
Ha. That's because you haven't seen the wallpaper at Raines. (I assume, with no evidence to back this up.)

Swimp

Bronze

Post by Swimp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Alright, here. This is the RLR's wallpaper.

http://snoopspeephole.files.wordpress.c ... .jpg?w=590

Bronze

Post by 02889 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Swimp wrote:Alright, here. This is the RLR's wallpaper.

Oh my. At least now I can understand the acclaim.

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Totally gorj. (Pun on engorged. SEE IT? SEE?)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

trojandave

Bronze

Post by trojandave » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Somehow this has just totally sold me on NY; winter be damned. (Though I will miss In-N-Out, if we're gonna bring this back to food)

postard

Bronze

Post by postard » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Checking in.

Submitted 12/12 after receiving email with FW, and went UR today (12/14).

sstefanik

New

Post by sstefanik » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Silly question, but where do I find my username/password to check the status of my application on the NYU website? (I just applied yesterday, so totally possible that they send an email and I haven't gotten it yet...)

Mr. Elshal

Silver

Post by Mr. Elshal » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:51 pm

sstefanik wrote:Silly question, but where do I find my username/password to check the status of my application on the NYU website? (I just applied yesterday, so totally possible that they send an email and I haven't gotten it yet...)
Yeah, they'll send an email. Don't stress if it takes a little while to come. It'll make it's way to you. Mine took a week (but it was the hurricane sandy week, so take that with a grain of salt)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”