Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
andreskicdo
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby andreskicdo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
spicyyoda17 wrote:Beautiful campus . . . Penn would be a great place to attend law school!


+1 I love the look of Penn's campus even though I've never been there!


ITs abosolutely gorgeous. With Penn Park and the new law school building it looks even better!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:08 pm

andreskicdo wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:
spicyyoda17 wrote:Beautiful campus . . . Penn would be a great place to attend law school!


+1 I love the look of Penn's campus even though I've never been there!


ITs abosolutely gorgeous. With Penn Park and the new law school building it looks even better!

I actually preferred Sansom Street pre-renovations, but Penn's campus is bee-yoootiful.

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:12 pm

shntn wrote:
karich wrote:Put me down for some juju please.

Seriously, this is the second time someone has gotten an acceptance call mid-sentence while replying to me. It's downright weird.


One good luck for me as well please. Just gonna type real slowly here just in case....

Aaand nope. Long weekend it is.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby comeonletsgo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:18 pm

guinness1547 wrote:
shntn wrote:
karich wrote:Put me down for some juju please.

Seriously, this is the second time someone has gotten an acceptance call mid-sentence while replying to me. It's downright weird.


One good luck for me as well please. Just gonna type real slowly here just in case....

Aaand nope. Long weekend it is.


Same. I'm surprised there haven't been any rejections or holds. Last year, they came at the same time as the admits.

Aloyicious
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Aloyicious » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:25 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:
shntn wrote:
karich wrote:Put me down for some juju please.

Seriously, this is the second time someone has gotten an acceptance call mid-sentence while replying to me. It's downright weird.


One good luck for me as well please. Just gonna type real slowly here just in case....

Aaand nope. Long weekend it is.


Same. I'm surprised there haven't been any rejections or holds. Last year, they came at the same time as the admits.


According to LSN, last year two people reported getting rejected on the first day of decisions (this is only of those who chose to list their decision date). Another person recorded being rejected the day after.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby comeonletsgo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Aloyicious wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:Same. I'm surprised there haven't been any rejections or holds. Last year, they came at the same time as the admits.


According to LSN, last year two people reported getting rejected on the first day of decisions (this is only of those who chose to list their decision date). Another person recorded being rejected the day after.


Hm when reading the thread from last year, it seemed like a number of them came out on that 1st Friday. Then some were scattered throughout the week.

User avatar
Nickg415
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Nickg415 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:29 pm

looks like most rejects came after the first week:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ZTWc#gid=7

Aloyicious
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Aloyicious » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:33 pm

If Post told someone that the computers were down/they would not send an acceptance email out right away, chances are rejections and holds won't go out until they get those up and running again. Total conjecture, but it makes sense considering the thread last year does have some people getting rejected during the afternoon the first day of decisions.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Crowing » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Oh wow looks like there were a lot more acceptances today than expected. Looking at last year, not having heard anything today doesn't bode well. :cry:

senorhosh
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:45 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby senorhosh » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:09 pm

shntn wrote:
karich wrote:Put me down for some juju please.

Seriously, this is the second time someone has gotten an acceptance call mid-sentence while replying to me. It's downright weird.


i might as well try too then lol

.....

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sinfiery » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Got an email informing me I went complete! Sent in Nov 18th.

senorhosh
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:45 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby senorhosh » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Crowing wrote:Oh wow looks like there were a lot more acceptances today than expected. Looking at last year, not having heard anything today doesn't bode well. :cry:


Dang. Really? Were the majority of acceptances on friday or something? It's around 6 pm Est so im guessing phone calls are done for today :/
Last edited by senorhosh on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
whuntington3
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby whuntington3 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Got the call today. So excited!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:16 pm

whuntington3 wrote:Got the call today. So excited!

CONGRATSSSSS!!!!!!

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Crowing » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:35 pm

senorhosh wrote:
Crowing wrote:Oh wow looks like there were a lot more acceptances today than expected. Looking at last year, not having heard anything today doesn't bode well. :cry:


Dang. Really? Were the majority of acceptances on friday or something? It's around 6 pm Est so im guessing phone calls are done for today :/

3.09// 174 ED. wish me luck


It looks like almost every ED acceptance comes in on the same day, so no news is probably bad news.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Rahviveh » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Is everyone with a 11/20 UR date have that as their UCR1 and submitted in September? CAnt remember if I had another UCR or not

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:45 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:Is everyone with a 11/20 UR date have that as their UCR1 and submitted in September? CAnt remember if I had another UCR or not

Yeah, UCR1 on that date, submitted 9/1 or 9/2.

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Crowing wrote:
senorhosh wrote:
Crowing wrote:Oh wow looks like there were a lot more acceptances today than expected. Looking at last year, not having heard anything today doesn't bode well. :cry:


Dang. Really? Were the majority of acceptances on friday or something? It's around 6 pm Est so im guessing phone calls are done for today :/

3.09// 174 ED. wish me luck


It looks like almost every ED acceptance comes in on the same day, so no news is probably bad news.


:(

senorhosh
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:45 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby senorhosh » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:51 pm

guinness1547 wrote:
Crowing wrote:
senorhosh wrote:
Crowing wrote:Oh wow looks like there were a lot more acceptances today than expected. Looking at last year, not having heard anything today doesn't bode well. :cry:


Dang. Really? Were the majority of acceptances on friday or something? It's around 6 pm Est so im guessing phone calls are done for today :/

3.09// 174 ED. wish me luck


It looks like almost every ED acceptance comes in on the same day, so no news is probably bad news.


:(


:(

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Crowing » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Lol my one hope atm is that acceptances are alphabetical - anybody get in from near the end of the alphabet and wanna crush my hopes? :P

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby venus » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:54 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:Is everyone with a 11/20 UR date have that as their UCR1 and submitted in September? CAnt remember if I had another UCR or not

I submitted at the end of September. 11/20 UCR1, today UCR2.

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby guinness1547 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Crowing wrote:Lol my one hope atm is that acceptances are alphabetical - anybody get in from near the end of the alphabet and wanna crush my hopes? :P


I sure hope they aren't.

senorhosh
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:45 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby senorhosh » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Crowing wrote:Lol my one hope atm is that acceptances are alphabetical - anybody get in from near the end of the alphabet and wanna crush my hopes? :P


Looking at your stats gives me hope. I can't imagine someone with your number getting rejected ED.

I was also UCR 11/1 and UCR2 11/15.

Hm.

User avatar
hume85
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby hume85 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Crowing wrote:Lol my one hope atm is that acceptances are alphabetical - anybody get in from near the end of the alphabet and wanna crush my hopes? :P


Last name is in the middle and first name is towards the end. I thought last year they accepted most ED people on one day, but then like another 25% in the following couple of weeks. Keep your hopes up and good luck.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Crowing » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:01 pm

senorhosh wrote:
Crowing wrote:Lol my one hope atm is that acceptances are alphabetical - anybody get in from near the end of the alphabet and wanna crush my hopes? :P


Looking at your stats gives me hope. I can't imagine someone with your number getting rejected ED.

I was also UCR 11/1 and UCR2 11/15.

Hm.


Last year there was like a 3.5+/175 who got dinged ED, which is pretty scary info I guess.

Edit: Oops I mean 3.4/175, but still.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests