Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
racrfish
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby racrfish » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Also UCR1 today.

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby FlowBro » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Any other UR 2/22'ers in the house?

User avatar
Save_Ferris
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Save_Ferris » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:09 pm

dolfan17 wrote:
Lighthouseman wrote:It's a miracle. UCR also from a 1/18 complete. Here's to a quick turnaround!


+1 I was starting to think they had lost my app


Same. Complete since 1/24 finally UCR today. It's encouraging to see some movement, even though I feel like I still have a bit of a wait ahead of me before getting a decision.

User avatar
syd625
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby syd625 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:21 pm

FlowBro wrote:Any other UR 2/22'ers in the house?


+1

shrek
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:14 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shrek » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:50 pm

has Penn been handing out rejections yet? worried that my ucr 1/17 just means they are waiting to put me in their first big wave of rejections

User avatar
cookiejar1
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby cookiejar1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:13 am

Checking in! UCR 3/6.
Went complete, 1/23.

Finanigans
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Finanigans » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:02 am

Save_Ferris wrote:
dolfan17 wrote:
Lighthouseman wrote:It's a miracle. UCR also from a 1/18 complete. Here's to a quick turnaround!


+1 I was starting to think they had lost my app


Same. Complete since 1/24 finally UCR today. It's encouraging to see some movement, even though I feel like I still have a bit of a wait ahead of me before getting a decision.


Numbers twin, also UCR1 today, complete about the same. Best of luck to you!

labellavita688
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby labellavita688 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:30 am

megagnarley wrote:
Lighthouseman wrote:It's a miracle. UCR also from a 1/18 complete. Here's to a quick turnaround!


Don't hope too hard.

A lot of us have been UCR 2 since 2/13.


+1

User avatar
westphiladelphia
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby westphiladelphia » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:48 am

labellavita688 wrote:
megagnarley wrote:
Lighthouseman wrote:It's a miracle. UCR also from a 1/18 complete. Here's to a quick turnaround!


Don't hope too hard.

A lot of us have been UCR 2 since 2/13.


+1


+1000

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby toothbrush » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:06 pm

how long from ucr to decision ?

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:08 pm

toothbrush wrote:how long from ucr to decision ?


I had UCR1 on 2/21/2013, UCR2 on 3/5/2013. Still waiting.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby LRGhost » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:18 pm

We still think there are acceptances coming or are we firmly in WL territory?

zz888
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby zz888 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:27 pm

any UR1 2/7ers here?!? Are we doomed??? It's been a month now.... I feel like it's been bad news for those who move extremely slowly from UR1-UR2 but im praying that isnt the case!!

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fallingup » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:12 pm

zz888 wrote:any UR1 2/7ers here?!? Are we doomed??? It's been a month now.... I feel like it's been bad news for those who move extremely slowly from UR1-UR2 but im praying that isnt the case!!


Yep. I think I am a WL.

User avatar
Save_Ferris
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Save_Ferris » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Finanigans wrote:
Save_Ferris wrote:
dolfan17 wrote:
Lighthouseman wrote:It's a miracle. UCR also from a 1/18 complete. Here's to a quick turnaround!


+1 I was starting to think they had lost my app


Same. Complete since 1/24 finally UCR today. It's encouraging to see some movement, even though I feel like I still have a bit of a wait ahead of me before getting a decision.


Numbers twin, also UCR1 today, complete about the same. Best of luck to you!


Good luck to you too! Good news is coming!

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Finally went UCR1 yesterday after a January complete date. Debating sending in the Dean Fitts essay, but not sure if it's worth it as a splitter (probably waitlist/ding territory). Thoughts?

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby LRGhost » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:31 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Finally went UCR1 yesterday after a January complete date. Debating sending in the Dean Fitts essay, but not sure if it's worth it as a splitter (probably waitlist/ding territory). Thoughts?


Why wouldn't you

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:33 pm

LRGhost wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Finally went UCR1 yesterday after a January complete date. Debating sending in the Dean Fitts essay, but not sure if it's worth it as a splitter (probably waitlist/ding territory). Thoughts?


Why wouldn't you


Could be a waste of time and I don't like the prompt. :p

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 02889 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:34 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Finally went UCR1 yesterday after a January complete date. Debating sending in the Dean Fitts essay, but not sure if it's worth it as a splitter (probably waitlist/ding territory). Thoughts?

It seems to almost always be the case that sending the supplemental essays is a much a better idea than not sending them.

I'm really surprised this isn't part of TLS wisdom by now. In all of these threads, it seems like the trend is that people who get in, possibly with scholarships, sent in a Why X? statement, and people with equally good numbers who get WL'd chose not to. Not universally the case, but clearly a strong trend.

User avatar
intlsplitr
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby intlsplitr » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:54 pm

zz888 wrote:any UR1 2/7ers here?!? Are we doomed??? It's been a month now.... I feel like it's been bad news for those who move extremely slowly from UR1-UR2 but im praying that isnt the case!!


I am UR1 2/7 too, and the lack of movement is not making me feel positive vibes from Penn. I'm thinking WL at best for me.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Cobretti » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:57 pm

intlsplitr wrote:
zz888 wrote:any UR1 2/7ers here?!? Are we doomed??? It's been a month now.... I feel like it's been bad news for those who move extremely slowly from UR1-UR2 but im praying that isnt the case!!


I am UR1 2/7 too, and the lack of movement is not making me feel positive vibes from Penn. I'm thinking WL at best for me.

+1

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:01 pm

I feel way more optimistic than I should.

User avatar
HankBashir
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby HankBashir » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:03 pm

mrizza wrote:
intlsplitr wrote:
zz888 wrote:any UR1 2/7ers here?!? Are we doomed??? It's been a month now.... I feel like it's been bad news for those who move extremely slowly from UR1-UR2 but im praying that isnt the case!!


I am UR1 2/7 too, and the lack of movement is not making me feel positive vibes from Penn. I'm thinking WL at best for me.

+1


+2

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Audeamus » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:05 pm

HankBashir wrote:
mrizza wrote:
intlsplitr wrote:
zz888 wrote:any UR1 2/7ers here?!? Are we doomed??? It's been a month now.... I feel like it's been bad news for those who move extremely slowly from UR1-UR2 but im praying that isnt the case!!


I am UR1 2/7 too, and the lack of movement is not making me feel positive vibes from Penn. I'm thinking WL at best for me.

+1


+2


+3

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Cobretti » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:32 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:I feel way more optimistic than I should.

Honestly I'd feel very optimistic in your situation too. Getting URs that aren't part of waves seems to be a very good sign based on what we've seen so far. NO JYNX




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Google Adsense [Bot], l3g@l33s3, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests