Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:06 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:I'm wondering if Penn is ever going to review my app :?


Makes me wonder why I went UCR three days after going complete. Considering my LSAT score, I worry it's not a good thing.

User avatar
dolfan17
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby dolfan17 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:09 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:I'm wondering if Penn is ever going to review my app :?


+1

ellieo444
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:52 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ellieo444 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Does anyone know approximately how many people get offered the opportunity to apply for a Levy? I sent in my essay a few days ago, REALLY hoping I get it! I haven't been able to get much of a sense of how many people are being considered for the 10-12 Levys that Penn offers, so if anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated!

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby francesfarmer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 pm

So I submitted my Need Access form and my FAFSA yesterday and I haven't gotten any confirmation from schools...assuming that is normal? Also am I correct in assuming that Penn needs my and my parents' 1040? I saw an email a couple pages back saying they wanted W-2s as well?

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 02889 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:49 pm

francesfarmer wrote:So I submitted my Need Access form and my FAFSA yesterday and I haven't gotten any confirmation from schools...assuming that is normal? Also am I correct in assuming that Penn needs my and my parents' 1040? I saw an email a couple pages back saying they wanted W-2s as well?

I didn't get a confirmation from schools about submitting, so I think you're fine. And yup, Penn wants your 1040 and W2s, as well as those of both your parents. However, despite Penn telling me in an email that they needed those before calculating need-based aid, yesterday's need award clearly proves otherwise as I have not yet sent them.

bzzingbee
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bzzingbee » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:56 pm

bluecouch wrote:
megagnarley wrote:
bzzingbee wrote:
bob loblaw11 wrote:UR2 2/13 and not a damn word. Penn, I can take it. Lay it on me.


And by I can take it, I know you mean that acceptance. Because I'm hoping all of us 2/13 are destined for admits.


Please. Yes.


+1, although my hopes are dimming...


Mine too a bit. But you think it would be fairly quick to send a wait list/reject email, but it may take longer to ensure you have a live person on the phone offering admittance. They just want to make sure they can offer us the best? Right?

User avatar
westphiladelphia
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby westphiladelphia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:03 pm

bzzingbee wrote:
Mine too a bit. But you think it would be fairly quick to send a wait list/reject email, but it may take longer to ensure you have a live person on the phone offering admittance. They just want to make sure they can offer us the best? Right?



mmmhm. yes. I appreciate that logic.

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby megagnarley » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:05 pm

bzzingbee wrote:
bluecouch wrote:
megagnarley wrote:
bzzingbee wrote:
And by I can take it, I know you mean that acceptance. Because I'm hoping all of us 2/13 are destined for admits.


Please. Yes.


+1, although my hopes are dimming...


Mine too a bit. But you think it would be fairly quick to send a wait list/reject email, but it may take longer to ensure you have a live person on the phone offering admittance. They just want to make sure they can offer us the best? Right?


IIRC others were taking 2/3 weeks from UR2 earlier and then hearing on Friday. I would say we have until this Friday to keep the faith in good faith.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby az21833 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Alternate for Wilson, found out today. What's this mean for my chances for other merit aid?

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby risa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:38 pm

az21833 wrote:Alternate for Wilson, found out today. What's this mean for my chances for other merit aid?

damn that was insanely fast turnaround!
(sorry, I don't know the answer to your question)

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:12 am

Sup Penn thread? Can I chill with you guys for a while?

labellavita688
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby labellavita688 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:21 am

Anyone else having status checker issues? :(

nimo
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby nimo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:29 am

labellavita688 wrote:Anyone else having status checker issues? :(


+1

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:32 am

labellavita688 wrote:Anyone else having status checker issues? :(


Yes :( Someone posted a fix in the NYU thread for Macs, which worked on my Mac at home, but it doesn't work on my work windows computer

lawprospie
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby lawprospie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 am

I'm still not UR and I went complete in late mid January. :(

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:08 am

So many frowns today.

User avatar
Save_Ferris
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Save_Ferris » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 am

lawprospie wrote:I'm still not UR and I went complete in late mid January. :(


Same. I'm stuck at 1/24 complete date. Hopefully we'll see some movement soon!

lawprospie
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby lawprospie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 am

To add to the frowning...I just stalked the Penn Law 2016 FB group and so many ppl from my undergrad and friends of friends are in that group. Penn can I join da club?

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ph5354a » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:40 am

Save_Ferris wrote:
lawprospie wrote:I'm still not UR and I went complete in late mid January. :(


Same. I'm stuck at 1/24 complete date. Hopefully we'll see some movement soon!


+1

1/30 complete.

swordking90
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby swordking90 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:40 pm

nimo wrote:
labellavita688 wrote:Anyone else having status checker issues? :(


+1


Same here. Can't access the status checker page.

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby FlowBro » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:39 pm

No problems accessing here, unfortunately, still stuck at UR2 2/22. Will there be action this week?

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Oh great... app deadline extended to March 8.. This can only mean we'll all be waiting longer, no?

cheerios16
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby cheerios16 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:54 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:Oh great... app deadline extended to March 8.. This can only mean we'll all be waiting longer, no?


Where did you see that?

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 pm

cheerios16 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:Oh great... app deadline extended to March 8.. This can only mean we'll all be waiting longer, no?


Where did you see that?


On the penn law "how to apply website" there's a link to this update:

http://pennlaw.tumblr.com/post/44146895079/penn-law-response-to-lsac-website-outage

cheerios16
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby cheerios16 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:56 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:
cheerios16 wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:Oh great... app deadline extended to March 8.. This can only mean we'll all be waiting longer, no?


Where did you see that?


On the penn law "how to apply website" there's a link to this update:

http://pennlaw.tumblr.com/post/44146895079/penn-law-response-to-lsac-website-outage


Thanks




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Google [Bot], KatCoco, SevenSeven77, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests