Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby digifly » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:29 am

For UG i was able to submit tax returns pretty late - I think I actually received an award first and the tax returns were just to verify?

Also, when should I notify Penn about my $$$ at UVA to see what there counteroffer is?

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:52 am

ph5354a wrote:I know that early on it took quite a while to go from Complete to UCR1. For the more recent applicants, how long should I expect to wait? I went complete on 1/31.

I went complete on 1/29 (applied 1/19 or something) and am still not UCR1. :|

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby az21833 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:01 pm

calls friday?

racrfish
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby racrfish » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:06 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
ph5354a wrote:I know that early on it took quite a while to go from Complete to UCR1. For the more recent applicants, how long should I expect to wait? I went complete on 1/31.

I went complete on 1/29 (applied 1/19 or something) and am still not UCR1. :|


I applied 1/13, Complete 1/25, still not UCR1. Fun times.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:11 pm

In the letter I received in my admit packet, you DO need to submit copies of BOTH you and your parents tax returns AND W-2's.

steakandchicken
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby steakandchicken » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 pm

racrfish wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
ph5354a wrote:I know that early on it took quite a while to go from Complete to UCR1. For the more recent applicants, how long should I expect to wait? I went complete on 1/31.

I went complete on 1/29 (applied 1/19 or something) and am still not UCR1. :|


I applied 1/13, Complete 1/25, still not UCR1. Fun times.


Applied 1/7, Complete 1/18, UCR1 2/7

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:14 pm

cgw wrote:
02889 wrote:For those who have already submitted financial aid forms - in addition to FAFSA and Need Access, do we have to submit just our parents' and our federal tax turns, or the w-2's as well? The admitted students page isn't super informative, and I seem to remember the financial aid forms in the acceptance packet mentioning W-2 forms but I don't have them to check.


I haven't submitted yet (just got in last week and am still :shock:), but I can't imagine they'd need the w-2s. I mean, if the IRS doesn't actually need to see them, why does Penn?

Anyone know where/to whom we send the tax returns?


This information is contained in a letter in the acceptance packet, idk if it's on the admitted students. There is also a form you need to attach to the copies of the tax returns and W-2's, also included in the packet.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 pm

digifly wrote:For UG i was able to submit tax returns pretty late - I think I actually received an award first and the tax returns were just to verify?

Also, when should I notify Penn about my $$$ at UVA to see what there counteroffer is?


Look ITT 1-2 pages back for Penn specific info, and also in the "Negotiating Scholarships Works!!!!" thread for people's opinions on timing. It is a matter of opinion when to do so, but you won't be notified of your award until March/most likely April either way, as their response has been that they will take it into consideration when they release aid awards in March/April.

User avatar
ph5354a
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby ph5354a » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:41 pm

steakandchicken wrote:
racrfish wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
ph5354a wrote:I know that early on it took quite a while to go from Complete to UCR1. For the more recent applicants, how long should I expect to wait? I went complete on 1/31.

I went complete on 1/29 (applied 1/19 or something) and am still not UCR1. :|


I applied 1/13, Complete 1/25, still not UCR1. Fun times.


Applied 1/7, Complete 1/18, UCR1 2/7


Thanks everyone. Looks like ~3 weeks.

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby LRGhost » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 pm

steakandchicken wrote:Applied 1/7, Complete 1/18, UCR1 2/7


Almost exactly the same for me.

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bananapudding88 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:53 pm

az21833 wrote:calls friday?


+1. This is relevant to my interests. Could really use some good news, and would love to go to Penn.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Cobretti » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Any UCR2s today?

CMC88
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby CMC88 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:43 pm

aiaea wrote:
az21833 wrote:calls friday?


+1. This is relevant to my interests. Could really use some good news, and would love to go to Penn.


Usually they call on Fridays. That's when I received the call, and I'm pretty sure the majority of other admits did as well.

cgw
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby cgw » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:03 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:
cgw wrote:
02889 wrote:For those who have already submitted financial aid forms - in addition to FAFSA and Need Access, do we have to submit just our parents' and our federal tax turns, or the w-2's as well? The admitted students page isn't super informative, and I seem to remember the financial aid forms in the acceptance packet mentioning W-2 forms but I don't have them to check.


I haven't submitted yet (just got in last week and am still :shock:), but I can't imagine they'd need the w-2s. I mean, if the IRS doesn't actually need to see them, why does Penn?

Anyone know where/to whom we send the tax returns?


This information is contained in a letter in the acceptance packet, idk if it's on the admitted students. There is also a form you need to attach to the copies of the tax returns and W-2's, also included in the packet.


That makes sense. I haven't received the packet yet and I'm totally jumping the gun.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:07 pm

CMC88 wrote:
aiaea wrote:
az21833 wrote:calls friday?


+1. This is relevant to my interests. Could really use some good news, and would love to go to Penn.


Usually they call on Fridays. That's when I received the call, and I'm pretty sure the majority of other admits did as well.


I'll put money on it. At this point, Penn doesn't seem to be making huge admit waves anymore, but small trickles week by week. I'm sure there are plenty more acceptances to come though.

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby megagnarley » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:08 pm

UR1 1/31

Still not UR2.

Consensus is waitlist?

User avatar
bob loblaw11
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bob loblaw11 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:18 pm

megagnarley wrote:UR1 1/31

Still not UR2.

Consensus is waitlist?

+1

User avatar
boomlawyered
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby boomlawyered » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:21 pm

UR1 1/17

I was thinking ding more than WL... fingers crossed!

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bananapudding88 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:27 pm

boomlawyered wrote:UR1 1/17

I was thinking ding more than WL... fingers crossed!


Doesn't everyone go UR2 regardless of whether a ding or WL is imminent? In that case, why is UR1 date relevant? I'm also asking because I had two quick updates (Complete 12/19; UCR1 2/7; UCR2 2/11) and I'm wondering if this is indicative of a quick decision to ding me or something else :|

User avatar
moneyball026
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby moneyball026 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:28 pm

aiaea wrote:
boomlawyered wrote:UR1 1/17

I was thinking ding more than WL... fingers crossed!


Doesn't everyone go UR2 regardless of whether a ding or WL is imminent? In that case, why is UR1 date relevant? I'm also asking because I had two quick updates (Complete 12/19; UCR1 2/7; UCR2 2/11) and I'm wondering if this is indicative of a quick decision to ding me or something else :|


I went UCR1 to waitlist last month.

curious66
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby curious66 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:31 pm

aiaea wrote:
boomlawyered wrote:UR1 1/17

I was thinking ding more than WL... fingers crossed!


Doesn't everyone go UR2 regardless of whether a ding or WL is imminent? In that case, why is UR1 date relevant? I'm also asking because I had two quick updates (Complete 12/19; UCR1 2/7; UCR2 2/11) and I'm wondering if this is indicative of a quick decision to ding me or something else :|


I had 3 UR updates and then was held. So, I think you are going to get a decision soon, but it could be an accept, held, WL or rejection at this point. Good luck -- hope it works out.

User avatar
bananapudding88
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bananapudding88 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:31 pm

moneyball026 wrote:
aiaea wrote:
boomlawyered wrote:UR1 1/17

I was thinking ding more than WL... fingers crossed!


Doesn't everyone go UR2 regardless of whether a ding or WL is imminent? In that case, why is UR1 date relevant? I'm also asking because I had two quick updates (Complete 12/19; UCR1 2/7; UCR2 2/11) and I'm wondering if this is indicative of a quick decision to ding me or something else :|


I went UCR1 to waitlist last month.


So is UCR2 a good thing then? Or do people who get dinged go URCR2 as well? Or is there just no rhyme or reason to any of it?

User avatar
bob loblaw11
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bob loblaw11 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Scratch that, UR2 as of today. Oh heeeey girl, holler at me :wink:

flops89
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby flops89 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:11 pm

bob loblaw11 wrote:Scratch that, UR2 as of today. Oh heeeey girl, holler at me :wink:


+1

Complete 12/17, UR1 1/17, UR2 2/13

iteachtenthgrade
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:38 pm

UCR1: 1/17
UCR: 2/13

FINALLY!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: csess, eck456, fancyfluter22, finaciardi, Houzy, mcvizz, premalone, ramp_999, smartmoon, VapidP, xn3345 and 21 guests