Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby spyke123 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Eh... Ur2 about two weeks ago but still nothing...

User avatar
battlerifle13
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby battlerifle13 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Just got the phone call! Very excited to visit Philly in March.

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Audeamus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:26 pm

battlerifle13 wrote:Just got the phone call! Very excited to visit Philly in March.


congrats!!!

lawschoolboundfuture
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Still havent heard anything and my application was complete in September. I have been on my second review since december. I'm debating emailing them and asking them about it since they say its 12 weeks from completion but its been like 18 for me.

lawschoolboundfuture
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Still havent heard anything and my application was complete in September. I have been on my second review since december. I'm debating emailing them and asking them about it since they say its 12 weeks from completion but its been like 18 for me.

5buildingsin1
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 5buildingsin1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:09 pm

In! Just got the call!!

172/3.92

User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jcan91 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Congrats to all the admits so far!

Just got rejected by Yale...UCR 2 1/22....at UPenn. Could REALLY use a pickup....

tonybromo
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby tonybromo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:15 pm

5buildingsin1 wrote:In! Just got the call!!

172/3.92
5buildingsin1 wrote:In! Just got the call!!

172/3.92

Just got the call as well! 50<Gpa<75 25<LSAT<50
Last edited by tonybromo on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Cobretti » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:34 pm

UCR1 as of yesterday

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby LRGhost » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:50 pm

mrizza wrote:UCR1 as of yesterday


+1

User avatar
lsatprepguy
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby lsatprepguy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:59 pm

in today via phone call!
172/3.96

User avatar
MustacheMarshall
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby MustacheMarshall » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Congratulations to everyone who got in today! What were your UCR dates, if you don't mind me asking?

tonybromo
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby tonybromo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:04 pm

MustacheMarshall wrote:Congratulations to everyone who got in today! What were your UCR dates, if you don't mind me asking?


I was UCR2 1/4
Last edited by tonybromo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
battlerifle13
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby battlerifle13 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:05 pm

MustacheMarshall wrote:Congratulations to everyone who got in today! What were your UCR dates, if you don't mind me asking?

1/9 Complete
1/28 UCR1
2/5 UCR2
2/8 Call

BSC
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BSC » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:53 pm

BSC wrote:UR2 1/24, just over two weeks ago. Hoping for a call today!


And just got the call!

User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jcan91 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:01 pm

BSC wrote:
BSC wrote:UR2 1/24, just over two weeks ago. Hoping for a call today!


And just got the call!


That's awesome! Congrats!

User avatar
jubee
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jubee » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:16 pm

BSC wrote:
BSC wrote:UR2 1/24, just over two weeks ago. Hoping for a call today!


And just got the call!


CONGRATS!

dang though. UCR2 same day no call. wahhhh

BSC
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BSC » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks!! I'm sure yours will come before long!

User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jcan91 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:16 pm

BSC wrote:Thanks!! I'm sure yours will come before long!


I sure hope so, because it apparently wasn't today :(

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:26 pm

jcan91 wrote:
BSC wrote:Thanks!! I'm sure yours will come before long!


I sure hope so, because it apparently wasn't today :(

Don't think too much about it. I was UCR2 12/10, someone else who was UCR 12/10 was admitted a few days later, and I didn't end up being admitted until a month after that (1/10). Best of luck!

User avatar
jcan91
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jcan91 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:39 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
jcan91 wrote:
BSC wrote:Thanks!! I'm sure yours will come before long!


I sure hope so, because it apparently wasn't today :(

Don't think too much about it. I was UCR2 12/10, someone else who was UCR 12/10 was admitted a few days later, and I didn't end up being admitted until a month after that (1/10). Best of luck!


That's really comforting to hear. Thanks!

orbotop
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby orbotop » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:44 pm

anyone have a sense for whether the essay for Wilson or other scholarship is sort of pro forma in sense of ensuring candidate's interest in Penn, or if there's fairly stiff competition for these scholarships based on quality of the essay?

jym_dawg
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby jym_dawg » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:17 pm

orbotop wrote:anyone have a sense for whether the essay for Wilson or other scholarship is sort of pro forma in sense of ensuring candidate's interest in Penn, or if there's fairly stiff competition for these scholarships based on quality of the essay?


Also interested in the answer to this

Belly
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Belly » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:50 pm

On status checker:

"Congratulations, and welcome to the Class of 2016! Your Penn Portfolio, containing information about the Law School and Philadelphia, will be sent in mid-January. Please save the date for our Admitted Students Weekend which will be held on Friday, March 22 and Saturday, March 23, 2013. You are also welcome to contact our office to arrange an individual visit to the Law School at any time by emailing admissionsrsvp@law.upenn.edu. As noted below, a deposit of $500 will be due by May 1, 2013 to secure your seat."

O_O

Damn it Penn. Just when I'd given up on you.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Cobretti » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Belly wrote:On status checker:

"Congratulations, and welcome to the Class of 2016! Your Penn Portfolio, containing information about the Law School and Philadelphia, will be sent in mid-January. Please save the date for our Admitted Students Weekend which will be held on Friday, March 22 and Saturday, March 23, 2013. You are also welcome to contact our office to arrange an individual visit to the Law School at any time by emailing admissionsrsvp@law.upenn.edu. As noted below, a deposit of $500 will be due by May 1, 2013 to secure your seat."

O_O

Damn it Penn. Just when I'd given up on you.

Wait... so if you're seeing this today that means you went at least 48 hours without checking your apps? HOW?

(and congrats)
Last edited by Cobretti on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Bing [Bot], BuyaLittleMercy, GoGreen17, GOODWORKSTE, jdanz, premalone, sec_undergrad, theothercat and 38 guests