Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
DJT
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby DJT » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 am

Checking in -- submitted RD 11/6 and still haven't gone complete either.

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby francesfarmer » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Submitted September 8 and went complete on 11/8.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Crowing » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Got my 2nd UCR today (ED)

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby spyke123 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:55 pm

went complete today! ED

joedf
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby joedf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:32 pm

For a "Why Penn?" essay, is this referring to one-page optional one on:

"Dean Michael A. Fitts has highlighted the core strengths that make Penn Law the best place to receive a rigorous and engaging legal education: genuine integration with associated disciplines; transformative, forward-looking faculty scholarship; highly-regarded experiential learning through urban clinics and our pro bono pledge; innovative, hands-on global engagement; and a manifest commitment to professional development and collegiality. These are the qualities that define Penn Law. What defines you? How do your goals and values match Penn Law’s core strengths?"


Or is there another place to submit one?

It has to be one page, right?

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 06102016 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:33 pm

..

User avatar
oaken
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby oaken » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Submitted!

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby sinfiery » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Checking in, just submitted

User avatar
harveyfan
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby harveyfan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:41 am

Checking in. Submitted today. RD.

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:16 pm

Finally went complete today.

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby digifly » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Finally went complete today.


How long did it take? (sorry if you posted it earlier, I'm on my phone and it's a hassle to go through it all)

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby NoodleyOne » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:25 pm

digifly wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:Finally went complete today.


How long did it take? (sorry if you posted it earlier, I'm on my phone and it's a hassle to go through it all)

Submitted 11/2

Emmy213
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Emmy213 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 am

2nd UCR!

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby comeonletsgo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 pm

For those of you that applied ED, is there any indication of that on your status checker? The only thing for mine is "Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)." But then at top, it says:

Your application is currently under review with the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee is committed to a holistic review of every application. Thus, it is the policy of the Admissions Committee that every file be reviewed by at least two members of the Committee. Therefore, the review process may take up to twelve weeks from the date of completion before a decision is rendered. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in the University of Pennsylvania Law School.


Wouldn't that make it after December? (Applied in late October)

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Yukos » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:58 pm

It's not weird that I've been complete since 9/20 for RD right? Seems like everyone UCR in this thread are EDs.

User avatar
JEB
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JEB » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:13 pm

I've been complete since 9/21 with no movement.

one_by_one
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby one_by_one » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:25 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:For those of you that applied ED, is there any indication of that on your status checker? The only thing for mine is "Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)." But then at top, it says:

Your application is currently under review with the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee is committed to a holistic review of every application. Thus, it is the policy of the Admissions Committee that every file be reviewed by at least two members of the Committee. Therefore, the review process may take up to twelve weeks from the date of completion before a decision is rendered. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in the University of Pennsylvania Law School.


Wouldn't that make it after December? (Applied in late October)


It says that it may take up to twelve weeks, not that it will necessarily take twelve weeks..

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby comeonletsgo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:38 pm

one_by_one wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:For those of you that applied ED, is there any indication of that on your status checker? The only thing for mine is "Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)." But then at top, it says:

Your application is currently under review with the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee is committed to a holistic review of every application. Thus, it is the policy of the Admissions Committee that every file be reviewed by at least two members of the Committee. Therefore, the review process may take up to twelve weeks from the date of completion before a decision is rendered. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in the University of Pennsylvania Law School.


Wouldn't that make it after December? (Applied in late October)


It says that it may take up to twelve weeks, not that it will necessarily take twelve weeks..


Right, but ED means that we get a response by the end of December. If it takes up to 12 weeks, that puts us out of December.

The question being: is there a different header for those who are under ED or is there just the generic one?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:40 pm

comeonletsgo wrote:
Right, but ED means that we get a response by the end of December. If it takes up to 12 weeks, that puts us out of December.

The question being: is there a different header for those who are under ED?

No. It's the same for RD. Don't look for some hidden meaning in the header.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby comeonletsgo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:47 pm

shntn wrote:
comeonletsgo wrote:
Right, but ED means that we get a response by the end of December. If it takes up to 12 weeks, that puts us out of December.

The question being: is there a different header for those who are under ED?

No. It's the same for RD. Don't look for some hidden meaning in the header.


Not looking for a "hidden meaning." Just surprised there isn't some sort of indication that it's being processed under ED, but thank you for your response.

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:11 pm

So I am still at "received" as of 11/10. Should I call?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:28 pm

HNNNNNNGGGGG

I just went from complete and in the queue for review to "Under Committee Review." :shock:

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:32 pm

shntn wrote:HNNNNNNGGGGG

I just went from complete and in the queue for review to "Under Committee Review." :shock:


Same. Does everyone go through this status?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby shntn » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:33 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
shntn wrote:HNNNNNNGGGGG

I just went from complete and in the queue for review to "Under Committee Review." :shock:


Same. Does everyone go through this status?

Yeah, I imagine so. I'd guess this means our apps are being actively reviewed. I'll check to be sure.

I just got excite because damnit, it's the only movement I've seen in a while.
Last edited by shntn on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Yukos » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Just in time for my previous post, just went from "in the queue" to "under review" (gonna try to work that into my next rap freestyle). How many times do they update the status date before you're on the verge of getting your decision?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TudoBem and 18 guests