Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fallingup » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Sent 1/8, complete 1/22. (Not sure what took them so long...)

JedBartlett
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JedBartlett » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:15 am

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:For anyone else who submitted a James Wilson Scholarship essay, did they confirm that they had received it? I submitted mine over the weekend and did not receive any confirmation.


Don't think so^

User avatar
bob loblaw11
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bob loblaw11 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:44 am

Still complete from 12/17, sigh.

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:03 pm

JedBartlett wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:For anyone else who submitted a James Wilson Scholarship essay, did they confirm that they had received it? I submitted mine over the weekend and did not receive any confirmation.


Don't think so^

Alright, thanks...

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Audeamus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Does Penn's status checker switch from complete to UR or just stay at complete w/ date changes?

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby amsong » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Audeamus wrote:Does Penn's status checker switch from complete to UR or just stay at complete w/ date changes?


It switches to UR.

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 02889 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Last year, Toll invites went out on Friday, Jan. 27. Here's to hoping they go out tomorrow (and, you know, that I get one)!

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby az21833 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:16 pm

have named sholly invites gone out?

User avatar
tekumamba
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby tekumamba » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm

OMG! ucr 1: 1/17

UCR2 TODAY! oh man here we go.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Mr. Elshal » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:03 am

So the whole 12 week thing... is that just a fairy tale or have they been holding to it?

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby francesfarmer » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 am

Got that beast of an admissions packet last night. I can't say I read it but I'm impressed by the effort.

bkdude44
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bkdude44 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:47 am

Just went under review for the third time. Is this a good sign or not? Thinking I'm headed for the waitlist.

User avatar
Psib337
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Psib337 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Checking in! I went complete 1/22, it's a long shot but they sent me a fee waiver so I figured I may as well apply and see what happens.

drh_104
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby drh_104 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:10 pm

francesfarmer wrote:Got that beast of an admissions packet last night. I can't say I read it but I'm impressed by the effort.


when were you accepted? I got the call last friday and I'm anxiously awaiting my packet!

User avatar
francesfarmer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:52 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby francesfarmer » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:13 pm

drh_104 wrote:
francesfarmer wrote:Got that beast of an admissions packet last night. I can't say I read it but I'm impressed by the effort.


when were you accepted? I got the call last friday and I'm anxiously awaiting my packet!

Last Thursday. I live in NYC. It didn't have any scholarship info or anything (which I'm probably not getting anyway).

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Today's the day.

...or not

Volforlife
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Volforlife » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Today's the day.

Please

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby amsong » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:36 pm

This is a question about holds!

The hold email says:

"Please feel free to submit additional supporting documents, such as one additional letter of recommendation, an updated resume, or an additional two page essay on the topic of your choice."

Do they really mean essay, or could I write something more about the specific reasons I am a good fit for Penn and vice versa, along with an update on what I've been doing? I was writing a LOCI-ish letter addressed to Dean Post.

User avatar
Nickg415
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Nickg415 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:58 pm

amsong wrote:This is a question about holds!

The hold email says:

"Please feel free to submit additional supporting documents, such as one additional letter of recommendation, an updated resume, or an additional two page essay on the topic of your choice."

Do they really mean essay, or could I write something more about the specific reasons I am a good fit for Penn and vice versa, along with an update on what I've been doing? I was writing a LOCI-ish letter addressed to Dean Post.


I believe they are referring to the list of essay prompts they gave you in the initial application. There is one that can basically be read as a Why Penn that could easily be turned into a "why I fit into Penn" essay if you are sure to use some of the key terms used in the essay prompt. Also make sure Dean Post is the one who will be reading it. She was the one who called me but other have been called by someone else in the admissions office. Good Luck!

UMich11
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby UMich11 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 pm

So i was ED but switched to Rd for a number of reasons. It still says UR. Anyone have an idea if it is actually UR or do ya think they are waiting to get through ED2 before moving this forward?

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby comeonletsgo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:00 pm

Nickg415 wrote:
amsong wrote:This is a question about holds!

The hold email says:

"Please feel free to submit additional supporting documents, such as one additional letter of recommendation, an updated resume, or an additional two page essay on the topic of your choice."

Do they really mean essay, or could I write something more about the specific reasons I am a good fit for Penn and vice versa, along with an update on what I've been doing? I was writing a LOCI-ish letter addressed to Dean Post.


I believe they are referring to the list of essay prompts they gave you in the initial application. There is one that can basically be read as a Why Penn that could easily be turned into a "why I fit into Penn" essay if you are sure to use some of the key terms used in the essay prompt. Also make sure Dean Post is the one who will be reading it. She was the one who called me but other have been called by someone else in the admissions office. Good Luck!


It says a topic of your choice, so I think a LOCI would be fine. I wrote about my interest in specific Penn programs and the personal reason why I applied there.

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby amsong » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:13 pm

Nickg415 wrote:
amsong wrote:This is a question about holds!

The hold email says:

"Please feel free to submit additional supporting documents, such as one additional letter of recommendation, an updated resume, or an additional two page essay on the topic of your choice."

Do they really mean essay, or could I write something more about the specific reasons I am a good fit for Penn and vice versa, along with an update on what I've been doing? I was writing a LOCI-ish letter addressed to Dean Post.


I believe they are referring to the list of essay prompts they gave you in the initial application. There is one that can basically be read as a Why Penn that could easily be turned into a "why I fit into Penn" essay if you are sure to use some of the key terms used in the essay prompt. Also make sure Dean Post is the one who will be reading it. She was the one who called me but other have been called by someone else in the admissions office. Good Luck!


Thanks! I can't be sure who will be reading it...I was thinking about addressing it to Dean Post since she signed my hold email.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Today is not the day for us ucr2 folks. *sigh*

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby risa » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Can anyone apply to the toll public interest scholars program or is it invite only? I just got an email about applying and just wondering if it is a good sign or an email that went to all admits (or anyone who checked a public interest box or something).

User avatar
chickpea
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby chickpea » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:14 pm

risa wrote:Can anyone apply to the toll public interest scholars program or is it invite only? I just got an email about applying and just wondering if it is a good sign or an email that went to all admits (or anyone who checked a public interest box or something).


I think the email was the invitation to apply.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Houzy and 6 guests