Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Cobretti » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Just went complete today, applied 1/3

User avatar
NoodleyOne
Posts: 2358
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Withdrawing my WL today. Good luck everyone, although I'll never forgive Penn for giving me my first, and so far only, WL.

User avatar
hume85
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby hume85 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 pm

mrizza wrote:Just went complete today, applied 1/3


Good luck, dude.

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fallingup » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 pm

hume85 wrote:
mrizza wrote:Just went complete today, applied 1/3


Good luck, dude.


Are you being sarcastic? That's kind of inappropriate. If not, carry on.

User avatar
hume85
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby hume85 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Wormfather wrote:
fallingup wrote:
hume85 wrote:
mrizza wrote:Just went complete today, applied 1/3


Good luck, dude.


Are you being sarcastic? That's kind of inappropriate. If not, carry on.


He wasnt being sarcastic. Some of us have spent a lot of internet time together and are pulling for each other.


This. I wasn't being sarcastic. I like mrizza a lot; he's a cool dude. I hope he gets into Penn. Just as I hope Wormfather gets into Harvard.

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby fallingup » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Oh good. I was worried you were telling him "good luck" in a sarcastic/pessimistic way since he submitted late in the cycle.

Speaking of which, just went complete today. Yay!

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:15 pm

lawschoolboundfuture wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:Hey everyone, quick question. The header on my status checker says it may take up to 12 weeks to render a decision after one's file is complete. Mine has been complete for 17 weeks at this point. Here are my relevant dates:

Complete: 9/20
UCR 1: 11/20
UCR 2: 12/1

It has been complete radio silence since then. Is anyone else in a similar situation, and at what point would it seem within the bounds of prudence to send an e-mail asking what is happening?


Hey, yes I was complete the 19th and stuck at 12/1 since then. I sent them an email this morning.


Let me know what they tell you


To you and elterrible, they replied that my application was still under review and that there were no updates. Sort of strange

User avatar
joiedevivre18
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby joiedevivre18 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:18 pm

jfrasch wrote:UCR1 : 1/17
UCR 2 : 1/22

Anybody else with this quick turnaround?


Yes, I have identical dates. 169/3.95

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby digifly » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:15 am

Just got the admissions portfolio - they didn't hold back on this one!

User avatar
learntolift
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby learntolift » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 am

isn't there something you can do to basically ask them to re-evaluate your application at any given school? or am i making this up due to my concussion

User avatar
bobr
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:42 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby bobr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 am

digifly wrote:Just got the admissions portfolio - they didn't hold back on this one!


Really excited to get mine! What was the time period from when you were accepted to you got the packet in the mail? Thanks & congrats

BSC
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby BSC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:47 am

joiedevivre18 wrote:
jfrasch wrote:UCR1 : 1/17
UCR 2 : 1/22

Anybody else with this quick turnaround?


Yes, I have identical dates. 169/3.95


I went UCR on 1/17, but no UCR2 today. 3.88/169,171

User avatar
AngeloPappas
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:55 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby AngeloPappas » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 am

BSC wrote:
joiedevivre18 wrote:
jfrasch wrote:UCR1 : 1/17
UCR 2 : 1/22

Anybody else with this quick turnaround?


Yes, I have identical dates. 169/3.95


I went UCR on 1/17, but no UCR2 today. 3.88/169,171


UCR 1/17, no UCR2

lawschoolboundfuture
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby lawschoolboundfuture » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
lawschoolboundfuture wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:Hey everyone, quick question. The header on my status checker says it may take up to 12 weeks to render a decision after one's file is complete. Mine has been complete for 17 weeks at this point. Here are my relevant dates:

Complete: 9/20
UCR 1: 11/20
UCR 2: 12/1

It has been complete radio silence since then. Is anyone else in a similar situation, and at what point would it seem within the bounds of prudence to send an e-mail asking what is happening?


Hey, yes I was complete the 19th and stuck at 12/1 since then. I sent them an email this morning.


Let me know what they tell you


To you and elterrible, they replied that my application was still under review and that there were no updates. Sort of strange


Ugh! Thanks for checking. I just want to know

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby digifly » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 am

bobr wrote:
digifly wrote:Just got the admissions portfolio - they didn't hold back on this one!


Really excited to get mine! What was the time period from when you were accepted to you got the packet in the mail? Thanks & congrats


Thanks! I think I got the call last Wednesday! Congrats to you too.

Lexie_M_89
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Lexie_M_89 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:05 am

Is there any ED2 application completing at around 1/8 who have got their decision already?

Waiting is killing me....

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Any guess as to when the next decisions will come out? Has Penn shown a preference for releasing decisions on a certain day(s)?

Chaucer1343
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Chaucer1343 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:15 pm

AngeloPappas wrote:
BSC wrote:
joiedevivre18 wrote:
jfrasch wrote:UCR1 : 1/17
UCR 2 : 1/22

Anybody else with this quick turnaround?


Yes, I have identical dates. 169/3.95


I went UCR on 1/17, but no UCR2 today. 3.88/169,171


UCR 1/17, no UCR2


Same

User avatar
pedestrian
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby pedestrian » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 pm

AngeloPappas wrote:
BSC wrote:
joiedevivre18 wrote:
jfrasch wrote:UCR1 : 1/17
UCR 2 : 1/22

Anybody else with this quick turnaround?


Yes, I have identical dates. 169/3.95


I went UCR on 1/17, but no UCR2 today. 3.88/169,171


UCR 1/17, no UCR2


+1

troberts
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby troberts » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Lexie_M_89 wrote:Is there any ED2 application completing at around 1/8 who have got their decision already?

Waiting is killing me....


I went complete on the 1/7, but I'm stuck on UCR 1/11.

iteachtenthgrade
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:27 pm

Complete 12/5, finally UCR1 1/17.

No UCR2 for me yet either...

3.6/172

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby 02889 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:00 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:Complete 12/5, finally UCR1 1/17.

No UCR2 for me yet either...

3.6/172

Not that you've been waiting very long to go UR2, but I never had an UR2 update before getting accepted, so it's apparently not a necessary step.

NoChainz
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 am

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby NoChainz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Complete 12/6
UCR 1: 12/17
UCR 2: 1/22

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:01 pm

For anyone else who submitted a James Wilson Scholarship essay, did they confirm that they had received it? I submitted mine over the weekend and did not receive any confirmation.

User avatar
Jpreece59
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: Penn C/O 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 Cycle)

Postby Jpreece59 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:11 pm

Checking in (171/4.16)

Sent 1/7
Complete 1/18




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”