Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 06102016 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:31 pm

..

User avatar
CatFacts
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby CatFacts » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Congrats either way! Even with the splitter-friendliness this cycle, a solid app is a solid app.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:01 pm

A 3.6 getting in isnt that unusual for Boalt. Anything below that is where it starts getting dicey.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=162680

A great post for splitters, indicating their GPA floor is 3.55. One can hope itll go lower this cycle.

User avatar
wbrother
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wbrother » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm

UR 11/28! 3.21/164 AA URM. What's the average time between UR and Decision?

joedf
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby joedf » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:07 pm

UR 11/28, submitted 11/21. 172/3.7. Should I expect to find out around the New Year?

spyke123
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:41 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby spyke123 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:09 pm

also UR today! 166/3.9

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sinfiery » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:11 pm

UR too!

Submitted 11/20

User avatar
Kitkatt
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Kitkatt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:29 pm

UR as well! Submitted 11/21.

trombalontana
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Post removed.

Postby trombalontana » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by trombalontana on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby elblufer » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Guess I should check in here. 164/3.73. Applied 11/11, Under Review as of 11/21. I know I'm a long shot, but I'd love to go to Berkeley. If admitted, I'd take it at full price over any other school.

User avatar
RSterling
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby RSterling » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 pm

trombalontana wrote:In via phone call this evening! Stoked!!


#'s? submit/complete date?

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:21 pm

trombalontana wrote:In via phone call this evening! Stoked!!


Congrats! It's good to know they are making calls today

trombalontana
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Post removed.

Postby trombalontana » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by trombalontana on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mathais43
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mathais43 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Checking in! Submitted 11/1, Complete 11/1, UR 11/13.

Not expecting to be in the first round of acceptances, I'm hovering ever-so-slightly above the LSAT and GPA medians. It might be a long few months.

Snuffles1
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Snuffles1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:31 pm

In just now via phone call. Stats in profile.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:38 pm

Snuffles1 wrote:In just now via phone call. Stats in profile.


Grats!

User avatar
CatFacts
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby CatFacts » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:38 pm

elblufer wrote:Guess I should check in here. 164/3.73. Applied 11/11, Under Review as of 11/21. I know I'm a long shot, but I'd love to go to Berkeley. If admitted, I'd take it at full price over any other school.


My sentiments exactly.

comeonletsgo
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:20 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby comeonletsgo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Snuffles1 wrote:In just now via phone call. Stats in profile.



Congrats!!!

Snuffles1
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:39 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Snuffles1 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks much! :D

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 06102016 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:50 pm

..

lepache
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:08 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lepache » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Got in via phone call a couple of hours ago (around 5:45 EST). Very happy, also surprised because I know they don't tend to love people who are still in undergrad, which I am.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Yukos » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Once the acceptances start for people who went complete weeks after you is it safe to say you'll end up in faculty review?

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Yukos wrote:Once the acceptances start for people who went complete weeks after you is it safe to say you'll end up in faculty review?


My guess is yes. Or we've been dinged and are merely waiting to get the email saying so on Jan. 1/2, when the mass flow of rejections apparently comes out. :) I hate to say it, but I think we are going to see a bunch of depressing posts in early Jan.

User avatar
tsr92
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:52 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby tsr92 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:
Yukos wrote:Once the acceptances start for people who went complete weeks after you is it safe to say you'll end up in faculty review?


My guess is yes. Or we've been dinged and are merely waiting to get the email saying so on Jan. 1/2, when the mass flow of rejections apparently comes out. :) I hate to say it, but I think we are going to see a bunch of depressing posts in early Jan.


I skimmed through last year's thread and it seems that some people were getting acceptances after people who went UR at later dates. Don't know why this was, but I'd say that there is still a chance of getting accepted without going to faculty review even if people who went UR later get accepted first.

User avatar
bellbane12
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:13 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bellbane12 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:26 am

tsr92 wrote:
CO2016YEAH wrote:
Yukos wrote:Once the acceptances start for people who went complete weeks after you is it safe to say you'll end up in faculty review?


My guess is yes. Or we've been dinged and are merely waiting to get the email saying so on Jan. 1/2, when the mass flow of rejections apparently comes out. :) I hate to say it, but I think we are going to see a bunch of depressing posts in early Jan.


I skimmed through last year's thread and it seems that some people were getting acceptances after people who went UR at later dates. Don't know why this was, but I'd say that there is still a chance of getting accepted without going to faculty review even if people who went UR later get accepted first.


They probably take the best numbers first, then work their way down to fill their below 25th percentile (either LSAT or GPA) spots.
I have a solid LSAT but low GPA for Berkeley, so I'm expecting a long wait, if not rejection.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, emirleee, Ferrisjso, Jellypyoo, Lmorina126, pd_1023, potterotter, Smallville, Why??? and 33 guests