Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
onix
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby onix » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:09 pm

ssanonymous wrote:
onix wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:yeah... I don't want to induce panic though. Just look at the award details on the finaid page. It'll let you know if it's need based or a matching scholarship.


Looked at the Award Details and it says "Grant - Law" under category "Other Gift Aid". Does it specifically say matching in yours?


Then that's finaid. Mine says matching scholarship.


Thanks. That clears things.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:26 pm

helix23 wrote:
hopefully at the asw they bring us to a bar afterward, if not we'll have to innovate.


twinkletoes16 wrote:
are we doing a bar review thurs? or a TLS 0L review?


I get in Friday morning. but real though, twinkle, helix, others attending ASW, tls '16 should meet up & hit the town friday

lampshade0520
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lampshade0520 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:34 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
helix23 wrote:
hopefully at the asw they bring us to a bar afterward, if not we'll have to innovate.


twinkletoes16 wrote:
are we doing a bar review thurs? or a TLS 0L review?


I get in Friday morning. but real though, twinkle, helix, others attending ASW, tls '16 should meet up & hit the town friday


count me in on this too! would love to meet everyone

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:45 pm

lampshade0520 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
helix23 wrote:
hopefully at the asw they bring us to a bar afterward, if not we'll have to innovate.


twinkletoes16 wrote:
are we doing a bar review thurs? or a TLS 0L review?


I get in Friday morning. but real though, twinkle, helix, others attending ASW, tls '16 should meet up & hit the town friday


count me in on this too! would love to meet everyone



idk the best way to go about this but if everyone is in the FB group, maybe pm me your names and we can start a group message for a friday meetup? i forget what Berkeley has planned for us if anything Fri night but I definitely all want to hang out!

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby helix23 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
lampshade0520 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
helix23 wrote:
hopefully at the asw they bring us to a bar afterward, if not we'll have to innovate.


twinkletoes16 wrote:
are we doing a bar review thurs? or a TLS 0L review?


I get in Friday morning. but real though, twinkle, helix, others attending ASW, tls '16 should meet up & hit the town friday


count me in on this too! would love to meet everyone



idk the best way to go about this but if everyone is in the FB group, maybe pm me your names and we can start a group message for a friday meetup? i forget what Berkeley has planned for us if anything Fri night but I definitely all want to hang out!


I can't tell what's on the schedule for the general populace, but it looks like dinner from 6-8. If there isn't anything official after I know where all the bars are in the area. Hit me up on FB.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 am

hmm. i'm not in the FB group. I see Berkeley Law Class of 2015.. wheres 2016?

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby helix23 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:05 am

jbagelboy wrote:hmm. i'm not in the FB group. I see Berkeley Law Class of 2015.. wheres 2016?


http://www.facebook.com/groups/519840564716351/

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:12 am

helix23 wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:hmm. i'm not in the FB group. I see Berkeley Law Class of 2015.. wheres 2016?


http://www.facebook.com/groups/519840564716351/


danke. now to play who's who

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:35 am

small group. I have mutual friends w/ most of these people. elite universities make for low degrees of separation

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:20 am

Got the "you don't get need-based aid" email and panicked, thinking it was NO MATCHING SCHOLLY FOR YOU email.



please, end this misery berkeley. preferably on a happy note.

User avatar
Omnivalc
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Omnivalc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:37 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:Got the "you don't get need-based aid" email and panicked, thinking it was NO MATCHING SCHOLLY FOR YOU email.



please, end this misery berkeley. preferably on a happy note.


Wait, Berkeley sends a "you don't get need-based aid" email? Cuz I didn't get no aid AND I didn't get no e-mail. Feeling mad left out.

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:46 am

Omnivalc wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:Got the "you don't get need-based aid" email and panicked, thinking it was NO MATCHING SCHOLLY FOR YOU email.



please, end this misery berkeley. preferably on a happy note.


Wait, Berkeley sends a "you don't get need-based aid" email? Cuz I didn't get no aid AND I didn't get no e-mail. Feeling mad left out.


+1

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9635
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jbagelboy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:47 am

twinkletoes16 wrote:Got the "you don't get need-based aid" email and panicked, thinking it was NO MATCHING SCHOLLY FOR YOU email.



please, end this misery berkeley. preferably on a happy note.


is that cornell offer not just too juicy tho event if cal gives you $25k? :)

User avatar
ssanonymous
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ssanonymous » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:52 pm

You guys, this thread is really scaring the crap out of me: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=130044&start=75

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:25 pm

ssanonymous wrote:You guys, this thread is really scaring the crap out of me: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=130044&start=75



That's from 2010 though so I think it could be a liiiiittle outdated.

User avatar
postard
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby postard » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:46 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:You guys, this thread is really scaring the crap out of me: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&start=75



That's from 2010 though so I think it could be a liiiiittle outdated.


Oh god, twinkle, I should've read your comment before I started crying three pages deep into that ;p

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 pm

postard wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
ssanonymous wrote:You guys, this thread is really scaring the crap out of me: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=130044&start=75



That's from 2010 though so I think it could be a liiiiittle outdated.


Oh god, twinkle, I should've read your comment before I started crying three pages deep into that ;p



Yeah I mean I'm ALL for being wary and debt-averse but this was also when the bottom of the economy fell out so things are probably sliiiiightly better.

User avatar
pannekoeken
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby pannekoeken » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:46 am

Has literally only one person heard back about matching scholarships, and it was a denial?

I'm getting pretty scared... like twinkle, Berkeley is my dream (aside from the hail mary that is Stanford), but I can't justify going there at sticker when I have $$ from CCN.

onix
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby onix » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:43 am

pannekoeken wrote:Has literally only one person heard back about matching scholarships, and it was a denial?

I'm getting pretty scared... like twinkle, Berkeley is my dream (aside from the hail mary that is Stanford), but I can't justify going there at sticker when I have $$ from CCN.


Going several pages back it seems at least one got matched in full, one partial, in additional to the denied one. Several reportedly have full ride, but I suspect that they're combinations of aids including matching.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TripTrip » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Just withdrew from Berk. The email felt like we were making a deal, because they sent back a one word response: "Done."

shawn11h
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shawn11h » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Did anyone else get an email about breakfast at the Dean's house on Sunday?

User avatar
venus
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby venus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:41 pm

shawn11h wrote:Did anyone else get an email about breakfast at the Dean's house on Sunday?

Nope :(

User avatar
dcg2120
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby dcg2120 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Withdrawn. Best of luck to everyone, hope you end up in sunny CA!

User avatar
digifly
Posts: 652
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby digifly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:37 pm

TripTrip wrote:Just withdrew from Berk. The email felt like we were making a deal, because they sent back a one word response: "Done."


When I withdrew from the WL they replied, "Okay."

ledbyfaithnotsight06
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ledbyfaithnotsight06 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:45 pm

shawn11h wrote:Did anyone else get an email about breakfast at the Dean's house on Sunday?



yes, i believe it may be a urm thing though...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, ewan0707, headrangerwoody, Long shot hero, sre08, yoglol and 9 guests