Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lampshade0520
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lampshade0520 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:48 pm

nigerian22 wrote:Sorry I thought you meant when it is on Hold or when they send you that "You have passed the initial review" email.

Yes absolutely Berkeley doesn't like post-WL LOCI's unless they explicitly so request.

Sorry for any confusion!



wait so you should send LOCI after FR but not after waitlist? I'm all kinds of confused.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TripTrip » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:53 pm

lampshade0520 wrote:
nigerian22 wrote:Sorry I thought you meant when it is on Hold or when they send you that "You have passed the initial review" email.

Yes absolutely Berkeley doesn't like post-WL LOCI's unless they explicitly so request.

Sorry for any confusion!



wait so you should send LOCI after FR but not after waitlist? I'm all kinds of confused.

It seems that, overall, Berkeley is not a fan of LOCIs.

They have been pretty explicit about not wanting them after WL though.

User avatar
Rory19
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Rory19 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:10 pm

This may be paranoia but I submitted an LOCI after being notified of FR1 and I was rejected last week...Not to say that is the reason, but maybe it did not help.

nigerian22
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nigerian22 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:13 pm

TripTrip wrote:
lampshade0520 wrote:
nigerian22 wrote:Sorry I thought you meant when it is on Hold or when they send you that "You have passed the initial review" email.

Yes absolutely Berkeley doesn't like post-WL LOCI's unless they explicitly so request.

Sorry for any confusion!



wait so you should send LOCI after FR but not after waitlist? I'm all kinds of confused.

It seems that, overall, Berkeley is not a fan of LOCIs.

They have been pretty explicit about not wanting them after WL though.


In general, you're right. I do wish to maintain the caveat that when I submitted mine after the Administrative Review stage (upon receiving the Now-to-FR-you-go email), they considered it. Friends who have submitted it after the Hold email have also had the same experience. I think you have to ask them to confirm receipt of the LOCI email & file it. And again I STRONGLY STRONGLY STRONGLY urge upon you that just an I-still-love-you-Berkeley LOCI won't do the trick (unless they're yield-protecting by waitlisting or holding you); you have to list & explain meaningful, at least loosely relevant accomplishments that have happened since you applied or which you for some reason forgot to mention earlier. Please make sure you file no more than 1 LOCI unless the 2nd LOCI happens to be "Oh I just won the Nobel/Oscar"

:)

lampshade0520
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lampshade0520 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:58 pm

great. i'm not going to risk submitting one. thanks for the input guys.

User avatar
boblawlob
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby boblawlob » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:11 pm

It's so quiet.

hattrick87
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby hattrick87 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:06 pm

My guess is that next Friday will be the earliest anyone F2 hears anything.

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mac35352 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:20 pm

What I got from last year's thread was that after the FR1 dings, waitlist, acceptances, etc in the middle of February, no FR1/FR2 heard over a week later (most of them dings). Then FR2 people got news a few days later.
It was a super reach for me so I'm OK with whatever happens...UR 1/25 no FR and expecting bad news next week.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TripTrip » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:24 pm

mac35352 wrote:UR 1/25 no FR and expecting bad news next week.

Yeah, sorry man. We established over in the Georgetown thread that 1/25 is a bad omen everywhere.

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mac35352 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 pm

TripTrip wrote:
mac35352 wrote:UR 1/25 no FR and expecting bad news next week.

Yeah, sorry man. We established over in the Georgetown thread that 1/25 is a bad omen everywhere.

As a girl who went to Catholic school, I find the proverbial messages to be hillarious. Unfortunately, my destiny at Berkeley was decided on 1:25.
"Because you disdained all my counsel, and my reproof you ignored — I, in my turn, will laugh at your doom; will mock when terror overtakes you."
Proverbs 1:25-26
:lol: :(

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mac35352 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:34 pm

First decision of the year....and is a ding! Ouch. Good luck to those waiting.

User avatar
boblawlob
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby boblawlob » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:39 pm

mac35352 wrote:First decision of the year....and is a ding! Ouch. Good luck to those waiting.

Same here. :cry:

Oh well, it was a long shot.

User avatar
Bloomsie
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Bloomsie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:40 pm

mac35352 wrote:First decision of the year....and is a ding! Ouch. Good luck to those waiting.


Ding. 170/3.5X. Sorta saw it coming with a GPA under the 25th percentile, but was holding out hope for a West Coast school. Makes my cycle through the status checkers a little shorter.

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mac35352 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:41 pm

boblawlob wrote:
mac35352 wrote:First decision of the year....and is a ding! Ouch. Good luck to those waiting.

Same here. :cry:

Oh well, it was a long shot.

After looking at the incredible numbers they rejected last week, i don't feel that bad. Lol. Good luck :)

User avatar
named
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby named » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Ding

hinakas
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:09 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby hinakas » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Sorry for all the dings, guys. Looks like today is going to be one of those bloodbaths. Were any of you guys FR2?

User avatar
boblawlob
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby boblawlob » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:45 pm

hinakas wrote:Sorry for all the dings, guys. Looks like today is going to be one of those bloodbaths. Were any of you guys FR2?

UR since 2/4

User avatar
named
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby named » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:45 pm

boblawlob wrote:
hinakas wrote:Sorry for all the dings, guys. Looks like today is going to be one of those bloodbaths. Were any of you guys FR2?

UR since 2/4


Same

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mac35352 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 pm

hinakas wrote:Sorry for all the dings, guys. Looks like today is going to be one of those bloodbaths. Were any of you guys FR2?

No UR 1/25.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Rlabo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 pm

First Ding, kinda stings but my parents were never gonna let me go west coast anyway

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:21 pm

First ding of the cycle. Kind if expecting it though. Still, would have been nice. UR 1/25.

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mac35352 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Micdiddy wrote:First ding of the cycle. Kind if expecting it though. Still, would have been nice. UR 1/25.

UR 1/25 as well...at least it was quick. This was the last app I submitted and the first one I hear from so it makes it harder to stand the silence from the rest of the schools I applied to.

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2190
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:39 pm

mac35352 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:First ding of the cycle. Kind if expecting it though. Still, would have been nice. UR 1/25.

UR 1/25 as well...at least it was quick. This was the last app I submitted and the first one I hear from so it makes it harder to stand the silence from the rest of the schools I applied to.


Yeah man. I was there for a long time after Duke held me and no other school would give me the time of day. For literally 4 weeks or so it was total silence and then I got two acceptances before this ding so it's prob not as hard on me. Don't worry your acceptances are coming!

User avatar
jmorrisumn
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jmorrisumn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:38 pm

And ding. Not exactly surprised after not hitting FR2; retaking and applying earlier cycle after next; I was only in it this cycle for joint programs anyway to try and cut a year off the Masters/JD i want. The trade off is a year shorter vs two different schools, so not too bummed.

Hyee
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Hyee » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:42 pm

ding'd from the school I just graduated from, bummers.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ewan0707, TudoBem and 16 guests