Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NCSU>UNC
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:44 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby NCSU>UNC » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:47 am

Congrats to those admitted.

Good luck to those in FR1 and FR2.

For those like me, still UR but not FR, it looks pretty grim for us. I just read through last year's thread and, as far as I could tell, everyone that didn't make it to FR was dinged on Friday 2/17. Tomorrow will likely be the end of the road for us. :(

User avatar
Micdiddy
Posts: 2189
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:54 am

NCSU>UNC wrote:Congrats to those admitted.

Good luck to those in FR1 and FR2.

For those like me, still UR but not FR, it looks pretty grim for us. I just read through last year's thread and, as far as I could tell, everyone that didn't make it to FR was dinged on Friday 2/17. Tomorrow will likely be the end of the road for us. :(


When did you go UR?
I am still UR, no FR for me, but I have only been UR since 1/25, so I am hoping he hasn't gotten around to adequately evaluating my file yet, and there might be another go around of admissions for us :D I hope

User avatar
NCSU>UNC
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:44 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby NCSU>UNC » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:33 am

Micdiddy wrote:
NCSU>UNC wrote:Congrats to those admitted.

Good luck to those in FR1 and FR2.

For those like me, still UR but not FR, it looks pretty grim for us. I just read through last year's thread and, as far as I could tell, everyone that didn't make it to FR was dinged on Friday 2/17. Tomorrow will likely be the end of the road for us. :(


When did you go UR?
I am still UR, no FR for me, but I have only been UR since 1/25, so I am hoping he hasn't gotten around to adequately evaluating my file yet, and there might be another go around of admissions for us :D I hope


UR 12/7. I was referring more to the December/November/October folks. You probably have more hope than the earlier non-FR applicants.

Good luck.

sonny
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sonny » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:14 am

NCSU>UNC wrote:Congrats to those admitted.

Good luck to those in FR1 and FR2.

For those like me, still UR but not FR, it looks pretty grim for us. I just read through last year's thread and, as far as I could tell, everyone that didn't make it to FR was dinged on Friday 2/17. Tomorrow will likely be the end of the road for us. :(


True. At least the waiting will be over!

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:58 am

It is now February 15th, they have begun deliberations on our FR2 apps!!!

sonny
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sonny » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:04 am

ManOfTheMinute wrote:It is now February 15th, they have begun deliberations on our FR2 apps!!!


Not in my time zone. 1 hour to finish my LOCI.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:08 am

sonny wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:It is now February 15th, they have begun deliberations on our FR2 apps!!!


Not in my time zone. 1 hour to finish my LOCI.


Then GTFO and do it! hahaha

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bluecouch » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:06 am

Checking in as FR2. I really like that we'll hear something by March 8. At this point, even if it's bad, I just want to know.

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby iMisto » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:27 am

Where do broken hearts go?

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:30 am

Bring on the D

Ruthie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Ruthie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:44 am

Just got my FR1 status yesterday, they said I should have a deception by 3/8.

After reading this, that decision is probably a nope :/

BigZuck
Posts: 10852
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:57 am

BigZuck wrote:If he sorts people into a yes, no, and maybe pile then why are there people who have been complete for 5 months that have neither been accepted, denied, or sent to FR? If they were yes then they would have been accepted, no then denied, or maybe they would have gone to FR. Why wouldn't he act on their apps by this point?

User avatar
sean21
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:45 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sean21 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:03 am

BigZuck wrote:
BigZuck wrote:If he sorts people into a yes, no, and maybe pile then why are there people who have been complete for 5 months that have neither been accepted, denied, or sent to FR? If they were yes then they would have been accepted, no then denied, or maybe they would have gone to FR. Why wouldn't he act on their apps by this point?


You may get fr2 today.

User avatar
joiedevivre18
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby joiedevivre18 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:09 am

Got a FR email yesterday. First one, says a decision will be made by Mar 8.

Submitted 1/8, complete 1/15.

User avatar
Rory19
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Rory19 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:19 am

WhatOurBodiesAreFor wrote:If 20% of T14 admits actively post on TLS, that would mean at least 40 people should post on here that they've received the acceptance call off of FR. So far I'm counting ~20.

These are very imprecise and speculative numbers here, but it does seem that there are some more FR acceptances to be had.


I want to believe this but this assumes that the ~200 FR acceptances predominately come from FR1 which other than possible anecdotal trends from previous cycles (I have not researched this) is not addressed in Dean Tom's article. I want to believe you're right but with the large amount of strong candidates that have been sent to FR2 (e.g. Man of the Minute) I can't help but think the remaining FR acceptances are for them.

Another potential outcome for FR1s today (other than WL and Ding) is FR2, I did see an instance of that last cycle.

Despite all this speculation to ease my own anxiety, today is Judgement Day!

andreskicdo
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby andreskicdo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 am

FR1. Ok more waiting I guess...

User avatar
Rory19
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Rory19 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:34 am

Just to avoid confusion, I will restate a post from someone a few pages back:

The difference between FR1 and FR2 is timeframe. If you were sent an email that indicates you will have a decision by Feb. 15th you are FR1. If you received an email that said you will have a decision by March 8th you are FR2. There is no FR3.

User avatar
sean21
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:45 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sean21 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:40 am

Hahah someone from FR1 was held to FR2?? That's too much

User avatar
Rory19
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Rory19 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:44 am

sean21 wrote:Hahah someone from FR1 was held to FR2?? That's too much


Can you imagine watching your phone with the same anxiety of this week AGAIN three weeks later?!

But I think this shows me how much I truly want Berk bc I would rather have that outcome today than a WL or a ding.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby TripTrip » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 am

Man, I didn't even notice that decisions are today until I read this thread. My FR1 email says Feb 15th too.

I yearn for the bliss of ten minutes ago when I could have gone about my day like a normal person. :|

shawn11h
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shawn11h » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:36 am

Good luck to all those FR1 people who did not get a call yesterday. And Congrats to those that did!!!

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JamesDean1955 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:40 am

Even with the unnecessary fourth option of FR1 --> FR2, Berk's admissions process is still way better than NYU's bs process. Hearing something is better than nothing at all.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:43 am

JamesDean1955 wrote:Even with the unnecessary fourth option of FR1 --> FR2, Berk's admissions process is still way better than NYU's bs process. Hearing something is better than nothing at all.

I can't agree on the NYU part, but the bolded is incredibly true.

andreskicdo
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby andreskicdo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:45 am

My decision is supposed to be on/around March 8th....so I'm FR2 even though it's my first communication from Berk?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:46 am

andreskicdo wrote:My decision is supposed to be on/around March 8th....so I'm FR2 even though it's my first communication from Berk?

Apparently.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, call-me-bubbles, champagnepapi, Houzy, JosefK, Nickel94 and 17 guests