Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
coriander
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby coriander » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:55 pm

smartin1532 wrote:
dsn32 wrote:Still no Ding or FR, complete 10/24. I am pretending that the lack of news means Berkeley is freaking out about their lack of diverse PS left in the applicant pool and is going to admit me very soon! But seriously, I have no idea what to make of this for us late Oct./early Nov. URs who have had nothing since. Here's to hoping it's positive!


+1 !!!!!!!!!


+1

shawn11h
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shawn11h » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:56 pm

akasabian wrote:Went complete late January.
Got ding today. Not expecting to get in but was first ding
:oops:



Sorry about the ding. If you don't mind my asking, when was your UR date?

viksn1
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:52 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby viksn1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Just got the call in!!!!! Submitted 9/16 UR 10/24 FR1 1/23

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby simplycatalina » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:59 pm

viksn1 wrote:Just got the call in!!!!! Submitted 9/16 UR 10/24 FR1 1/23


congrats!

User avatar
gingerbreadsmouse
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby gingerbreadsmouse » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 pm

viksn1 wrote:Just got the call in!!!!! Submitted 9/16 UR 10/24 FR1 1/23


Amazing ! Congratulations!

smartin1532
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby smartin1532 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:07 pm

So, I have heard no news. . . but I am currently in the library (studying for an exam) and have no cell reception. I was wondering, if I were to receive a call (i doubt it) do they leave voicemail? If not, how do I know I got in if they were to call? I wouldn't see a missed call either so I was just wondering. Thanks! :)

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby md22 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:07 pm

BigZuck wrote:Berkeley undergrads were dinged today. That info is in the thread.


I saw this earlier. Bummer. Still hoping for the best here. Maybe FR2?

iteachtenthgrade
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Until what time do they typically make calls?

delarge3
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby delarge3 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:13 pm

smartin1532 wrote:So, I have heard no news. . . but I am currently in the library (studying for an exam) and have no cell reception. I was wondering, if I were to receive a call (i doubt it) do they leave voicemail? If not, how do I know I got in if they were to call? I wouldn't see a missed call either so I was just wondering. Thanks! :)


The Boalt twitter account once said they don't leave voicemail FWIW. Not sure if that's changed. If you miss the call you're still accepted, so check your status checker- mine changed to Admitted the same day I got the email

smartin1532
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby smartin1532 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:14 pm

delarge3 wrote:
smartin1532 wrote:So, I have heard no news. . . but I am currently in the library (studying for an exam) and have no cell reception. I was wondering, if I were to receive a call (i doubt it) do they leave voicemail? If not, how do I know I got in if they were to call? I wouldn't see a missed call either so I was just wondering. Thanks! :)


The Boalt twitter account once said they don't leave voicemail FWIW. Not sure if that's changed. If you miss the call you're still accepted, so check your status checker- mine changed to Admitted the same day I got the email


Thank you!

User avatar
blueapple
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby blueapple » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Rejected today -- 3.69/167. I went complete in early December and had seen no movement since 12/26. Good luck to you all!

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Has anything happened to any of us people who got that application under review email on 1/25?

shawn11h
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shawn11h » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:52 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:Has anything happened to any of us people who got that application under review email on 1/25?



I am in this group. Nothing has happened with me.

User avatar
applemaroon
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby applemaroon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:52 pm

.
Last edited by applemaroon on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wbrother
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wbrother » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:02 pm

So am I, still waiting
For adcoms to stop debating

User avatar
mac35352
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mac35352 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:10 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:Has anything happened to any of us people who got that application under review email on 1/25?

I got the email. Still on UR 1/25.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WhiteyCakes » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Remember when people said the closer it gets to Friday, the less likely it is that you are getting in off FR?


Don't look now but we are one day away.... :shock:

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby FlowBro » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:18 pm

mac35352 wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:Has anything happened to any of us people who got that application under review email on 1/25?

I got the email. Still on UR 1/25.


Samesies...hoping that Dean Tom comes through in the clutch tomorrow or Friday!

iteachtenthgrade
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:19 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:Remember when people said the closer it gets to Friday, the less likely it is that you are getting in off FR?


Don't look now but we are one day away.... :shock:


Not entirely sure that applies when so few people have heard PERIOD, but who knows?

Berkorbust
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:55 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Berkorbust » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:46 pm

viksn1 wrote:Just got the call in!!!!! Submitted 9/16 UR 10/24 FR1 1/23



Hey congrats. I also go to a Va state school, went under review around the same time, and am currently under FR1. Will hear back tomorrow or Friday, hopefully Berkeley has room for a few more Virginians...

User avatar
sean21
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:45 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sean21 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:52 pm

I went to the knicks game and caught a T-shirt during a timeout.

An omen.

byehds13
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby byehds13 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:56 pm

Still stuck on UR 12/6... No ding, no faculty review... Any thoughts or anyone in the same boat? It's been a really long time...

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bluecouch » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:20 am

byehds13 wrote:Still stuck on UR 12/6... No ding, no faculty review... Any thoughts or anyone in the same boat? It's been a really long time...


Me too. Maybe they lost all applications completed on 12/6...

User avatar
Rory19
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:14 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Rory19 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:39 am

iteachtenthgrade wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:Remember when people said the closer it gets to Friday, the less likely it is that you are getting in off FR?


Don't look now but we are one day away.... :shock:


Not entirely sure that applies when so few people have heard PERIOD, but who knows?


I agree. From last year's thread it is odd that only one FR#1 person heard today and one yesterday as well. The stream throughout the week last year had much more activity. I am holding out hope for a giant stack that Dean Tom cannot make all the calls to but he is trying and on Friday he will give up and many of us will get e-mail acceptances. The more realistic option though is that we are all in a stack to get WL e-mails on Friday.

WhatOurBodiesAreFor
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WhatOurBodiesAreFor » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:07 am

Seems to me that there's a lot of FR acceptances to be had yet. So few TLSers posting that they've been called, so many 170+/3.8+ers committed to T6.

Yet I don't know. I've always kind of been hopeful about Boalt because I'm non-trad-y, but I could have prepared my app better and, after all, who the hell knows?

Sigh...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], henryyou, smartmoon and 4 guests