Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:33 pm

good call on boalt not matching nu.

although nu $$$ has happened for those incentivized to defer by way of full rides.

i have 150k at uva, can i just go ahead and submit now or are they looking for better schools

thanks

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shntn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:34 pm

az21833 wrote:good call on boalt not matching nu.

although nu $$$ has happened for those incentivized to defer by way of full rides.

i have 150k at uva, can i just go ahead and submit now or are they looking for better schools

thanks

That sounds pretty solid. If I were you, I'd go ahead with that.

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:53 pm

az21833 wrote:thanks! has anybody submitted a uva/umich/nu offer for matching yet or is TCR to wait?

thanks!



I think we can't submit until feb for matching. Idk whether to:
-use a similarly ranked school who i don't hve a $ offer from yet, so wait and hope I get $ from them and submit later
-submit the first offer I have since there's likely more $ in the pool right now and I feel I'd be more likely to get it

berk is my top choice but even with my offer right now I still don't think I can afford it. :0\

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby az21833 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:57 pm

The site is open through admitted students. Im just going to submit 150 uva tomorrow, should get me decent money i pray

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:13 am

az21833 wrote:The site is open through admitted students. Im just going to submit 150 uva tomorrow, should get me decent money i pray


shiiiiiit i need more offers nooooo

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Anyone else anticipating a wave of dings tomorrow?

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:55 pm

I could be reading into things WAY too much, but a student at Berkeley viewed my LinkedIn profile at some point over the past few days... While this could be a coincidence, the list of suggested people included 4-5 law students, including a girl on the admissions committee. Now they know what I look like... :shock:

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:01 pm

HawkeyeGirl wrote:I could be reading into things WAY too much, but a student at Berkeley viewed my LinkedIn profile at some point over the past few days... While this could be a coincidence, the list of suggested people included 4-5 law students, including a girl on the admissions committee. Now they know what I look like... :shock:


Did you get the email about going to faculty review?

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:06 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
HawkeyeGirl wrote:I could be reading into things WAY too much, but a student at Berkeley viewed my LinkedIn profile at some point over the past few days... While this could be a coincidence, the list of suggested people included 4-5 law students, including a girl on the admissions committee. Now they know what I look like... :shock:


Did you get the email about going to faculty review?


Yep

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby iMisto » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:24 pm

I seriously hope they find my profile pic on FB. I TOTALLY look like a hippie. 8)

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby elblufer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:31 pm

iMisto wrote:I seriously hope they find my profile pic on FB. I TOTALLY look like a hippie. 8)


I kind of hope they check too...just because I'll feel like I over-thought things if they don't. I changed my profile pic for the admissions process. My old one wasn't bad, but could be construed that way (It was me with an 8 beer sampler in front of me. Context: It was my 21st birthday and I was at dinner with my parents, but they don't know that).
Last edited by elblufer on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rabbitrabbit
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby rabbitrabbit » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 pm

I am in FR and wondering whether it's too late to have an alum send an email in on my behalf. Had good reason for not asking earlier, but now that I'm in FR it seems stupid not to offer the decision-makers as much context as possible. My only worry (kicking myself) is that something that makes it in by this week might still be too late; I guess it can't hurt, right?

User avatar
amsong
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby amsong » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:25 pm

rabbitrabbit wrote:I am in FR and wondering whether it's too late to have an alum send an email in on my behalf. Had good reason for not asking earlier, but now that I'm in FR it seems stupid not to offer the decision-makers as much context as possible. My only worry (kicking myself) is that something that makes it in by this week might still be too late; I guess it can't hurt, right?


I would just say go for it. I can't imagine it will hurt you; worst case scenario, it just doesn't get counted.

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby risa » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Looks like they are working late AND on the weekend! Tweeted last night at 10:46PM PST:

@BoaltAdmissions Still drowning in applications. No time to phone admits. Emails instead. Big batch sent to Committee. More going later in Feb.

dan k
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:37 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby dan k » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 am

risa wrote:Looks like they are working late AND on the weekend! Tweeted last night at 10:46PM PST:

@BoaltAdmissions Still drowning in applications. No time to phone admits. Emails instead. Big batch sent to Committee. More going later in Feb.


i'm not on any social media, but the fact that they give updates (even if its just a few per cycle) via twitter almost makes me want to create an account lol.

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mcs268 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:41 am

CO2016YEAH wrote:Anyone else anticipating a wave of dings tomorrow?


Me. I'll be shocked if they don't come, considering they sent a shitton of apps to faculaty review. That said, im looking for my ding at 5PM PST.

elblufer
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby elblufer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 am

risa wrote:Looks like they are working late AND on the weekend! Tweeted last night at 10:46PM PST:

@BoaltAdmissions Still drowning in applications. No time to phone admits. Emails instead. Big batch sent to Committee. More going later in Feb.


Unfortunately, I feel like they're finalizing dings for tomorrow.

User avatar
megagnarley
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby megagnarley » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:11 am

elblufer wrote:
risa wrote:Looks like they are working late AND on the weekend! Tweeted last night at 10:46PM PST:

@BoaltAdmissions Still drowning in applications. No time to phone admits. Emails instead. Big batch sent to Committee. More going later in Feb.


Unfortunately, I feel like they're finalizing dings for tomorrow.


I'm expecting to receive one more email from Boalt during my law school career, and am expecting it to be tomorrow.

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:16 am

megagnarley wrote:
elblufer wrote:
risa wrote:Looks like they are working late AND on the weekend! Tweeted last night at 10:46PM PST:

@BoaltAdmissions Still drowning in applications. No time to phone admits. Emails instead. Big batch sent to Committee. More going later in Feb.


Unfortunately, I feel like they're finalizing dings for tomorrow.


I'm expecting to receive one more email from Boalt during my law school career, and am expecting it to be tomorrow.


Are we really expecting dings to come out on a Monday? I mean, monday's suck enough already. I figured it would be more of a Friday thing...

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:33 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
megagnarley wrote:
elblufer wrote:
Unfortunately, I feel like they're finalizing dings for tomorrow.


I'm expecting to receive one more email from Boalt during my law school career, and am expecting it to be tomorrow.


Are we really expecting dings to come out on a Monday? I mean, monday's suck enough already. I figured it would be more of a Friday thing...


If I'm not mistaken, Monday the 26th was the first big wave last year.

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Audeamus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:40 pm

CO2016YEAH wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:
megagnarley wrote:
elblufer wrote:
Unfortunately, I feel like they're finalizing dings for tomorrow.


I'm expecting to receive one more email from Boalt during my law school career, and am expecting it to be tomorrow.


Are we really expecting dings to come out on a Monday? I mean, monday's suck enough already. I figured it would be more of a Friday thing...


If I'm not mistaken, Monday the 26th was the first big wave last year.


Bracing myself..though it sounds from that tweet that admits might be going out too

steakandchicken
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby steakandchicken » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Gulp...do we think any January complete/in review folks are going to be in this batch, or are they still working through Oct, Nov, Dec?

User avatar
Audeamus
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Audeamus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:48 pm

steakandchicken wrote:Gulp...do we think any January complete/in review folks are going to be in this batch, or are they still working through Oct, Nov, Dec?


several people who went complete in Jan have already been admitted (hence why I am personally expecting a ding)

BigZuck
Posts: 10884
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Last year there was a morning bloodbath then some acceptances in the afternoon.

Hope today is the day!

steakandchicken
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby steakandchicken » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Audeamus wrote:
steakandchicken wrote:Gulp...do we think any January complete/in review folks are going to be in this batch, or are they still working through Oct, Nov, Dec?


several people who went complete in Jan have already been admitted (hence why I am personally expecting a ding)


Good to know (I'm under review since 1/7). I didn't write the 4 page PS so I too am expecting a ding. I'm kicking myself for not reading the TLS article before sending in my app!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin and 5 guests