Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shntn

Platinum
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby shntn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:43 am

kuddlykoala wrote:
wait, how do we know it's only 1 out of every 8 on CR get in?

Someone looked at past threads and the dean's TLS interview. It was a few pages back.

User avatar
kuddlykoala

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby kuddlykoala » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:04 am

oh oki dokes. thanks :)

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:24 am

Last year before FR1 email day there was a bloodbath along with some acceptances. That did not happen this year. I really hope today is the day, I don't want to sit through the weekend waiting for a Monday ding.

Berkeley, have mercy on us please.

User avatar
porch

Bronze
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby porch » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:26 am

BigZuck wrote:Last year before FR1 email day there was a bloodbath along with some acceptances. That did not happen this year. I really hope today is the day, I don't want to sit through the weekend waiting for a Monday ding.

Berkeley, have mercy on us please.


I agree, or I quit. I want to throw my laptop and phone out and run away and never come back (until April when the cycle is over). Anyone with me?

JohnMarshall17

Bronze
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:41 pm

FR1 here. Thoughts on emailing a LOCI? Berkeley is my dream school. If I were admitted, I would absolutely attend at sticker due to personal ties to the area. I'm wondering if it would be a good or bad thing to tell Berkeley this as I go through the FR process...

Lexie_M_89

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Lexie_M_89 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:45 pm

JohnMarshall17 wrote:FR1 here. Thoughts on emailing a LOCI? Berkeley is my dream school. If I were admitted, I would absolutely attend at sticker due to personal ties to the area. I'm wondering if it would be a good or bad thing to tell Berkeley this as I go through the FR process...



If so, just write it. You have nothing to lose. And you will have nothing to regret about when you are rejected or WL.

User avatar
pedestrian

Bronze
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby pedestrian » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Lexie_M_89 wrote:

If so, just write it. You have nothing to lose. And you will have nothing to regret about when you are rejected or WL.


This is how I make all of my decisions. "Looking back," I think, "how will I want to have fallen short?"

UMich11

Bronze
Posts: 414
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby UMich11 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:56 pm

pedestrian wrote:
Lexie_M_89 wrote:

If so, just write it. You have nothing to lose. And you will have nothing to regret about when you are rejected or WL.


This is how I make all of my decisions. "Looking back," I think, "how will I want to have fallen short?"


What serves as a good timeline for submitting an LOCI? I've been UR since 12/18 and assuming i survive the armageddon you Mayans have predicted for this week, is it too early for one?

ht2988

Bronze
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ht2988 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:12 pm

So is there another round of FR? I didn't make it into this round, and I highly doubt I'll get in otherwise. FR might be my only shot, but if this was the only round, then I it looks like I'm screwed.

User avatar
sean21

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:45 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby sean21 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:35 pm

ht2988 wrote:So is there another round of FR? I didn't make it into this round, and I highly doubt I'll get in otherwise. FR might be my only shot, but if this was the only round, then I it looks like I'm screwed.


Two groups, second baTch should get the email around feb 15

User avatar
clyde13

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby clyde13 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:13 pm

Faculty Review! Pretty excited, didn't think I'd make it this far with them!

User avatar
Audeamus

Bronze
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Audeamus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:38 pm

clyde13 wrote:Faculty Review! Pretty excited, didn't think I'd make it this far with them!


Did you status checker just switch today?

WhiskeynCoke

Bronze
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WhiskeynCoke » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 pm

Withdrawn, incredulous at how they'd FR me being above both their 75ths unless it is some YP tool. Either way, hopefully this opens up a FR spot for someone.


Berkeley doesn't go by just the numbers. Maybe you came across as entitled in your PS? just a thought.......lol

WaitingandHopeful

Bronze
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WaitingandHopeful » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:45 pm

So we're expecting a bloodbath at 5 pm PST?

User avatar
yupyup

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby yupyup » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:46 pm

WhiskeynCoke wrote:
Withdrawn, incredulous at how they'd FR me being above both their 75ths unless it is some YP tool. Either way, hopefully this opens up a FR spot for someone.


Berkeley doesn't go by just the numbers. Maybe you came across as entitled in your PS? just a thought.......lol


At least he opened up a spot for someone else. :wink:

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute

Gold
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:59 pm

WaitingandHopeful wrote:So we're expecting a bloodbath at 5 pm PST?


+1... T-4 hours

User avatar
Micdiddy

Gold
Posts: 2228
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Micdiddy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:01 pm

I guess this is a good day to not even be complete yet. Gl all, hope no one hears anything today :)

User avatar
teiswei

Silver
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby teiswei » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Wormfather wrote:
WhiskeynCoke wrote:
Withdrawn, incredulous at how they'd FR me being above both their 75ths unless it is some YP tool. Either way, hopefully this opens up a FR spot for someone.


Berkeley doesn't go by just the numbers. Maybe you came across as entitled in your PS? just a thought.......lol


Yep, that's exactly how my PS about not starting starting college until i was in my late twenties because I had to help out with my family came across. Perhaps it was my DS about how my being AA doesnt mean that I have some sort of monopoly on struggle and hardship...

Guess I'll never know.

Maybe you accidentally sent your profession of love for HLS.

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Micdiddy wrote:I guess this is a good day to not even be complete yet. Gl all, hope no one hears anything today :)


Naw man, bring it.

*obligatory Big Zuck "Just get it over with and ding me" post

User avatar
VeeD101

Bronze
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby VeeD101 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:08 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:I guess this is a good day to not even be complete yet. Gl all, hope no one hears anything today :)


Naw man, bring it.

*obligatory Big Zuck "Just get it over with and ding me" post


:lol:

WhiskeynCoke

Bronze
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby WhiskeynCoke » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Yep, that's exactly how my PS about not starting starting college until i was in my late twenties because I had to help out with my family came across. Perhaps it was my DS about how my being AA doesnt mean that I have some sort of monopoly on struggle and hardship...

Guess I'll never know.


Any ties to California? Did you tailor your PS to Berkeley? I feel like Berkeley wants to know why you specifically like them. They're touchy-feely like that. Their admissions process is largely a big question mark (*holistic*), but evidence certainly suggests that numbers don't even come close to being predictive of results. I doubt you were YP'd based on your numbers. If anything, they might've found you unlikely to attend for other reasons. Based on your unwillingness to tolerate faculty review whatsoever, I'd say they were right.

You're already having an awesome cycle, I bet you get some serious T6 money. Come on, you didn't want Berkeley anyway.

nba101790

Bronze
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby nba101790 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Strange, my status checker has said UR since 1/15 but I just got an email stating that I'm now under review.

ValerOn1820

Bronze
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:27 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ValerOn1820 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:33 pm

nba101790 wrote:Strange, my status checker has said UR since 1/15 but I just got an email stating that I'm now under review.

the same situation. Under review 1/15 and just got an email: thank you for submitting an application to the U.C. Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall). We write to inform you that it was processed successfully and is now under review.

User avatar
iMisto

Silver
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby iMisto » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Made it to FR... I'm a bit surprised.

User avatar
Cobretti

Gold
Posts: 2562
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Cobretti » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:52 pm

ValerOn1820 wrote:
nba101790 wrote:Strange, my status checker has said UR since 1/15 but I just got an email stating that I'm now under review.

the same situation. Under review 1/15 and just got an email: thank you for submitting an application to the U.C. Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall). We write to inform you that it was processed successfully and is now under review.

Me too, status checker still says the 15th too



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests