Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lt_universe
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby lt_universe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:23 pm

VeeD101 wrote:thanks...I'll panic about another school for now and switch back to Berk in a few days haha

story of my life

BigZuck
Posts: 10870
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BigZuck » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 pm

So everyone who has reported so far is 3.9+/170+ or URM? Feeling better and better about the argument I was making this weekend.

Congrats guys! And Berkeley, if you're going to do it please just give us our dings already. The longer this drags out the uncooler it gets.

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby jselson » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Just got the email!

Submitted 1/8
UR 1/15

Both my college and graduate school are located in California, so I wonder if that made a difference, especially since I wasn't born or raised here. Very happy, especially since Berkeley is more holistic, and I haven't been sure about the strength of my PS/Resume.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wert3813 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:31 pm

BigZuck wrote:So everyone who has reported so far is 3.9+/170+ or URM? Feeling better and better about the argument I was making this weekend.

Congrats guys! And Berkeley, if you're going to do it please just give us our dings already. The longer this drags out the uncooler it gets.


What was your argument from this weekend?

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby VeeD101 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:31 pm

jselson wrote:Just got the email!

Submitted 1/8
UR 1/15

Both my college and graduate school are located in California, so I wonder if that made a difference, especially since I wasn't born or raised here. Very happy, especially since Berkeley is more holistic, and I haven't been sure about the strength of my PS/Resume.



With your numbers, I don't think you have to worry about 'holistic' reviews from anyone. Congratulations!

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:33 pm

jselson wrote:Just got the email!

Submitted 1/8
UR 1/15

Both my college and graduate school are located in California, so I wonder if that made a difference, especially since I wasn't born or raised here. Very happy, especially since Berkeley is more holistic, and I haven't been sure about the strength of my PS/Resume.


Meh... more likely its the 177 and the 3.9
Submitted the same day, UR the same day - no 177, and no decision! haha

User avatar
risa
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby risa » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm

BigZuck wrote: Berkeley, if you're going to do it please just give us our dings already. The longer this drags out the uncooler it gets.

+1

Let the bloodbath begin already...

bbsg
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bbsg » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Accepted as of an hour ago. 3.88/175

Edit - for those curious, submitted 1/8 (December LSAT -- rewrite from 165).
Last edited by bbsg on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

permapress
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:05 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby permapress » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:42 pm

submitted 5/11, UR 13/11, so it's been a nice, long wait... stats are 3.9/172, no special softs or anything. i feel lucky!

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:44 pm

I guess this wave of admissions is over... sounds like they went out like an hour ago

Jdawgie
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby Jdawgie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:46 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:I guess this wave of admissions is over... sounds like they went out like an hour ago


Sounds like they went out to lunch.

EDIT: Top of page GIF
Image
Last edited by Jdawgie on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tekumamba
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby tekumamba » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:47 pm

3.9 172 UR since 11/28 and silence for months. BOOOOOOOOOO!! i want an acceptance toooooo


and CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO'S IN! :)

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Jdawgie wrote:
ManOfTheMinute wrote:I guess this wave of admissions is over... sounds like they went out like an hour ago


Sounds like they went out to lunch.

EDIT: Top of page GIF
Image


But I'm not hungry yet, and I'm also on the west coast.

wisteria
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:43 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby wisteria » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 pm

tekumamba wrote:3.9 172 UR since 11/28 and silence for months. BOOOOOOOOOO!! i want an acceptance toooooo


and CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO'S IN! :)


UR 11/28 here as well. I'm pretty sure it's faculty review or WL for me at this point.

User avatar
BitterSplitter
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby BitterSplitter » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:51 pm

.
Last edited by BitterSplitter on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby 04102014 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 pm

lt_universe wrote:
VeeD101 wrote:anyone else who went under review on 1/4 and received a decision today? should I start panicking already?

FWIW, i went UR on 1/4 and have heard nothing back


+1

delarge3
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby delarge3 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:05 pm

IN! 168/4.07 with BS/MS in chemical engineering non-URM

submitted 12/12/12, complete 1/3/13 (december LSAT score), UR 1/4/13, decision 1/22/13

Got the email at 1:30PM EST for those of you timing things.

congrats to all fellow admits, and good good good luck to everyone still waiting. crossing my fingers for all of you.

User avatar
VeeD101
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby VeeD101 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:08 pm

delarge3 wrote:IN! 168/4.07 with BS/MS in chemical engineering non-URM

submitted 12/12/12, complete 1/3/13 (december LSAT score), UR 1/4/13, decision 1/22/13

Got the email at 1:30PM EST for those of you timing things.

congrats to all fellow admits, and good good good luck to everyone still waiting. crossing my fingers for all of you.


Congratulations! I appreciate the detailed post. It helps answers all the questions that come to mind when someone says they got in.

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby mcs268 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:19 pm

bleh, complete 1/4 and no decision. no email is better than a rejection email i suppose..

User avatar
bluecouch
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby bluecouch » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:22 pm

wisteria wrote:
tekumamba wrote:3.9 172 UR since 11/28 and silence for months. BOOOOOOOOOO!! i want an acceptance toooooo


and CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO'S IN! :)


UR 11/28 here as well. I'm pretty sure it's faculty review or WL for me at this point.


+1 Sitting at 12/6...

arrggg
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby arrggg » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:23 pm

bluecouch wrote:
wisteria wrote:
tekumamba wrote:3.9 172 UR since 11/28 and silence for months. BOOOOOOOOOO!! i want an acceptance toooooo


and CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO'S IN! :)


UR 11/28 here as well. I'm pretty sure it's faculty review or WL for me at this point.


+1 Sitting at 12/6...


Hah. 11/21. I win!

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 pm

arrggg wrote:
bluecouch wrote:
wisteria wrote:
tekumamba wrote:3.9 172 UR since 11/28 and silence for months. BOOOOOOOOOO!! i want an acceptance toooooo


and CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO'S IN! :)


UR 11/28 here as well. I'm pretty sure it's faculty review or WL for me at this point.


+1 Sitting at 12/6...


Hah. 11/21. I win!


We tie! Fellow 11/21er

User avatar
hhockberger
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby hhockberger » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 pm

arrggg wrote:
bluecouch wrote:
wisteria wrote:
tekumamba wrote:3.9 172 UR since 11/28 and silence for months. BOOOOOOOOOO!! i want an acceptance toooooo


and CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO'S IN! :)


UR 11/28 here as well. I'm pretty sure it's faculty review or WL for me at this point.


+1 Sitting at 12/6...


Hah. 11/21. I win!


+1

Me too! :?

amitty1019
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby amitty1019 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:26 pm

+1 Sitting at 12/6...[/quote]

Hah. 11/21. I win![/quote]

We tie! Fellow 11/21er[/quote]

10/25 for the win! And by win I mean inevitable ding :D

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013 cycle)

Postby danitt » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:26 pm

JohnMarshall17 wrote:
arrggg wrote:
bluecouch wrote:
+1 Sitting at 12/6...


Hah. 11/21. I win!


We tie! Fellow 11/21er

I'm at 10/24 and patiently awaiting my ding like a woman instead of withdrawing before I get rejected.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henryyou and 10 guests