IS REGISTRATION BINDING?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mouseymouse

IS REGISTRATION BINDING?

Postby mouseymouse » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:46 pm

I was admitted in april and my registration packet is due tomorrow June 25th FOR SOUTHWESTERN IN LA. you have to check a couple of boxes regarding payments that appear quite binding. If i do register am i bound to southwestern? I just got off usf waitlist yesterday and am waiting to hear from pepperdine and usd waitlists.

Any timely responses will help.

noleknight16

Re: IS REGISTRATION BINDING?

Postby noleknight16 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:39 pm

I doubt it's binding but I can't guarantee that unless you tell us what the document says.

mouseymouse

Postby mouseymouse » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:23 pm

By entering my full legal name (as shown above) below, I understand and agree that I am responsible for payment of my tuition and fees throughout my enrollment at Southwestern Law School.

I understand and agree that I may apply for Financial Aid and that my application for Financial Aid does not relieve me of my responsibility for payment of tuition and fees as described in the Southwestern Student Handbook available in the Dean of Students Office (W102) or online at https://my.swlaw.edu/dept/DOSDA/Documen ... ndbook.pdf.

I further understand and agree that in the event of default I will be responsible for reasonable court costs, attorney fees and costs of collection.

Furthermore, I understand that submission of this signed statement is necessary to complete my registration at Southwestern."

just dont wanna get stuck paying for two tuitions if I get off waitlist or if consider usf since i heard yesterday

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:27 pm

how much is tuition?

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:19 pm

http://www.swlaw.edu/studentservices/finaid/tuition wrote:Tuition Refund Policy

Students who withdraw before the first day of the semester, Summer Session, January Intersession or SCALE period receive a 100% credit of charged tuition. Those students withdrawing on or after the first day of classes will incur a prorated non-refundable tuition charge.* Once 60% of the semester, Summer Session, January Intersession or SCALE period is completed, the student will be charged 100% of tuition. The Hawaii Winter Intersession and Southwestern's Summer Law Programs have their own refund policies, which are printed in the brochure for each program.

although the real answer is, of course, not to attend any of these schools

sunynp

Postby sunynp » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:34 pm

fatduck wrote:
http://www.swlaw.edu/studentservices/finaid/tuition wrote:Tuition Refund Policy

Students who withdraw before the first day of the semester, Summer Session, January Intersession or SCALE period receive a 100% credit of charged tuition. Those students withdrawing on or after the first day of classes will incur a prorated non-refundable tuition charge.* Once 60% of the semester, Summer Session, January Intersession or SCALE period is completed, the student will be charged 100% of tuition. The Hawaii Winter Intersession and Southwestern's Summer Law Programs have their own refund policies, which are printed in the brochure for each program.

although the real answer is, of course, not to attend any of these schools

Wait - Hawaii Winter Intersession?

Southwestern Law School presents an exciting 14-day winter intersession program in Entertainment Law and Negotiation. The program will take place on the Golden Princess cruise ship, leaving from San Pedro, California on December 19, 2012, stopping at four (4) Hawaiian Islands and returning to San Pedro on January 2, 2013. This groundbreaking program will offer a variety of academic, cultural and social experiences through:
Courses on entertainment law
Courses on negotiation, mediation and dispute resolution
Instruction by recognized U.S. and international experts
All the amenities of a luxury cruise ship
Four days on four different Hawaiian islands
Luau on Oahu

Total cost: $5495.00

http://www.swlaw.edu/academics/coursein ... tersession

OP: Please just withdraw from this school.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:39 pm

is it just me or did they miss a huge opportunity to teach "International Law in International Waters!"

splitsplat

Postby splitsplat » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Luau on Oahu

seems to be lacking some of dat RIGOR

mouseymouse

Postby mouseymouse » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks for the help. And will usf be able to see that I registered for southwestern?

mouseymouse

Postby mouseymouse » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:19 am

I should add I am visiting both this week and will have a decision by friday but unfortunately southwestern is making me register by today

sunynp

Postby sunynp » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:08 pm

mouseymouse wrote:I should add I am visiting both this week and will have a decision by friday but unfortunately southwestern is making me register by today

If you are serious about going to this school, tell them that you need until the end of the week to decide. Even the top schools like Chicago are hurting for students, I think this school should be able to give you more time. Don't be rushed into a really bad decision.

But please don't go there.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:19 am

Worst case scenerio, registration is binding so you have to withdraw from that law school entirely and sit the year out. Not that bad, you can use the time to retake the LSAT and reapply. You're never forced to pay tuition, you can always drop out before the year begins.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:18 am

mouseymouse wrote:I should add I am visiting both this week and will have a decision by friday but unfortunately southwestern is making me register by today

For food stamps? That's considerate of them, given the job prospects.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”