HOWARD LAW c/o 2015 Waitlisted Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sirarod15

HOWARD LAW c/o 2015 Waitlisted Applicants

Postby sirarod15 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get some info on Howard's process for waitlisted students. I'm kind of nervous, June is here and I haven't heard anything back. I tried calling, but I keep getting their vm. :( Has anyone heard back from Howard yet?

LSAT>LDAC

Re: HOWARD LAW c/o 2015 Waitlisted Applicants

Postby LSAT>LDAC » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:35 am

sirarod15 wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get some info on Howard's process for waitlisted students. I'm kind of nervous, June is here and I haven't heard anything back. I tried calling, but I keep getting their vm. :( Has anyone heard back from Howard yet?

Don't be too nervous. I have worked in the MBA program office and I can assure you its an administrative delay. However I do suggest you keep calling and not taking 'not yet', 'is busy' or 'we dont' as an answer. A lot of the time with this school, its about consistent persistence.

If you are having trouble finding a working number you can PM me and I can help you out. I worked w/ the J.D/M.B.A's all spring.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:05 am

LSAT>LDAC wrote: A lot of the time with this school, its about consistent persistence.

If you are having trouble finding a working number you can PM me and I can help you out.

I'm not sure why you would want to go to a school that never answers when you call, and never calls you back (you are leaving messages?).

If they are doing this to people who they want to encourage to go there, what are they like to students that are already enrolled? This would have me worried.

LSAT>LDAC

Postby LSAT>LDAC » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:39 pm

stephinmd wrote:

LSAT>LDAC wrote: A lot of the time with this school, its about consistent persistence.

If you are having trouble finding a working number you can PM me and I can help you out.

I'm not sure why you would want to go to a school that never answers when you call, and never calls you back (you are leaving messages?)..

It could be her best opportunity considering her circumstance. I am an undergrad and I went because of the social atmosphere. However, though I'm not sure exactly how efficient the law school is, if its anything like undergrad you better be prepared for this. SN: Take my advice and get a working number, I can assure you that your acceptance may simply be laying under an overlooked pile of 'to-do list' items that came second to social networking and getting calls screened by your undergraduate assistants.

sirarod15

Postby sirarod15 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:50 pm

It could be her best opportunity considering her circumstance. I am an undergrad and I went because of the social atmosphere. However, though I'm not sure exactly how efficient the law school is, if its anything like undergrad you better be prepared for this. SN: Take my advice and get a working number, I can assure you that your acceptance may simply be laying under an overlooked pile of 'to-do list' items that came second to social networking and getting calls screened by your undergraduate assistants.[/quote]

That pretty much sums up my reasoning, thanks for clearing that up for me(@LSAC>LDAC)! In all honesty, Howard has a lot of positive attributes that makes it easy to overlook their small, yet inconvenient admin issues. The location, job opportunities, and familial environment are what drew me in. Everyone has to make their decision based on what they deem the best school for them. Rather it be based solely on numbers/rankings, interest areas, location, etc, that's entirely up to you. Quite frankly, I knew from the very beginning what I was signing up for when I decided to apply to Howard, having dealt with similar issues in undergrad. However, I have spoken to many of their alum/students, who genuinely and thoroughly enjoyed/value their experience. I'm not pursuing Howard based of the quality of their admin office (not to suggest that their office is of poor quality), so I'm not fully sure if I would qualify that as a valid reason not to attend (@stephinmd). I'm primarily concerned with rather or not any wait-list decisions have been made for this cycle, and finding a working number to get in contact with the admin office. I will PM you LSAC> LDAC for more information, you really helped to put my spirit at ease. Thanks :D

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:36 pm

sirarod15 wrote:
It could be her best opportunity considering her circumstance. I am an undergrad and I went because of the social atmosphere. However, though I'm not sure exactly how efficient the law school is, if its anything like undergrad you better be prepared for this. SN: Take my advice and get a working number, I can assure you that your acceptance may simply be laying under an overlooked pile of 'to-do list' items that came second to social networking and getting calls screened by your undergraduate assistants.

That pretty much sums up my reasoning, thanks for clearing that up for me(@LSAC>LDAC)! In all honesty, Howard has a lot of positive attributes that makes it easy to overlook their small, yet inconvenient admin issues. The location, job opportunities, and familial environment are what drew me in. Everyone has to make their decision based on what they deem the best school for them. Rather it be based solely on numbers/rankings, interest areas, location, etc, that's entirely up to you. Quite frankly, I knew from the very beginning what I was signing up for when I decided to apply to Howard, having dealt with similar issues in undergrad. However, I have spoken to many of their alum/students, who genuinely and thoroughly enjoyed/value their experience. I'm not pursuing Howard based of the quality of their admin office (not to suggest that their office is of poor quality), so I'm not fully sure if I would qualify that as a valid reason not to attend (@stephinmd). I'm primarily concerned with rather or not any wait-list decisions have been made for this cycle, and finding a working number to get in contact with the admin office. I will PM you LSAC> LDAC for more information, you really helped to put my spirit at ease. Thanks :D

I'm glad you were able to find a working phone number, and I hope you aren't frustrated and annoyed for the next three/four years whenever you have a matter that needs to be addressed by Howards administration. Good luck.

sirarod15

Postby sirarod15 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:46 pm

stephinmd wrote:
sirarod15 wrote:

I'm glad you were able to find a working phone number, and I hope you aren't frustrated and annoyed for the next three/four years whenever you have a matter that needs to be addressed by Howards administration. Good luck.

I think I will be okay, but thank you for your well wishes. :wink:

Landou9

Postby Landou9 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:23 am

I too am a waitlisted applicant in the same boat as Sirarod15. If anyone could please provide a good working number to me that would be great =) !

sirarod15

Postby sirarod15 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:31 am

Landou9 wrote:I too am a waitlisted applicant in the same boat as Sirarod15. If anyone could please provide a good working number to me that would be great =) !

Hey Landou9, have you heard anything back yet?

sirarod15

Postby sirarod15 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Has anyone heard anything back from the waitlist yet?

Landou9

Postby Landou9 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:11 pm

nothing yet but I think they've just activated the wait list per the email they sent out on Thursday morning.

dman12

Postby dman12 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:37 am

I wonder if we all have the same verbiage in our waitlist email? Just thinking that if the verbiage is more stronger to some than in others they have a greater chance of getting in.

sirarod15

Postby sirarod15 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:41 pm

dman12 wrote:I wonder if we all have the same verbiage in our waitlist email? Just thinking that if the verbiage is more stronger to some than in others they have a greater chance of getting in.

hey my email started something like "we were so pleased with your candidacy, you were offered a place on our wait-list....please respond by June 25 if you're still interested." what did yours say? i finally heard back from them today, im in!!! :D

dman12

Postby dman12 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Congrats...I'm in too!

sirarod15

Postby sirarod15 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:07 pm

dman12 wrote:Congrats...I'm in too!

Congrats to you as well!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”