At Home Test Prep Suggestions? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gsat

New

At Home Test Prep Suggestions?

Post by gsat » Thu May 31, 2012 10:33 pm

Hey All,

I'm going to attempt to study for the LSAT once more after a year of taking the exam. Last time around I studied through Kaplan. This time around I'd like to study at home, allowing myself an ample amount of time for the exam. I'd love some suggestions as to how to approach this. I don't mind mixing/matching my study books/guides. I also wouldn't mind some guidance with daily allotment of study time. I'd really like to bump up my score and open up scholarship options.

Thank you!

gravityrides0

Silver

Re: At Home Test Prep Suggestions?

Post by gravityrides0 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:48 pm

Powerscore bibles. i accidentally ditched the bibles to take a terrible princeton review course, so my score sucked. Don't make the same mistake I did. Just discipline yourself and self-study with Powerscore.

Also, wrong forum :)

Zionman

New

Post by Zionman » Thu May 31, 2012 11:49 pm

Bro, seriously no need to take any test prep unless you're undisciplined. Truth.

Just buy the books.

gobuffs10

Bronze

Post by gobuffs10 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 am

I have to second the Power Score Bibles. Granted, I only went up 7 points after using them, but I put in a substantially small amount of effort for a gain of 7 points, and it got me in where I wanted to go. If you're more disciplined and study harder than me (which isn't hard), the Bibles should be all you need. I took one of their classes online, and I didn't much care for it. There are a lot of kids who waste too much time asking their own questions, as though the class is a private lesson.

Also, in b4 "you're lazy and are going to fail at law."

gsat

New

Post by gsat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:59 am

gravityrides0 wrote:Powerscore bibles. i accidentally ditched the bibles to take a terrible princeton review course, so my score sucked. Don't make the same mistake I did. Just discipline yourself and self-study with Powerscore.

Also, wrong forum :)
Haha, thanks! I've re-posted this in the correct forum but thanks for the advice folks :)

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:30 pm

I'd add that the Powerscore RC bible is fantastic.... however when it came to Args, the Princeton Review materials worked better for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”