Sending the same LOCI to two schools? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Is it suspect to send more than one school the same LOCI?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 9

CCyeah

New

Sending the same LOCI to two schools?

Post by CCyeah » Mon May 21, 2012 6:26 am

Is it suspect to send more than one school the same LOCI? Let's say my reasons for wanting to get off the Harvard wait list are similar to my reasons for wanting to get off Yale's wait list, would inserting "Yale" where "Harvard" was and "New Haven" where "Boston" was be unethical? Would I be plagiarizing myself? I'm not lazy; I just have near identical reasons for wanting to go to two specific schools. I've also written a many LOCIs and after awhile writer's block sets in. Thoughts would be appreciated.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Sending the same LOCI to two schools?

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon May 21, 2012 6:50 am

Also remember to substitute "#3" for "#1".

Seems like you should be able to differentiate between the two law schools beyond their names & locations.

Are you declaring in the LOCI "if accepted, I will attend" ? If so, then that might become a problem.

CCyeah

New

Post by CCyeah » Mon May 21, 2012 7:12 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Also remember to substitute "#3" for "#1".

Seems like you should be able to differentiate between the two law schools beyond their names & locations.

Are you declaring in the LOCI "if accepted, I will attend" ? If so, then that might become a problem.
They wouldn't be identical statements; they'd be nearly identical. Ten or so words including school names would likely change.

No, I'm not promising to attend in either of the statements.

CCyeah

New

Post by CCyeah » Mon May 21, 2012 7:15 am

I should also add that this wouldn't be my first LOCI to either school. The first ones were unique and specific to each school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”