More WL movement than in years past?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bingbang1025

More WL movement than in years past?

Postby bingbang1025 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Question from a waitlisted applicant....

Given that law school applications are significantly down (and apparently, top LSAT-scorers are where the biggest drop is coming from), does this mean that schools must reach deeper into their applicant pools, in turn making this a better year to be waitlisted?

brotoss

Re: More WL movement than in years past?

Postby brotoss » Fri May 11, 2012 4:03 pm

I hope so...but I'm skeptical. I'm waitlisted at three schools around T24-T35. It seems they haven't rejected anyone and instead placed like almost every application on a waitlist or quasi-waitlist.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Re: More WL movement than in years past?

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Fri May 11, 2012 4:34 pm

I've been admitted to virtually every WL school I had.... I applied (late) to 20+ schools. About 4 denied, 6 accepted, and roughly 10 wait listed me. I withdrew from all of two schools.... Deposited and now I'm figuring on where to go.

I think this is a weird year. Very weird... of course everything is relative. But from my vantage point, I'd say they are taking more from the WL. There are other factors, too. I think (no evidence for..) more people are deciding not go as well, which frees spots up. I've seen many people decide to drop law school for a year due to the costs, and rightly so.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”