UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

UW or GWU: Which is the better law school?

Poll ended at Tue May 08, 2012 11:17 pm

UW
3
60%
GWU
2
40%
 
Total votes: 5

Lawyer1234
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:15 pm

UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby Lawyer1234 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 pm

.
Last edited by Lawyer1234 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby bk1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:29 pm

Want to work in Washington state? UW.
Want to work in Washington city? GW.
Want to work in some place not named Washington? None of the above.

And neither are worth sticker.

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby thelawyler » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:33 pm

bk1 wrote:Want to work in Washington state? UW.
Want to work in Washington city? GW.
Want to work in some place not named Washington? None of the above.

And neither are worth sticker.


Pretty much this. And if you want to work in SF, there's no reason to pick UW over Hastings. Forget rankings.

User avatar
El_Gallo
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 am

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby El_Gallo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Lawyer1234 wrote:I chose UW after seeing it move from 30th to 20th (USNWR rank).


This is a horrible reason to choose a school.

Also, this:
bk1 wrote:Want to work in Washington state? UW.
Want to work in Washington city? GW.
Want to work in some place not named Washington? None of the above.

And neither are worth sticker.


However, in my personal opinion, UW is the superior school.

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby thelawyler » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:36 pm

How is UW the superior school? I would say unless you are talking about value and in-state tuition for UW's sticker price, sure, but there's nothing that says UW should be considered better than GW at.

User avatar
El_Gallo
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 am

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby El_Gallo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:36 am

thelawyler wrote:How is UW the superior school? I would say unless you are talking about value and in-state tuition for UW's sticker price, sure, but there's nothing that says UW should be considered better than GW at.


I don't think the difference is huge. OP should definitely go to the school that is in the region where he wants to practice. However, I think UW gets points for being "top dog" in its very insular market. GWU is competing with GULC and the rest of the T14 in a very sought after market.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby rad lulz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:38 am

El_Gallo wrote:
Lawyer1234 wrote:I chose UW after seeing it move from 30th to 20th (USNWR rank).


This is a horrible reason to choose a school.

I dunno bro, I herd that tons of NATIONAL EMPLOYERS are gonna start showing up at UW in DROVES.

User avatar
westcoast
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby westcoast » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Just pick the school you like better or the city you prefer. I would probably pick UW because Seattle would be fun.

Lawyer1234
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby Lawyer1234 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:04 pm

.
Last edited by Lawyer1234 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby rad lulz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Lawyer1234 wrote:I disagree that rankings are unimportant or "a horrible reason to pick a school", I think a school's rank is the most important factor. But maybe that's just my youthful immaturity speaking.

They're not. You're an idiot. Go look at the hiring numbers.

User avatar
monkey85
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby monkey85 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Lawyer1234 wrote:Thanks to all, but I got into Penn Law in the end and that is where I am going this fall.


That is awesome. Congrats!

Now just do decently in school and you will clean-up for (NYC) OCI.

6lehderjets
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby 6lehderjets » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:29 pm

rad lulz wrote:
Lawyer1234 wrote:I disagree that rankings are unimportant or "a horrible reason to pick a school", I think a school's rank is the most important factor. But maybe that's just my youthful immaturity speaking.

They're not. You're an idiot. Go look at the hiring numbers.


What is proven by calling someone an idiot after they admit that their ignorance may be biasing them?

OP: Rankings don't mean shit after the T14. Congrats on Penn.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: UW or GWU, Help Me Decide!

Postby rad lulz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:34 pm

6lehderjets wrote:OP: Rankings don't mean shit after the T14. Congrats on Penn.

HTH




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackAndOrange84, Google [Bot], guybourdin, Justtrying2help and 9 guests