GW Waitlist 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby gravityrides0 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:02 pm

cts2012 wrote:Just received a $48,000 ($16,000/year) via email with a good standing stipulation, 3.3/167



ahhh congrats... so jeally! are you URM?

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2084
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby BmoreOrLess » Tue May 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Nammertat wrote:
BmoreOrLess wrote:Got the letter today in the mail, no scholarship info. It does say that more information will be coming, but I'm not holding my breath.


Did you also receive an email/phone call saying you'd been admitted?


Got an email before the letter.

cts2012
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:40 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby cts2012 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:25 am

.
Last edited by cts2012 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PoliticalJunkie73
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby PoliticalJunkie73 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:18 am

Has anybody been accepted off the WL this week? I received an email last week telling me that they expected to make a few offers this week. Just wondering if they've done it yet.

User avatar
unlicensedpotato
Posts: 415
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby unlicensedpotato » Fri May 04, 2012 11:30 am

Withdrew this week with $48,000 good luck to those on the wait list!

blurose
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby blurose » Fri May 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Just got off the waitlist!

blurose
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby blurose » Sun May 13, 2012 12:35 am

For those of you who've been accepted off the waitlist, have you received any scholarships or aid info yet?

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2084
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby BmoreOrLess » Mon May 14, 2012 10:22 am

blurose wrote:For those of you who've been accepted off the waitlist, have you received any scholarships or aid info yet?


nope, emailed them about it and told them about my full ride to Alabama. Got an email from them two weeks ago saying they will certainly look at me for scholarships, will take my current offer into account, and then get back to me in the next week. Haven't heard from them since.

mrjohnsterman
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby mrjohnsterman » Mon May 14, 2012 11:09 am

BmoreOrLess wrote:
blurose wrote:For those of you who've been accepted off the waitlist, have you received any scholarships or aid info yet?


nope, emailed them about it and told them about my full ride to Alabama. Got an email from them two weeks ago saying they will certainly look at me for scholarships, will take my current offer into account, and then get back to me in the next week. Haven't heard from them since.


I had a similar experience, was told I was going to hear something last week and never did.

blurose
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby blurose » Mon May 14, 2012 2:05 pm

So when you guys emailed them to let them know about your other scholarships was that before or after you submitted your seat deposit to GW?

mrjohnsterman
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby mrjohnsterman » Mon May 14, 2012 2:28 pm

blurose wrote:So when you guys emailed them to let them know about your other scholarships was that before or after you submitted your seat deposit to GW?


The WL/A deposit deadline is June 1. I wouldn't even think of depositing before I get a scholarship offer - GW/DC are outrageously expensive.

blurose
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby blurose » Mon May 14, 2012 3:58 pm

mrjohnsterman wrote:
blurose wrote:So when you guys emailed them to let them know about your other scholarships was that before or after you submitted your seat deposit to GW?


The WL/A deposit deadline is June 1. I wouldn't even think of depositing before I get a scholarship offer - GW/DC are outrageously expensive.


Yeah, I'd also like to know if they're offering me any aid before I submit the combined $1,500 seat deposit. Should I just ask or wait? I feel like they have very little incentive to offer me anything since I'm sure there are plenty of other people on the waitlist who would gladly accept and pay sticker. Suggestions?

mrjohnsterman
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby mrjohnsterman » Mon May 21, 2012 6:24 pm

I was recently offered a scholarship. It took a couple weeks of persistent follow up. They did not match my best offer from peer schools (T30) - but did give me a strong offer. In the end I will likely not accept it so i will try to get the money pack in the pot later this week.


Edit: withdrawn, best of luck.

blurose
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby blurose » Thu May 31, 2012 7:27 pm

Bump. How is everyone doing?

Mac&Cheese89
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:31 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby Mac&Cheese89 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:26 am

I got off the waitlist back in March and I got $$. I just declined my offer of admission two days ago. If nothing else, some lucky person is going to get my money :P

User avatar
illy22
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby illy22 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Withdrew yesterday. Hope one of you gets a spot!

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2084
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby BmoreOrLess » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:26 pm

blurose wrote:
mrjohnsterman wrote:
blurose wrote:So when you guys emailed them to let them know about your other scholarships was that before or after you submitted your seat deposit to GW?


The WL/A deposit deadline is June 1. I wouldn't even think of depositing before I get a scholarship offer - GW/DC are outrageously expensive.


Yeah, I'd also like to know if they're offering me any aid before I submit the combined $1,500 seat deposit. Should I just ask or wait? I feel like they have very little incentive to offer me anything since I'm sure there are plenty of other people on the waitlist who would gladly accept and pay sticker. Suggestions?


This country is in far worse shape then I thought if the bolded is true.

blurose
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby blurose » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:45 pm

As it turns out I was totally wrong about hesitating to negotiate. Every where I've negotiated has offered me something. They can't even require you to submit a seat deposit until they've processed and responded to your financial aid application, if it was submitted in a "timely fashion." They just try to scare people. If you fall for it you're a sucker, or just ignorant of the realities like I was. I realized they need you more than you need them, even if they take you off the waitlist.

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby Nammertat » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 pm

blurose wrote:As it turns out I was totally wrong about hesitating to negotiate. Every where I've negotiated has offered me something. They can't even require you to submit a seat deposit until they've processed and responded to your financial aid application, if it was submitted in a "timely fashion." They just try to scare people. If you fall for it you're a sucker, or just ignorant of the realities like I was. I realized they need you more than you need them, even if they take you off the waitlist.


^^ THIS...+1

User avatar
camillefisch
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby camillefisch » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Offered $30,000 a year off the waitlist which I didn't accept. (GW really ticked me off) I hope it goes to one of you good people.

blurose
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby blurose » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:31 pm

camillefisch wrote:Offered $30,000 a year off the waitlist which I didn't accept. (GW really ticked me off) I hope it goes to one of you good people.

Oh I can't believe they told me they have no more money but they'd love to if they could!

nellie_bly
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby nellie_bly » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:54 pm

camillefisch wrote:Offered $30,000 a year off the waitlist which I didn't accept. (GW really ticked me off) I hope it goes to one of you good people.


When did you find out they admitted you?

Would you mind detailing when and how many locis you wrote?

User avatar
camillefisch
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby camillefisch » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:25 pm

I never wrote a Loci. Like I said, I was pretty mad at GW for getting waitlisted and the way they treated some of their applicants. I never even responded to emails when they asked if I wanted to stay on the waitlist.

I got in 2-3 weeks ago. Originally, I was offered $25 a year, but they bumped it to $30

blurose
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 am

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby blurose » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Where have you decided to attend?

User avatar
camillefisch
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Postby camillefisch » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Georgetown called me the other day to see if I'm still interested. I'm desperately hoping to hear from them. Otherwise, I'm going to BU. They have been really great the entire application process.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hellohalo, jstans, Photomike2, Tomthecat, Why???, XUMickeal and 17 guests