GW Waitlist 2012 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fltanglab

Silver

GW Waitlist 2012

Post by fltanglab » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:51 am

Really want to hear back from them as it's my top choice, so I figured I'd start a thread. Anyone else sitting on pins and needles?

wisconsin2dc

New

Re: GW Waitlist 2012

Post by wisconsin2dc » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:58 am

Yep, in the same boat, my guess is we will hear back early may

PoliticalJunkie73

New

Post by PoliticalJunkie73 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:08 pm

wisconsin2dc wrote:Yep, in the same boat, my guess is we will hear back early may
I'm on the WL too. Did you guys get an email in late March asking if you were still interested? When I replied to that email confirming interest, I got a reply saying that I would hear back by April 30.

fltanglab

Silver

Post by fltanglab » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:09 pm

PoliticalJunkie73 wrote:
wisconsin2dc wrote:Yep, in the same boat, my guess is we will hear back early may
I'm on the WL too. Did you guys get an email in late March asking if you were still interested? When I replied to that email confirming interest, I got a reply saying that I would hear back by April 30.
Yes. I think it was in the original email though.

wisconsin2dc

New

Post by wisconsin2dc » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Ya, i've heard in the past that gw gives a lot of extensions on seat deposits, so I think a lot of people have until may 1st to decide, so I'm guessing, we will have an update end of april saying that they expect to start making decisions in early may, but this is obviously just speculation on my part

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

aeiouy

New

Post by aeiouy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:38 pm

I'm kind of surprised at the lack of movement on the WL considering the amount of admitted AND waitlisted applicants who have already withdrawn. Here's to hoping we'll hear some good news this week!

blurose

Bronze

Post by blurose » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Did anyone else get this today?
Good morning from GW Law!

As you are aware from earlier communications, our deposit deadline was April 15. Now that the deadline has passed, we write to let you know that we will have a limited number of spaces available for the fall 2012 entering class. In reviewing which applicants to consider for admission, we realized that we have not heard from you recently. The committee has asked that I contact you in order to confirm your interest in attending GW Law. (Alternatively, if you would like us to remove your application from consideration, I would appreciate your letting us know that as well.)

Thank you in advance for your response. Just so you know, we plan to send another update regarding the waitlist by the beginning of May.

Sincerely,
Matthew Dillard
Assistant Director of Admissions

diegoforlan10

Bronze

Post by diegoforlan10 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:24 pm

blurose wrote:Did anyone else get this today?

As you are aware from earlier communications, our deposit deadline was April 15. Now that the deadline has passed, we write to let you know that we will have a limited number of spaces available for the fall 2012 entering class. In reviewing which applicants to consider for admission, we realized that we have not heard from you recently. The committee has asked that I contact you in order to confirm your interest in attending GW Law. (Alternatively, if you would like us to remove your application from consideration, I would appreciate your letting us know that as well.)

Thank you in advance for your response. Just so you know, we plan to send another update regarding the waitlist by the beginning of May.

Sincerely,
Matthew Dillard
I received the same letter today. I responded saying that I was still interested and attached a LOCI. We'll see what happens!

fltanglab

Silver

Post by fltanglab » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 pm

diegoforlan10 wrote:
blurose wrote:Did anyone else get this today?

Sincerely,
Matthew Dillard
I received the same letter today. I responded saying that I was still interested and attached a LOCI. We'll see what happens!
Did you guys not originally respond to the first email? Or maybe I just email them too much lol so I didn't get anything...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

blurose

Bronze

Post by blurose » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:25 am

I did respond to the first one with a LOCI but I guess they didn't it or process it correctly.

diegoforlan10

Bronze

Post by diegoforlan10 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:48 pm

I also replied to the first one but I didn't submit an actual LOCI.

fltanglab

Silver

Post by fltanglab » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:19 pm

diegoforlan10 wrote:I also replied to the first one but I didn't submit an actual LOCI.
Hmm. Well I'm not going to overanalyze and wonder if it means anything that I didn't get that email. Whatever.

blurose

Bronze

Post by blurose » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:02 am

I'm sure you're fine, though I suppose it couldn't hurt to send them a LOCI if you're worried about it. When I was waitlisted the email said they would be contacting me again at the end of March to ask about my continued interest, so it was suggested to me that I wait until then to submit my LOCI. I waited and waited and didn't hear and it was March 30th, and I sent it in. I received their inquiry email about my continued interest a few hours later, stating that they would like to hear from me even if they have heard from me before, and I thought, well, I doubt they mean that if the last time they heard from me was a couple hours ago. But, apparently, they did. Maybe their system didn't log my LOCI email since it was technically before that email. I don't know. I'm probably over analyzing this... No, not probably. I am. I suppose I could look on the bright side and say maybe that means I'll be a good law student? :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PhillipMoore

New

Post by PhillipMoore » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:04 am

SPAM removed by Mod

fltanglab

Silver

Post by fltanglab » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:37 am

blurose wrote:I'm sure you're fine, though I suppose it couldn't hurt to send them a LOCI if you're worried about it. When I was waitlisted the email said they would be contacting me again at the end of March to ask about my continued interest, so it was suggested to me that I wait until then to submit my LOCI. I waited and waited and didn't hear and it was March 30th, and I sent it in. I received their inquiry email about my continued interest a few hours later, stating that they would like to hear from me even if they have heard from me before, and I thought, well, I doubt they mean that if the last time they heard from me was a couple hours ago. But, apparently, they did. Maybe their system didn't log my LOCI email since it was technically before that email. I don't know. I'm probably over analyzing this... No, not probably. I am. I suppose I could look on the bright side and say maybe that means I'll be a good law student? :)
I mean I've sent three already. I think I've run out of things to say for now lol. Nothing exciting has happened since my last one...

lgleye

Bronze

Post by lgleye » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Last edited by lgleye on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:51 pm

lgleye wrote:Hey......... Got off the WL with a $48K scholly......... nice to be off limbo since Feb WL.

Great News for you peeps 'cause I'm withdrawing, staying ny NYC (take that, Admissions Committee !!).
Best of Luck to you......... maybe see ya in court in the future.
Did you just get the offer today? Did it come in an email?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Nammertat wrote:
lgleye wrote:Hey......... Got off the WL with a $48K scholly......... nice to be off limbo since Feb WL.

Great News for you peeps 'cause I'm withdrawing, staying ny NYC (take that, Admissions Committee !!).
Just got in as well, got an email saying I would get a letter in the mail soon. No word of scholarships in the email though.

mrjohnsterman

Bronze

Post by mrjohnsterman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:50 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:
Nammertat wrote:

Just got in as well, got an email saying I would get a letter in the mail soon. No word of scholarships in the email though.
Same, if anyone received scholarship info in email please let us know!

FYI to those waiting they set a June 1st deposit deadline

illy22

Bronze

Post by illy22 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:59 pm

FYI, just got in via e-mail off the waitlist, had been riding it out since mid-January. originally went complete 12/28.

no info about $$, but said i'd be able to log into ASW by end of day, and that the admissions packet is being mailed today.

fltanglab

Silver

Post by fltanglab » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:59 pm

mrjohnsterman wrote:Same, if anyone received scholarship info in email please let us know!

FYI to those waiting they set a June 1st deposit deadline
I just got in as well. I'm SO excited!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

colforbin

Bronze

Post by colforbin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Also just accepted off the WL via email. No word on scholarships either way. Very interested to see if I can expect one or if I'm out of luck. 167/3.7

wisconsin2dc

New

Post by wisconsin2dc » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:08 pm

Just got off wait-list as well, similar numbers, 167 3.73, no scholarship mentioned

cts2012

New

Post by cts2012 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Last edited by cts2012 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:30 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:Just got in as well, got an email saying I would get a letter in the mail soon. No word of scholarships in the email though.
If anyone is interested, 2.95/168, so they are taking splitters.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”